Thursday, March 21, 2024

Book Art.

Repurposing something a little different today.  I had made a Christmas Tree folded book (not shown yet)
and had about 80 pages left over that I had pulled intact from the original book used. There they sat on my desk waiting for inspiration until I spotted this book folding design on YouTube that only took 40 pages in total to make. 
The original tutorial also used book pages to create the flowers but IMO they didn't really stand out so I made mine from  variegated design paper (from Clarity Crafts)  also made them in 3 different sizes and edged the pages in matching distress ink.  Here is a close up of the origami flowers. Added leaves too.
Not having the original book left I also made a new book cover from cardboard and covered in the same variegated  design paper.  

Entering into the following challenges:
Allys Angels #80 Anything goes.
Crafty Calendar   More than one fold. 
Creative Moments #256 Flora and Fauna.
Love to Craft #79 Anything goes.
Mix It Up #70 Anything goes./optional fancy fold.
The Crafty Addicts #11 Anything goes.
We Love 2 Create #2 Anything goes mixed media.

Will be round your blogs to catch up on your makes shortly My immune system has decided to throw its toys out of the pram again .This time with a flare up of Psoriasis on both my feet. The red itchy flaky skin has been driving me nuts especially at night time. 



21 comments:

Margreet said...

Your project is breathtaking, Mrs A. Great folding and stunning flowers.
Sorry to hear about the psoriasis on your feet.
xxx Margreet

brenda said...

Wow, so intricate and beautifully done and love your choice of colours. Hope the itching soon settles, no fun when our immune systems do the dirty on us.

B x

dutchess said...

Oh this is so gorgeous…absolutely stunning …what a great project
Hope the feet get better soon…take care xxxxx

Chris said...

This looks gorgeous Mrs A, such a great way to use those left over pages. The variegated papers are so pretty and make a lovely book cover and flowers. I have never tried book folding, it's on my 'to do' list. I hope your poor feet soon get some relief from the itching so you can get some sleep.
xx

Aquarius said...

Gosh it's ages since I did any book folding - I'd almost forgotten about it but you've made a super job of this one with the lovely flowers. Love it. Sorry to hear you are having health problems, hope it doesn't last for too long.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous book folding and love the gorgeous flowers.Hope your feet feel better soon.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! Absolutely stunning Valery, gosh it looks complicated, but I just love it. Gorgeous colours too, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW wow wow!!! I'm speechless! Never tried Book Art, love so much seeing this!! Your home decor is absolutely stunning and catch-eyes! Those lilac flowers are delicious and pop so well from the book! It's a very clever design and of course there is also a butterfly! :D Such amazing Artwork!!
So sorry for your immune system Mrs A. hope you feel better soon!! Take care!

Dthielker said...

This is amazing, I've not seen anything like this, you have so many talents!

LesleyG said...

That’s so pretty, and not a design I’ve seen before. Sending healing hugs xxx

GerJanne said...

Oh Valery Anne, this is stunning! So beautifully done!
So Sorry to read about your psoriasis and your health. I hope it will be better soon!

Liz said...

A beautiful project Mrs A, the flowers are amazing. I hope your Psoriasis clears up soon.
Liz xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A Wow this is wonderful where does your talent end absolutely stunning work xx

Brenda in IN said...

This took my breath away. It is stunning and that is not a strong enough word to describe it. Edging the pages is brilliant and really makes them stand out. The flowers are gorgeous. I'm so sorry you're having issues with Psoriasis. That must be horrible and I hope it's better by now. Sending hugs to you.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Valerie Anne, this is just amazing and I love the colours you used too. Hope your Easter is full of smiles. Hugs Angela xXx

Beverley said...

Gorgeous project, the origami flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x

Carol L said...

I have never seen anything quite so beautiful created from book pages before, but you've really outdone yourself! Those colors, origami flowers and beautiful design just blow me away! Your creativity is over the top with this amazing and stunning project! Wishing you better days ahead with your health.

lichazul said...

Wow very beautiful 🤩🤩🤩
Congrats 💐
Hugs and blessings

Greta said...

Amazing and beautiful project!

Sue - said...

That is a really pretty make! Unfortunately I can’t bring myself to cut up books, however old and tatty they are so still haven’t made anything ! I do like seeing what others have made though!

Carrie said...

I saw this over at Crafty Calendar (congratulations on being a top pick), and I wanted to take a closer look. It’s so pretty! Sorry to hear about your immune system acting up and your psoriasis flare on your feet. Praying for healing and relief.