Sunday, March 03, 2024

Mixed Media Boards.

I fancied having a go at doing some mixed media using canvas boards for my base. Found everything I needed in my stash so had a play and these are the  results. Quite pleased with the results as this was the first time I had used modeling paste through a stencil and mica mists. I know , I know  I am late to the party but one just can't rush these things!

I covered the boards first with Gesso as they are only cheap ones and then used a stencil and modelling paste. Left it overnight under a radiator and then used a paint brush to apply some green pearls tints. After that I ventured out into the garden and used a pink micca mists randomly to cover.  The house was a chipboard piece that I covered in white paint and the frames were from where I had die cut the white strips (the kind man had  sent me as packaging in my order) mentioned in a previous post. The florals/butterflies are stamps by Julie Hickey again stamped and fussy cut from the white strips.  Buttons are from my button tin which once glued in place given a coating of wink of stella. 
The two heart buttons started out in life as orange with white spots but I covered in gesso  and sprayed with mica powder. The letters again cut from the white strips and painted pink and then wink of stella applied.  I just need to find a couple of matching old picture frames to set them into so I will be having a rummage in the local charity shop for those. 

Had several appointments to go to this past week but only managed to get to one of them as the rest were either cancelled  at the last minute or rained off so have had to be rescheduled.  There is so much surface water around at the moment. The bottom half of the garden is under water with just the stepping stones above it. Lots of flooding around the local roads too. Hope your all managing to stay dry. It is the first day of spring next Wednesday and I can't wait for the nicer weather. 



14 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hello there, your canvases are just gorgeous. I love the texture you've created with your mixed media products and the colours are beautiful. Well done you, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Also here lots of rain, waiting for the sunny Spring!!
Two beautiful canvas, love the textures and the shimmering pink! Both the designs are lovely! Beautiful flowers with the buttons inside and gorgeous layered butterflies!
Hugs

Donna said...

Awesome canvas, that will be beautiful hung in your house!

GerJanne said...

I just love these creations and the effect of the modeling past through a stencil looks great!
Here in The Netherlands we've had 2 dry days in a row (at my place). I hope it will continue for weeks.....
I've got your email. Ans it's not a problem at all! I'm very patient!

Freubelmina said...

ooooh wow you were so creative ValeryAnne 🤩
Everything is so beautifully colored and perfectly matched, I'm in love with it!
We have also had a lot of rain in recent months, but yesterday was the first day of spring, oooo it was so much fun 🌞

LesleyG said...

Well done! Two lovely canvas works of art , and looks like we’ll have a dry day!x xx

Aquarius said...

These are beautiful, good luck with finding some frames for them so they can adorn your walls.

Chris said...

Your mixed media canvases are beautiful, lovely texture and shimmer, the button-embellished flowers are so pretty- great idea to alter the colours of the buttons and add the sparkle and shine to them so they match the rest of your design.
Spring and sunshine is a lovely thought, after weeks of rain we've had two dry days now...and sunshine, fingers crossed it will last for a while!
xx

brenda said...

Isn't it amazing what we find in our stash! All came together so nicely.

Same water issues here, the orchard's been under water for what seems like ages, to add to that hard frosts the last couple of days.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is spectacular and so beautiful Mrs A wonderful work of art
hugs
lolo x

Brenda in IN said...

These are works of art for sure. A lot of details and the shine is beautiful. These would make such wonderful gifts and be sure to save one to hang in your home.

AlisonC said...

It pays to be cautious with these new trends... Beautiful results tho now you've tried. Really pretty. Developing webbed feet here x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous mixed media boards,love the deliate coloured background and sheen,beautiful button flowers.
Carol x

Sue - said...

Your two canvases are so pretty, hope you managed to find some nice frames for them.