Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Envelope Romance.

The current  Butterfly Challenge is running for another week in order to help me catch up from not feeling well. Today is the first day I feel back to near as normal. Whatever it was I don't want it again!!
I was going to show just one new Envelope card shape but have ended up re tweaking the first two versions so here are 3 new cards to give you some added inspiration. All 3 versions have been added to the card shapes page as III, IV and V.

First card (Version III)  is a tweak on Version I but both panels are secured down and the pocket shape is more defined. I almost designed this card by accident as I didn't want to cut across the key on the design paper which would have happened just cutting across the diagonal of the 4" x 4" panels. I moved the pencil mark in by half an inch and cut the diagonal from that point to the opposite corner. I think it gives a more envelope shape to the card.  Design paper is from a paper pad by The Paper Boutique called 'Secret Romance and has all the three colours from the butterfly wheel in it. The edging and the trim were from my stash along with the sentiments which again were just the right colour.

This is the back of the envelope and the back of the insert leaving room for a message to be added.
Showing the front of the envelope and the front of the inset panel .
I managed to incorporate the shape, edging and butterflies to complete the required wheel. 

Entering this card into the following challenges:


Second card (Version IV)  is a tweak on Version II bu there you are only making to pockets in the envelope. Design papers this time are from paper pads from The Works called 'Vintage Love' and 'Secret Rose' which again incorporated the three required colours.  The butterfly stickers  and sentiments from my stash. This is the front of the envelope closed. The insert for leaving a message tucks into the back pocket. 


Inside the envelope which makes a nice space for adding  a gift card.
 Below shows the message panel for inserting a greeting  and showing the pocket it fits into on the back of the envelope. 
and finally once inserted the back of the panel embellished with more of the butterflies.

  Entering this card into the following challenges:


Finally my last inspiration for you with a new envelope shape. VersionV. This envelope shape opens up fully and is held closed with a belly band.  The floral design paper is from the Paper Boutique pad 'Secret Romance' as above along with the pink paper which is from the The works paper pad 'Secret Rose'. The green swirl is a digi paper by Cottage and Lace an Etsy shop called Floral Too.  The silver edging  butterflies and white sentiment were from my stash. 

Showing card opened up and free standing. 
Entering into the following challenges:



The Butterfly challenge will now close on next Tuesday Nov 3rd ready for the last challenge #149 using the letter F before the butterflies are cocooned for the winter. 

Stay safe and well

HUGS

15 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all of your cards are gorgeous. I do hope that you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kathleen said...

Three super creations, fabulous design and great papers.

Kath x

Viv said...

These are just lovely Mrs A!
Glad that you're feeling a bit better - hopefully things will continue to improve for you. x

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous selection of cards -love all the beautiful papers and glad to hear you are feeling better
Carol x

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Mrs A. The papers are so pretty. I'm hopig to get time to join in the Butterfly Challenge, the last few weeks seem to flown by so quickly. Hope you feel better soon. xx

brenda said...

Great inspiration as always. That bug really did get a hold of you didn't it, but pleased it's abating at last.

I feel bad I've not joined in your challenge for so long. It's not for the need of not thinking about it, more I get made what I have too and honestly don't have the inclination do do much more, all very much an uphill struggle at present.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Mrs A your cards are amazing. You are so creative and clever with your fabulous folds x. Extra loving how you adapted Version 111 to accommodate the pretty paper and the key.
I am so glad that you are on the mend but take it easy x.

Sandra H said...

Ooh wow your so creative l love your cards and layouts nice matching envelopes too! Take care and get well quickly sending virtual đŸ¤— x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

So glad that you are beginning to feel yourself again. Strange how we can still get these things whilst locking ourselves away from the world. I love your gorgeous trio of cards.

Sue xx

lichazul said...

yours card are absolutely awesome!!, congrats Valery
hugs and blessings for you

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are fabulous I love them.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh wow, these are really pretty. I especially love the first one x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
so sorry to hear you have not been at all well.
I think I know the feeling having a few health probs myself.
I do so hope you are okay now and continue to re-cooperate well.
Love all your super cards and their wonderful shapes and designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hope that you are now much better. I love your new versions of the cards, I must get my peel outs out to play with!!! Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend, Hazel xx

KandA said...

Sorry to hear you had 'bugs' but very glad that you're on the mend. Three fabulous cards and super designs, and such lovely papers too xx