Friday, March 08, 2024

Straws Anyone!

A friend a while back challenged me to make a card using straws on it Now never one to pass up on trying out something different I bought a packet of drinking straws and sat and had a play and this is the result. 
I made a tent fold card base attached my stamped image to the front and then made a border around the edge by flattening straws and shaped at the corners to give the effect of a fancy photo frame.  The stamp is a favourite of mine by Woodware 'Camellia' and whilst the pattern on the straws is actually of roses they matched perfectly. coloured with my promarkers and dusted with a light coating of pearlescent chalks.  The card does stand up as I made the tent shape with a fold at the bottom. I did mean to take a sideways view showing that but I had sent the card to its recipient by the time I remembered to. 
Entering this card into the following challenges.
Crafts Galore #121 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #79 Anything goes.
Love To Scrap #166 Anything goes.
Patties Creations #216 Anything goes.



13 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well that's certainly something new - super card and well done for rising to the challenge. I've never come across patterned drinking straws - I lead a sheltered life I guess 🤣🤣

Sandra H said...

This is so lovely Mrs A and your always there to try out new ideas well it's a stunner your end result is gorgeous and l love a Camellia x

Margreet said...

Beautiful straws to work with. Gorgeous card!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Those straws are really pretty Mrs A- don't think I've seen any like them. They make a fabulous frame for your beautiful camellia- a very clever idea.
xx

Brenda in IN said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent. This is so clever and the card is beautiful. Good for you taking on the challenge!

brenda said...

That's really unique and what pretty straws, never seen any like that, I obviously shop in the wring places. A lovely focal Rose as well, perfect for our feminine theme at We Love Stamping, thanks so much for joining us.

B x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs. A, this looks great and the straws make a really pretty frame for that lovely flower - I've never seen straws as nice as those.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
Avril xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, those flattened straws seem a real frame. Never heard about this technique but the result is so pretty especially with that lovely pattern. The camellia looks great and so feminine. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping, I'm glad to see your work in the gallery!
Hugs

coldwaters2 said...

What a clever way way to use the straws the frame look great so does the flower
hugs
lolo x

Carol L said...

What a clever and effective way to use drinking straws! I love this beautifully framed floral image and I just marvel over how you used those straws :)

Chris said...

Me again! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Stamping Sensations.
Chris
x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous design with those colours too ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Straws as a frame? Ingenious, a clever and beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT