Sunday, September 13, 2020

Stripes Galore.

Time once again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our latest makes. rita chose the theme of Christmas Sentiments.  I am a tad late posting as I had a slight altercation with a pair of sissors that I was cleaning the sticky tape residue from and sliced my thumb instead. How much mess can one tiny .05mm slit make!! It took three layers of micro tape one on top of the other to stem the flow. Live and learn and  as I didn't want to mark any of the cards I waited until today to finish making and take photos. 
I decided to use up all the scraps of christmas paper left over from previous cards that I have already made and stuck them onto backing paper in a random pattern. some on the diagonal and others just in a straight row. Most of the backing sheets were only 3" x 4" or 3" x 1.5". I just kept going until I had only tiny slivers of paper left. Then I pulled out all my sentiment dies some large some smaller and used the backing sheets strips to die cut them out. 
These are the resulting cards I managed to make. All the dies are tonic studios and I raided my gem stash to complete each one. 






I still have loads already die cut out so they will go on future cards as they are mostly just single sentiments.
Not bad for a pile of snippets that most would have  consigned  to the bin!  Fidly yes but then I am not going any place soon so time is not of the essence.




Stay Safe

Hugs 



21 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What a beautiful use of printed paper with diagonal designs! I love your layers, ValeryAnne, and the pretty color choices! hugs, de

dutchess said...

Great cards Valery...very clever use of all your snippets of papers ...they look fabulous....take care xxx

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Mrs A. What a clever way of using up your scraps, the sentiments look fabulous.
Avril xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, gosh you've been busy with all these wonderful cards. Lovely designs, and a great way to use up snippets. All super colours too.
Hope your thumb it's too badly cut, Kate x x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What an ingenious way to use up your snippets and off cuts and so effective too. Your cards are wonderful and very unique with their patchwork sentiment.
Lorraine

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Valery ...you have been busy ...
You were lucky with your Thumb ....
I will keep trying with the new Blogger ....tried it few weeks ago ...I got on ok...then I reverted back ....
It’s scary ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Chriss America Real said...

Wow! These cards are soooo cool! Love them all!

Hugs,
Chriss

Christine Harrop said...

You have certainly been a busy bee and made some great cards ValeryAnn. xx

Kathleen said...

A great collection of cards my favourite is the second one.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

A brilliant selection of gorgeous cards Valery. Great designs. Hus, Carol S.xx

Aquarius said...

Great use of all those strips of paper - pays to hang on to all the bits and pieces doesn't it?? Hope your cut finger soon heals.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A what a lovely selection of cards. You have been busy. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ohh Ouchy!!!Hope the thumb is on the mend. Your cards are all lovely, what great makes, love those colours, Hazelxx

Brenda in IN said...

These are beautiful and a wonderful way to use our scraps. This is something I will try when making cards. I'm sorry the scissors won the cleaning battle and hope your thumb is mending well. Bad scissors!

pinky said...

Ouch!! I've done that many a time Valery. Hope it heals quickly!! Loving your gorgeous card. Great colour scheme!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great way to use that striped paper, very clever. Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

Greta said...

Good for you using up the scraps! I especially like your Joy to the World card--beautiful! Thanks for the well wishes as we deal with the fires. We're so grateful the winds stopped blowing the flames toward us. Now we're just dealing with horrible air from all the smoke.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection of cards Valery Anne, a great way to use up those left over bit of paper too.

Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are different for you and very nice x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Interesting ways to use your scraps of Christmas paper. I have a lot to use too, thanks for the inspirations!

lichazul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.