I used a strip of heavy pink velevet (purchased for 50p in the local charity shop) and then covered it with some really old lace (has been in my stash box a good 30yrs +). The cream satin is from a friends wedding dress (17yrs ago). I didn't make the wedding dress for Sarah but she asked me to make one of my Victorian Rag dolls for her little bridesmaid to hold instead of a flower basket on the big day so I asked for a piece of the material and made a minature version of her dress for the doll to wear.
The two pearl buttons are from a vintage car boot sale but the rest of the beads are modern but have an old look about them so blended in very well. Here is the cuff ready to wear.
And a picture showing the back. I added in a small placket just in case to allow for size discrepancies but Caleen said it fitted her fine. I backed the cuff with the plain satin and hand stiched the whole thing.
I didn't want to just send the cuff on its own so I added in a couple of suprises too.
I made this little flower brooch from some turquoise satin (A colour Caleen had said she liked)
again from material in my stash .
Then I used the rest of the pink velvet to make this bag. The inside is pink Japanese silk material that matched the velevet perfectly.
All finished just in time to send off by the deadline.
I am entering the cuff into the following challenges.
ABC Challenge. F is for Flowers. Not very clear but the beadwork is also done in a flower pattern.
Wild Orchid. They are asking for Pastels.
One Stitch At a Time. They are asking for Embellish with your favoiurite things. I have used beads and buttons.