Friday, September 23, 2016

Run For The Hills.

The Butterfly Challenge has a new theme/colour running.

Now just in case this has sent you running for the hills
let me help by giving you some suggestions. 
Wire comes in all forms so think staples, wire mesh,
pipe cleaners (those furry ones have wire inside and are white).
Wire edged ribbon makes easy flowers.
Thin wire (florist wire) can be used for flower stems,
making a washing line, wire hearts, wire hangers etc.
How about spiral springs for a pop up card!!

Here are a further two cards to start you off.
I have used simple wire to make a loose coil of circles.
Embossing folder is by Crafts-Too called Spots.
Adhered to a white base card and raised on 3D pads
Precut circles and the sentiment are from craft topper sheets in my stash.
Butterfly is by SU and punched out twice for dimension.
White pearls also from my stash.


Entering into the following challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #42 Anything goes.
Lets Craft and Create #117 Spots or stripes.
Unicorn Challenge Blog #13 Happy Birthday.
Inspiration Destination #104 Anything goes.
Penny's Paper Crafty #296 Anything goes.
Craft Your Passion #330 Anything goes.


My second card uses a paper clip as the wire element.
See! Simples!!
Here I have used a peel of sticker in white
 by Elizabeth Craft Designs called Flowers in Square
on my background card again raised on 3D pads.
Sentiment tag from the same topper sheet as above.
I did attach with ds tape first and then added the paper clip over 
the top . Butterflies are a smaller SU punch.
Pearls from my stash.


Entering into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations #163 Anything goes.
Use Your Stuff #234 Butterflies.
Through The Craft Room Door # Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #247 Use up your snippets (white card for butterflies)
Crafty Girlz Challenges # Anything goes.

I hope you will come and join in .

32 comments:

Margo said...

I love these ! They are so elegant !
Greetz
Margo

brenda said...

I'm not quite up the hill yet, more contemplating in the valley, have an idea so lets see if it works !

Both of your creation offer so much inspiration Valery.

Bx

Sandra H said...

So pretty! x

Craftychris said...

Both of these are beautiful! I have made my entry but can't post it yet cause it's for my Mum in Law's birthday on Saturday and she follows my blog! Am pleased I will be joining in! Yay! xxx

Diane said...

What lovely designs and fun use of metal.

Hugs diane

cuilliesocks said...

OMGosh Valery, what gorgeous cards, I love the white on white and your designs are fabulous, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, the idea of a paper clip for "wire" is really briliant!! Great tip! Your cards are both lovely, and my favourite is the second one, so elegant with that sticker!

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 beautiful and stunnig cards.
I love them both as they are so pretty.
Your first one could be entered into the Frilly and Funky challenge as it has circles on it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Forgot to say thanks for the ideas on the wire.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards!
xxx Margreet

Erika said...

Ooo I have a crop on Sunday so I might get chance to play along with you. I love WOW cards.
Both your butterfly cards are stunning Mrs A.
As Arnold would say "I'll be back!"

Hugs Erika. x

Kathleen said...

I love white on white cards and these are a super example.

Kath x

Cheryl W. said...

Absolutely beautiful and unique cards. Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create.

MarĂ­a Pilar said...

Gorgeous white card. Both are really elegants. Thanks for the tip you give us.
Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff Challenge
Maria Pilar DT

Di said...

Beautiful Mrs A - and great tips for using wire. Still stuck here but as Len would say 'I'm working on it'!!

Hugs

Di xx

missgailly said...

Two beautiful white on white cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Unknown said...

two fabulous cards Mrs A. White on White cards always look so elegant and your designs are gorgeous.Thank you for sharing with us at Unicorn Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you back with us again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Sandy Palmer said...

White with a touch of gold is quite lovely together! Love the embossing too! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

TRACEY MO said...

Love the white on white a very classic card.


Thanks for joining us at I D

Tracey ct

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very stunning creations! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
Carolyn DT

Amanda said...

These are both great! Love how they are mostly white with just a splash of other colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff - Amanda DT

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Two very clever cards Mrs A., and do you know I've never made a white on white card? However today I made a rule that wherever possible every single card I make has to be a Christmas one as I m so woefully behind.
Not sure butterflies qualify as Christmas theme. Love your use of peel offs too, must use them more!
Shaz in Oz.x

AlisonC said...

Hmm, you have got me thinking now. You are so clever and always think outside the box. The paperclip is genius. Pretty cards, as ever.

AlisonC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KandA said...

Both beautiful cards Mrs A, Love the WOW elegance xx

Sally H said...

Stunning cards, Mrs A! Very Classy. I have a stash of fancy paper clips somewhere...

anne said...

Such clean cards, love the white on white. Thank you for playing along with us at Penny's

Jan said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan DT

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card ValeryAnne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful white on white creations. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Very clever use of wire, great designs! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Kimbo said...

Fabulous use of wire and very elegant cards x