Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Decoupage Cards

A new challenge is over on the butterfly blog. It is the turn of using a Technique and this time it's

Here are a few cards for your inspiration. 
On my first one I have gone with making a card 
using  the colours from the wheel of  Dairy Cream/ Dusky Pink/ Dark green. Decoupage/ Diamonds and a Die cut.

I have made a tent fold card shape which you can see in the photo below is self standing.  The stamp I have used is by Woodware 'Cosmos Collection' and I stamped 3 times. The first image creates the die cut base and I then fussy cut elements of the flowers out several times from the further 2 images to create the decoupage effect of the flowers. All coloured using my Graph'it marker pens and a silver gel pen for the relief . The sentiment was part of the same stamp set. Flat diamonds from my stash. The butterfly is a Woodware punch. 

The next one is a Slim line card created using a Die cut called Radiant Rose lily by Tonic Studios. I have used all of
  the colours from the wheel and  Decoupage/ Diamonds and a Die cut. Sentiment is also by Woodware. The die set comes with 5 single sized petals which I cut several times in various sizes and coloured before layering up with 3D dimensionals between each layer. 

A sideways view showing the layering. 
 
Last card using  the colours from the wheel of  Dairy Cream/ Daffodil/ Dark green. Decoupage/ Diamonds and a Die cut.  The stamp set  used is by W plus 9 and includes several butterfly shapes. Coloured using my Graph'it pens and a gold gel pen along with pearlescent chalks. Again i stamped out the flower image 3 times using the first image as the die cut base and fussy cut elements of the flowers out on the other two images to layer up with. The sentiment is from a stamp and die set by Practical Publishing 2020.

You can of course use ready made decoupage sheets which you just need to press out the pieces and layer up via the instructions included on the sheet. You will find a picture of one over on the butterfly blog.

I hope you will find the time to come and have a play. The challenge runs for 3 weeks as usual so will finish on Tuesday 2nd April. 






11 comments:

Margreet said...

You made some wonderful cards for the new challenge!
xxx Margreet

brenda said...

Beautiful creations, the options really inspired me this time round and as I have some decoupaged flowers from pre one arm not working, I have something in progress.

B x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely selection of cards Valerie Ann

Anne

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This post is full of beauties, all your cards are so elegant and classy! Love so much them all, and especially the slimline with that fabulous intricate background panel and the different colours and measures of the flowers, such amazing and cheerful design.
I use Graph'it markers too. They have a firm tip, that for me it's much better than the brush tips, as I have a too much "heavy hand" LOL :D And they last very long, mine are seven years old!
Hugs

Aquarius said...

Pretty floral cards, nice to see some decoupage

Freubelmina said...

Another fun challenge where you show beautiful inspiration cards ValeryAnne.
I will definitely do my best again to make something beautiful xx

GerJanne said...

Hi Valery Anne,
I like the new challenge! Your cards are lovely! The last challenge was over in an eyewink (for me)
Hope to join you again this time!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow Mrs A, stunning collection of 3D cards, every one is beautiful in its own right. Great combinations.
Grand to see your handiwork. I'm busy making in between resting a lot but not much time for blogging. I'm praying re your health and appointments available when you need them.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful and creative cards Mrs A l do like to see dimension on cards yours are stunning x

Dthielker said...

Gorgeous cards, I like all the dimension-very striking.

lichazul said...

Pretty pretty cardsπŸ’☺️πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Happy day