Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Snape Marshes.

I recently did a 1 day watercolour class down in Suffolk with a lovely lady called Katherine and thoroughily enjoyed myself. Katherine has a studio in a converted barn in her garden and we spent the whole day in there just painting to our hearts content. This is my very first atempt at a water colour. Looking through her pile of pictures to copy I found a postcard of Snape Marshes in Suffolk which were just down the road from where we were so I thought it quite apropriate to try and paint. (The God parents just might recognise the scene!!)
The finished picture is quite big 13"x18" and is draped over the radiator in my craft pod at the moment until I decide what to do with it!!


And this is the real Mcoy.









12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful !
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I bet it gave you a real thrill to create such a fine peice!

Do What You Love said...

Mrs. A., it's been awhile for me - I've been traveling and will be again shortly. But congratulations first of all to you and Doc on your Ruby anniversary - how delightful; so many years! I wish you both many more together! Look at the fantastic things you've made; that ProMarker holder for Bernie, is it? WOW! You're so amazing! And Monkey has a friend, Norm - how lovely. Tell him to be careful of sunburn. Heehee Oh and what a lovely painting. You're so darn talented, Mrs. A. - it's simply marvelous to see the gorgeous creations from you. I just love it! You fill my day with beautiful treasures to enjoy whenever I stop by and it is a blessing!

Catherine said...

This is beautiful... I tried watercolouring a long time agon and I know how tricky it can be ! Hugs x

Jan said...

Watercolour is not the easiest medium to work with so well done to you, the colours are very soothing.

Jan x

Faye said...

Is there anything you can't do?! ;)
xxx

Jo said...

You got this watercolouring down to a fine art, literally ;) xx

Sherry said...

Lovely painting Mrs A, sounds like an idyllic class location too x

The God Parents said...

Yes, we recognise the scene very well, you certainly have done the lovely view justice. Well done!!

Jan said...

Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog, the comment reminds me of the poem.....

UP the airy mountain,
Down the rushy glen,
We daren't go a-hunting
For fear of little men;
Wee folk, good folk,
Trooping all together;
Green jacket, red cap,
And white owl's feather!

Jan :o)

Zue said...

Your sky is really good.
And I love the trees on the horizon.. well done!!!
Sue xx

Zue said...

I am hopeless with watercolour!!
Sue xx