Friday, September 11, 2020

Scrapiness

There is one more week of the Butterfly Challenge which finishes on the 15th of September. I had loads of small pieces of paper left over from making the first 3 Curtain Shape  cards so for my inspiration for you I am showing 2 cards I have made with just  those pesky scraps. 

Card 1 is using the 3 colours from the wheel plus my butterfly .
I simply stuck strips of the left over design papers and plain card stock  on a piece of scrap paper which was about 2" x 3". once it was filled up I die cut the butterfly out which is 'Whidbey'  by Memory Box  and the flower stamp is called Camellia from Thirsty Brush & Co. My lovely blogging friend Kanda was having a clear out of her stamps and very kindly asked me if I would like this one. The sentiment was in the same set and it came with a matching die cut. Thankyou so much Kanda. I have been watching lots of YouTube  videos showing how to use your scraps up and I found this design layout  by  Elizabeth Hill Rush which I rather liked so this is my version of her card. I added a matching gem to one of the butterflies wings for a finishing touch . 




Card 2 is again  using the 3 colours from the wheel plus my butterfly .

This time I used a piece of scrap paper that was 4" x 3" and stuck the strips of paper onto it diagonally. Then I die cut the 'Terrace ' butterfly by Memory Box out and then used some die cut sentiments to also cut out the  words out.  I love the way they have come out so multi coloured. I think I will be doing that trick for a lot of my sentiments in future.  I mounted onto plain white card stock  and left it overnight  as I thought it needed a little extra but couldn't think what. Then as I was clearing up the  left over strips I added  them on the card  and  bingo! 

 I also added a pink strip and a tiny slither of the multi strip to the edge of the inside of the card and then cut the front of the card down slightly so that it could be seen with the card closed.
I do hope you will pop over to the butterfly challenge and join in. As you can see you do not have to use all the elements on the wheel or even the card shape to enter.

20 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. What a great way to use up scraps. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

These are all absolutely beautiful with the summery colours. Hope you are feeling OK. Used my voucher this week thank you.

Not sure if you have seen what's been taking all my time this last couple of weeks, but the first months theme is right up your street: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/

B x

Aquarius said...

You've certainly made excellent use of your left over scraps from the curtain cards

Viv said...

These are lovely Mrs A! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Two wonderful cards Valery, beautifully designed and coloured, and such pretty papers, Kate x x

aussie aNNie said...

WOW stunning cards. xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are brilliant and what a great way to use up your scraps!! Great idea, hope all is well with you and yours, Hazel xx

Donna said...

These are beautiful, great way to use up your lovely scraps!!

Margreet said...

Beautiful results with using up your scraps!
xxx Margreet

Di said...

Gorgeous cards - way to go using all those snippets!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a great way to add color and use up scraps at the same time. The sentiment matching is so pretty.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all really pretty. Love the colours too x

Linda Simpson said...

These are all gorgeous, love the designs and pretty colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carol S. said...

Love the colours and the designs are beautiful. Great use of scraps and love the gorgeous butterfly. Hugs, Carol S,xxx

Kathleen said...

Three super creations, a great use of the snippets, lovely stamps, colours and layouts. Where have you been don't remember giving your leave of absence. Have a lovely weekend.

Kath x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the card designs Valery they are so sweet. Have a very happy and creative weekend, Angela xXx

Sandra H said...

Absolutely stunning cards Mrs A what a way to use up scraps and the layouts gorgeous stamp too enjoy your day x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Just popped by to say Thanks for the heads up about your Daughters blog. WOW its amazing!!!!! Love Hazelxx

Zoe Tant said...

Super pretty cards Valery Anne. Nice colour combo and who doesn't love butterflies Zoe x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful cards made with scraps, love especially the design of the first one, it's so elegant with the uncoloured flower!