Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Curtains

Time for a new challenge and a new set of the Alphabet over on the Butterfly Blog.We are now on the letter C.
#146 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with C for Curtain Fold  Card.

Here are my inspiration cards for you.  As usual you will find the tutorials for making these cards over on the Butterfly Blog under the tab Card Shapes. We are getting a nice collection of card shapes on there now and you are free to browse and make cards from the instructions  given.

This card uses Version I 

I am using from the wheel:
Curtain Fold Card
Colour: Carnation Pink
Colour: Carrot Orange
Butterfly

 Made as a tent fold. The embossing folder I have used  is by Core'dinations and the design paper for the curtain was a freebie from Making Cards magazine april 2016 which had just the right shade of orange in it. butterfly is my go to Memory box Isabella/Pippi. the sentiment stamps are by' Kasercraft' Birthday Wishes clear stamps set. Below is showing the inside of the card.


This card uses Version II 

I am using from the wheel:
Curtain Fold Card
Theme: Colouring pens.
Colour: Carnation Pink
Colour: Carrot Orange
Colour: Citron
Butterfly


 The butterfly and sentiment are Freebies from Paper Crafter Magazine .The paper was in my stash but I have no name  to go with it.  Butterfly is coloured in using a combination of promarker and Graph'it pens.  Ribbon is a real oldie from my stash. I haven't used ribbon for ages on my cards.! Below is the inside of the card with another coloured in butterfly.


This card uses Version III 

I am using from the wheel:
Curtain Fold Card
Colour: Carnation Pink
Butterfly

A side opening card using another freebie design paper from Making cards magazine from The  Nancy Watt collection. Twine and gems were from my stash. 

The Dental surgery  went ok but I have a problem that has now cropped up so need to go back and get it sorted before the next stage of the tooth restoration can begin in November. 

Hope to see you over at the Butterfly Challenge which will again be running for 3 weeks. 




Stay safe and well.
We are still not out of the woods yet!

Hugs 

26 comments:

Tina Z. said...

Wow, they are all really stunning and so elegant.
I can't wait for your tutorial, I have always wished to try this fold.
Crafty hugs xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning set of cards. I do like that curtain fold it is so stylish. I am sorry that you are still having trouble with your teeth. I hope it all gets sorted out soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Aquarius said...

A lovely selection of cards - very effective technique.

Mia said...

I have never seen cards with curtains, Valerie. What a gorgeous technique! And your cards are really beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration, my dear friend. Kisses!

Margreet said...

Great curtain cards. Love the last one most.
Sorry to read about still having tooth problems. Hope it will be sorted out soon.
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

♥♥♥ these kind of cards have already set a time aside to make one/ xxx

Sandra H said...

Wow all of your cards Mrs A are adorable love the folds they are so creative

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

A curtain fold can’t say I’ve ever heard of it, Mr’s A. Lovely work there.. Great three cards you clever Vegemite, well done, indeedy. Thanks so much for popping over and saying hi ... am sorry I’ve not returned the courtesy till now. Appreciated your loving thoughts.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Anja v K@@rten said...

Sooohooo sweet and elegant!
Creatieve groetjes, Anja

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, your selection of cards are so beautiful, super design and gorgeous papers used for the curtains, lovely colours too. Hope all is well with you, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful and love the papers and curtain folds.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three gorgeous cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your cards are lovely, what agreat fold. Im going to make mine in the next few days. :) Sorry to hear you need further treatment before the restoration for the tooth. Braver than me though, Im so scared of the Dentist, Hazelx

Chris said...

Beautiful examples of curtain fol cards here- it's a very impressive fold and the colours and designs are lovely.
Sorry to hear you need more more dental treatment- but it will all be worth it in the end.
xx

Kathleen said...

Some really beautiful cards with very pretty papers and great colours. I once made a card using this design but it wasn't called 'Curtain', can't remember what it was called though but they look great.

Kath x

LesleyG said...

These are so pretty, and I love the vibrant citrus colours. Hope you get your tooth sorted....not nice xxx

Carol S. said...

All different and all so beautiful Mrs.T!! Love butterflies and use them a lot. Great designs with the folded papers too. Hope you get your teeth sorted out soon. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Donna said...

These are just gorgeous Mrs. A!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all super pretty. The folded paper is such a great detail x

Greta said...

All lovely & so unique! I especially love the 3rd one!

pinky said...

These are all so pretty Valery. Haven't tried this fold for a long time. You have made it look so gorgeous.

Jules said...

Hi Mrs A

What a wonderful collection of cards .. .. I particularly love the first one.

Hope you have managed to escape from the summer-house and are not still "rained in"!

Enjoy your bank holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

Mac Mable said...

I am so thinking about you and your tooth restoration and so sorry to hear that something has cropped up...sending hugs x.
I am always so intrigued with your amazing fold cards Mrs A....Your cards are unique, creative and beautiful x. Thank you for always inspiring me x.

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous cards Valery. I really should try these pretty paper folds like lots of folk I have more than enough paper to try them. Keep safe Zoe x

Chriss America Real said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE these cards, this is definitely a tutorial I am going to use somewhere in that distant future when I have more time.

Hugs,
Chriss

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have never tried this fold, it looks so pretty and feminine! Lovely compilation of cards!