Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Envelopes.

Is anyone else having problems accessing their Blogger Dashboard because I sure am.  Firstly blogger prevented me logging into my account using my Ipad and said I needed to up date my browser to one of four being shown on my screen. Safari being one of them which my ipad has installed  and that I needed Java script enabled which it already is. Two days later and blogger prevented me logging into my dashboard from my laptop using Google Chrome + Java Script. After another 2 days Blogger relented and let me back in using my laptop +Google Chrome + Java Script and I hadn't touched or updated anything so I do not know what is going on. I still cannot access from my Ipad which is annoying to say the least. I am now running late with my posts. The tutorials for both of these cards will be up on the Butterfly Blog asap. so please be patient.  There are a lot of photos to process for the step by step instructions. 
Ok. Rant over.

Time for a new Challenge over on the Butterfly Challenge where the  theme is:



I have two versions of an envelope Fold card to show you today and another one for next week. 

My First card Version I
Uses all 6 elements of the above wheel. 

A simple wrap over card with one side left open so that the card stands up on it's own.  I have used a digital paper from Snap Click, Supply Co by Jodie Lee called Rustic Papers No2.  The stamped butterflies are  a freebie from a craft magazine.  The sentiments are from a clear stamp set by Kaisercraft.
This is the insert panel that tucks into the back fold and has room on the back for writing your message.Below showing the card free standing and the insert panel.  I have forsaken  my normal go to die cut butterflies  in favour of  Whidbey and Theo by Poppy Stamps.The gems and ribbon are from my stash and the Happy birthday panel is SU's Extra Large Modern Label punch.  The fancy edge is a border punch by Martha Stewart. I have had in my stash almost form the word go and it sadly gets overlooked but not today!
Entering this card into the following challenges:





My Second card Version II
Uses all 6 elements of the above wheel. 

This card might look complicated but all you are doing is folding a square of paper up. You end up with 3 pockets. One in the centre section and a pocket under each of the flaps front and back. Plenty of spaces to add your message and include a gift card or money.  I have used another digital paper from Snap,Click,Supply Co by Jodie Lee called Faded Vintage papers  No 6. Punched border and butterfly using the same as above. 

Here you can see the insert panel tucked into the middle section which has room on the reverse for your message. 
The stamped butterflies and sentiments are freebies from a craft magazine.  The gems from my stash
Here below are the front and back flaps which I have decorated and stamped before completing the folds and make nice pockets for inserting a gift card or money wallet. 

I do give full instructions for making this card which will be available over on the Butterfly blog.  
I am entering this card into the following challenges:




Do hope you will pop over to the butterfly blog  and enter a card. The challenge will be running  for 3 weeks and closes on Tuesdsy 27th Oct. 

Till then stay safe.

Hugs



25 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very pretty papers and love the edges and a lovely butterfly die.

Kath x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A I am sorry you are having trouble with Blogger. Your makes are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Liz said...

Your cards are just gorgeous Mrs A.

I had exactly the same problem with my iPad and blogger recently. My iPad was so old (about 8 years) it wouldn’t update a lot of my apps, including Google Chrome which is why I couldn’t get into the dashboard. I guess Safari wasn’t updating either so that it wouldn’t work with blogger either. My early birthday/Christmas present of a new iPad arrived today and I seem to be able to edit blogger on the iPad now the same as on a PC. (Doing a Happy Dance here!)

Donna said...

Another fabulous fold and beautiful cards! I need to retire so I have more time for crafting!

Greta said...

Beautifully feminine cards! Love the punched edge!

Aquarius said...

Looks like another interesting fold - you seem to be able to keep on coming up with different ones. What a shame that you are having such a hassle with Blogger - so frustrating when things don't work as we expect them to!!

LesleyG said...

I empathise with blogger problems, although I haven’t had that issue, I don’t even know what half of it means, but I did get a new IPad recently which is working well, touching lots of wood!
Very pretty projects, can’t sit for instructions so I can have a go, but don’t stress over it, it’s not worth it xxx

Margreet said...

Beautiful envelope cards!
xxx Margreet

Sally H said...

Gorgeous envelope cards! It is a long time since I made some differnt shaped cards. I will have to try folowing your lovely examples! I really do sympathise with the blogger issues. With both blogger and facebook seeming to change daily at the moment I am spending ages looking for things and not finding them. There are also places where I am sure I left a comment and it doesn't appear.

Brenda in IN said...

I don't know why you mess with a good thing that's working but that's what happens. I'm not a big fan of change so I sympathize with you about blogger. These cards are beautiful. I love the lacy trims and how you incorporated all six elements into your first card. Cute tucked panel in the second card.

Sandra H said...

So pretty and creative Mrs A is your card Mr blogger isn’t at his bed l too had trouble recently needs to be sorted xx

Chris said...

Beautiful caryds Mrs A, fabulous folds, beautiful papers and colours- the punchd borders are really pretty too.
Sorry about your blogger problems, I hate it when things are changed for the worse!
xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes I agree with you about blogger...x What beautiful and feminine cards with unique and stunning designs x. Fabulous how you managed all the 6 elements too x.

Linda Simpson said...

So sorry you are having problems with blogger. I adore these projects you have created, beautiful papers and designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are beautiful. I have been waiting patiently for the style for this time as I have a special card to make and I thought I would wait and use your fold. :) Blogger is a nightmare once again, its such a shame as it seemed to have sorted itself out. I cant imagine how bad it is for you with all the photos, adding 2-3 is bad enough! Take Care, Hazel xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable both, a lovely feminine fell and love the folding!

Jules said...

Hi Mrs A

A great card fold.

Your samples are amazing and use beautiful papers!

I have never been able to add photographs to my blog posts from an ipad .. .. even when Mr Blogger was behaving himself LOL!!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous collection of samples for our inspiration Valery Anne. Just had a little giggle, I see from the bottom of your post that it says that this was posted from the Indian Ocean, prehaps that's why you've been having trouble :)

Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Glad you got your post up. Super pretty projects x

cuilliesocks said...

What stunning cards Valery, beautiful papers and lace, amazing folds, you are a wizard at doing these kinds of cards.
Glad you've managed to post your cards, blogger is a pain in the proverbial at times, Kate x

Di said...

Gosh, these are all fabulous! Lovely shapes as well as very pretty indeed. Hope the snuffles clear up soon - we've both just got over the same sort of thing. Certainly not good for the dentist - let alone wearing a mask either!

Hugs

Di xx

Zoe Tant said...

These are all very pretty Valery Anne. Nice idea with the fancy folds too. Zoe x

Freubelmina said...

Blogger really has the cure, no fun!
Thank you for this fun challenge with beautiful patterns, my 1st contribution is a fact and linked.
I really enjoyed making these.
Thank you also for your kind response to my blog Mrs. A.
Kind regards, Wilma xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous papers and loving the folds. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Karen Howard said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I love the lace edges and the patterned paper is so soft and pretty. What great ideas!