Friday, September 30, 2016

Lets Sew.

It was my sister's birthday a few weeks ago.  Like me she loves making things and in fact when sis bought a new sewing machine and showed me it I fell in love with all the stitches it did and the gadgets. So much so that my local shop still had the deal going on it and I now have one too. I love it. I gave my old machine(fully working but basic) to the local quilt club who were pleased too. An all win situation.
Anyway here is the  Shaker card I made for her.


I used a Hunkydory pre colored image from their Little book of vintage lace. The shaker element is made from dark green card stock. The buttons  are shirt ones that I have had in my stash for more years than I care to remember courtesy of my MIL who used to work in a shirt factory. The sentiment is a silver sticker.  The card arrived before my sister's birthday and she rang me in a panic to say the packet rattled so she thought whatever was inside had been broken!! 








Entering the following challenges:

Artistic Inspirations #164 Anything goes.
Craft Your Passion #331 Anything goes.
Make My Monday #31 No patterned paper.
Deep Ocean Challenge # 138 Anything goes.
Crafty Gals Corner # 91 Anything goes.
Create and Inspire # 52 Anything Goes.
4 Crafty Chicks # 318 Anything goes.

20 comments:

Lia said...

Wow, this is an amazing idea. Love the way how you used the buttons!!
Lia xx

Barb said...

What a clever idea to use buttons in your sewing themed shaker. It's a fantastic card. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your new machine. Hope your having fun getting mess today. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. Barbxx

Sandra H said...

Oooh your poor sister so pleased l'm sure she was when on opening her card that nothing was broken and it was just the contents of the shaker card ....it's lovely l like the stitching effects on cards was this done by your new sewing machine lucky you! how nice that you too gave your old one to another good course that can use it and buttons used inside the shaker card is a great idea it's fabulous .....sending lots of love hope you enjoy your weekend x

brenda said...

What a fun idea using buttons for the shaker element Valery, makes for a lovely and different feminine card.

B x

Margreet said...

Love your 'personalized'card for your sister...to make a shaker with buttons is awesome!
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Liz said...

What a great shaker card, Mrs A. I love that you've used buttons, very clever! xx

Aquarius said...

What a great card for a keen sewist (never sure about the word 'sewer' LOL). Had to smile about the rattly envelope but a great idea to use those pearly shirt buttons as a shaker card.

cuilliesocks said...

This is a marvellous card Valery and just perfect for a sewer. Beautiful topper and love the buttons for the shaker elements, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
so glad you managed to have a new sewing machine.
Your sister's card is so perfect for a person that sews a lot, and what a very natty idea to put the shirt buttons as the shaker part.
That is a great image also.
I do miss my sewing, but I can't see to thread a needle now.
To think I used to make my own clothes, and hand embroider flowers on them.
Hope you are not laughing too much with that Miss Di on your time away.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ha ha ha! :D Your sister haven't thought that there were a shaker card with buttons in her packet! Such a surprise!! The tiny buttons instead the sequins is just a clever idea!! Thanks for sharing!! I have to remember this! Beautiful card and theme!

Tina Z. said...

brilliant idea with the shaker card! and great news regarding sewing machines!
have a great weekend!

Mac Mable said...

Perfect card for your sister and such a clever idea with the shaker. Loving your new layout on your blog, so modern and wonderful to have Loll's help. Missed admiring all the wonderful inspiration on the blogs whilst I've been away x

Unknown said...

Oh this is fabbo!! Love the idea of buttons as the shaker!!
Lucy x

AlisonC said...

How clever to use buttons, I always cut them off old shirts before I cut them into rags or whatever, so I have quite a few too. Lucky you to have a new machine, there will be no stopping you now! x

Pat said...

nice job. Looks great. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker card using buttons and beautiful vintage image --Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Joan said...

What a clever card and so well done - love it!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Unknown said...

Your shaker card is beautiful! SO clever to use small buttons with the sewing machine. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Leanne said...

So awesome, love shaker cards, this one reminds me of my great auntie, she was a seamstress, and wow, you've done it wonderful, and thanks for sharing with us on 4 Crafty Chicks.
Leanne DT/4CC

Sian said...

This is such a lovely, unique take on a shaker card. I love it.