Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Double Points.

Time for a new challenge and a new set of the Alphabet over on the Butterfly Blog.We are now on the letter D.
#147 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with D for Double Point Fold Card.

Here are my inspiration cards for you.  As usual you will find the tutorials for making these cards over on the Butterfly Blog under the tab Card Shapes. We are getting a nice collection of card shapes on there now and you are free to browse and make cards from the instructions  given. 

This card uses Version I 

I am using from the wheel:
Double Point Fold Card 
Theme: Diamante 
Colour: Delft Blue
Butterfly

The large floral  paper is a digidesign from Florjumka F-78 No 1 which not only being the right blue also reminded me a little of the Delft design.  The smaller design is by Nitwits from their Country lane too 'Circle Blue' I have used my go to Isabella and Pippi die cut Butterflies by Memory Box and diamante Gems from my stash. The sentiment is another of my go to stamp sets by Kaisercraft 'Birthday Wishes'. Below you can see how the card opens up.

This card uses Version II 

I am using from the wheel:
Double Point Fold Card 
Colour: Damson 
Butterfly

This pretty digi paper is called  Rustic Shabby Papers No 4 by Jodie Lee from Snap,Click,Supply co. I have teemed it with damson cardstock. The oval die cut is spellbinders Beaded Oval set  and the roses were made using the Spellbinders Rose Creations die set.  the butterfly is Isabella with a liberal coating of wink of stella.Big pearl from my stash.   Below the card opens up to reveal the sentiment from Kaisercrafts  Best Wishes set.  This version also shows a different way of  creating the double points. 

This card uses Version III 

I am using from the wheel:
Double Point Fold Card 
Theme: Diamante 
Colour: Delft Blue 
Colour: Dandelion
Butterfly


The butterfly design paper is a digi from Snap,Click, Supply co by  Prima called Sunkiss 05. The patterned paper on the diamond points is again from Snap, Click, Supply co by Bo Bunny from their Country Paper Pad 'Country Garden dot 2'.  Sentiments are by Kaisercraft from their Best Wishes stamp set and the diamante from my stash.  Below shows the card front opened up.
This version also opens up to reveal an added extra of the tent fold shown here.  The small butterflies are an SU punch and I made the front panel using an SU Tag punch

I hope my cards will inspire you to join in and have some fun. The challenge will be running for 3 weeks and will end on the 6th Oct. 
Tutorials will be up as soon as I can get all the images loaded using the New Blogger interface. 

N.B. Tutorials are now all loaded


Stay safe and well.

Hugs 

21 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Three gorgeous cards Mrs A. I keep promising myself I will make one of these but so far not actually got round to it. Take care. Christine xx

dutchess said...

great shaped cards Mrs A....going to have to look on youtube to see how these are made...takecare xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. That is a great design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Mrs A recently I made one of these folds and they are so pretty, Your cards have gorgeous colours on them too. xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are super pretty. I really like the first, blue one x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, loving your three cards, the designs are marvellous and what pretty papers too, I especially love the blue one.
Hope all is well with you, Kate x

Brenda in IN said...

This is a great designed card. You do such a great job with all these lovely folds. The colors are so pretty. I rarely do yellow but that yellow card is just outstanding. The paper is gorgeous and the touch of blue is so pretty.

Margreet said...

Love the shape of your beautiful cards!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, beautiful colors and great design! Hope your shoulder is doing better.

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous, love the designs and pretty colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous design and love the fold. Great cards and all beautiful x.

Aquarius said...

Another interesting and clever fold - great examples to inspire us

Chriss America Real said...

Oh I love your tutorials! So much fun! These cards are gorgeous!

Hugs,
Chriss

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW, these are stunning, I love the Delft blue colour. What great makes, I will be over to join the fun soon, cant beleive its been a fortnight since the last challenge!! Hazelxx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful Mrs A as well as the floral paper the butterfly 🦋 are gorgeous too lovely design x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

All your three cards are just gorgeous! Interesting shapes, I will read the tutorial later!

KandA said...

What a stunning collection of cards Mrs A. Super shape and lovely details xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Beautiful set of cards. Haven't come across this shape before, really unusual, Liz x

lichazul said...

Beautiful Valery cards, congratulations, the combination of colors and textures give a lot of personality and a special touch to each one.
the second version is great, the flowers the oval and the color combination is perfect
Hugs and thank you very much for your comment on my blog
have a great week

bellísimas tarjetas Valery , felicitaciones, la combinación de colores y texturas le dan mucha personalidad y toque especial a cada una .
la segunda versión es genial , las flores el óvalo y la combinación de color es perfecto
abracitos y muchas gracias por tu comentario en mi blog
ten una semana genial

Carol S. said...

Stunning cards Valery. All so beautiful designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great idea and love the finish of the cards they are so stylish. Hugs, Angela xXx