Sunday, August 02, 2020

Catch Up

Time for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our latest cards.The theme set this time by GranMargaret  is Nativity  but before showing the cards I made I have two to show from the previous theme which was set by Linda asking for Penguins. I had  sat this one out to give my shoulder a rest so without further ado here they are.

Card No 1. 

The stamp is a freebie from  a Crafts Beautiful magazine . I die cut using my Crafts-Too Presscut Square scallop edge die ref PCD77 and then die cut 3 more layers in alternate colours. All adhered to a white cardstock base. Silver sentiment is a sticker from my stash but the lighting is not showing it up very well in this photo. 

Card No 2.


I have had these left over bits from an old card front in my stash for ages just waiting for the right moment to use up on a card. The sentiment is from the same freebie stamp set as the penguins in the card above. After I had taken the photo and put everything away I suddenly thought that i could have added googly eyes on the four large penguins!  

Card No 3.
 I don't normally get any nativity cards sent to me but last christmas I received 3 so I kept the fronts for recycling. This one is just layered up on  cream shimmer cardstock and then I found I had cardstock that matched the card perfectly so used it to make the base card with. I raised the card front up with 3D pads.


Card No 4.
Again I found that I had beige cardstock in my stash that matched the hills in this next card perfectly so i used it for the base card. Layered up wth the same cream shimmer card as before and raised up  on 3D pads.


Card No 5.
This card front had a square edging to it but I wanted to cut it out using a circle die which didn't quite sit within the lines so I had to cut some bits off. The beige and  the red strips were left over from the previous cards and as the colours were in the picture I used them to back the card with raising them up with 3D pads. Flat pearls were in my stash and I think I pulled this one off. 


I hope everyone has been enjoying the warm sunny weather but keeping safe and well. I have spent my time out in the garden. The butterflies and bees are loving all the flowers that are out  and the frogs are  having fun moving around  between the ponds. 



37 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Valery
Happy your shoulder is a bit better...
Love all your cards ...
take Care Sylvie xx

brenda said...

A fabulous display of cards and adore the rich colours of no 3. Hope your shoulder is improving, I eventually got to my osteopath with mine but it's a slow process.

B x

gwen70 said...

Wow all fabulous cards xx

Sandra H said...

Oh what a lovely array of cards lovely images and layouts of your cards Mrs A...hope your shoulder mends quickly nothing worse than being prevented from doing what you love to do stay safe sending lots of hugs xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous cards and so gorgeous designs as always. xx

Aquarius said...

A great selection of Christmas cards. Take care of that shoulder.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous collection of cards Valery Anne, I hope that your shoulder is getting better.

Sue xx

dutchess said...

Great selection of cards you have made Valery....great designs the second penguin card made me smile.....
Glad your shoulder is on the mend....take care xxx

Chris said...

A lovely selection of Christmas cards here, ove the fun one with the bright colourful penguins and great recycling to create those beautiful Nativity card.
Hope your shoulder is improving.
xx

Carol L said...

You've done a fantastic job of recycling Christmas cards and making them brand new again! I love them all but those penguins walking in a winter wonderland just makes me giggle :) NJ on all of them, and I hope your shoulder pain improves so you can enjoy doing what you love again soon! Hugz

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda in IN said...

You are a wizard at recycling card fronts and these are beautiful. I also love all the scalloped layers on the sweet penguin card. That is the sweetest image and you are sure getting a good start on your Christmas cards. Please take care of your shoulder.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous selection of Christmas cards and loving the penguin ones they are adorable. I hope you are a bit better and taking care of yourself.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Di said...

Great selection of Christmas cards Mrs A - super upcycling as well of course. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Hugs

Di xx

Chriss America Real said...

Wow, you have been busy! Beautiful cards!
Hugs,
Chriss

Margreet said...

Great selection of winter/Christmas cards. Love the penguin cards most. Googly eyes would have been a great addition indeed.
Hope your shoulder feels better.
xxx Margreet

scrappymo! said...

You have done so well for a lady with a recovering shoulder! I am very impressed with you!

Your cards are all lovely. I think the crazy, zany penguins steal the show and you should indeed add the googly eyes. They would make those larger penguins look priceless!

Again, all the cards look wonderful...

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great catch-up post, love the fun penguins. You have been really busy and managed 3 for this theme too, all fab cards. I'll be a little late this time I'm afraid.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Brilliant collection of cards, some really great images, colours and designs.

Kath x

Donna said...

Your nativity cards are just stunning and the penguin cards are so cute!!

Carol S. said...

A fantastic selection of gorgeous cards. Hard to choose a favourite!! Hope your shoulder is okay after making all these beautiful cards. Stay well and safe, Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is a great selection of cards. The penguins are cute! x

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Valery, what fantastic cards! I especially love the colourful penguins and your recycled Nativity cards are brilliant. Hope you are well and the shoulder is easing, Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great collection of cards, the penguins are so sweet. Hope you're having a lovely week, Angela xXx

Zoe Tant said...

Perfect catch up Valery you are more efficient than me. I like all your lovely cards . Zoe x

Greta said...

I love the nativity cards & the 2nd penguin card is just so fun!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely array of cards, how much work!! Great upcycling!!!!

KandA said...

Wonderful collection of cards Mrs A. Love the penguins and great upcycling xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A. Hope you're well and your shoulder is improving.
A great collection of Christmas cards, I really need to get organised.
Hugs Avril xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

test

pinky said...

Your penguin card is just adorable Valery! Religious card are just beautiful and I love to see them at Christmas time. Reason for the season and all that, so why not recycle!!

Diane said...

Wonderful collection of cards and designs.

Hugs Diane

Karen McAlpine said...

Awesome recycling job. The cards turned out so well. I just hate to throw away those beautiful cards I receive. Thanks for the ideas. The penguins are so cute too.

Sally H said...

Some absolute stunner here Valery! I love your penguins and the religious ones are fab too

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards love them all -hope your shoulder is feeling better
Carol x

Jules said...

Hi Mrs A

I hope that shoulder is starting to improve now.

A great penguin themed cards .. .. and I love the recycled ones too.

Take care and keep enjoying that garden.

Love Jules xx

Craftychris said...

A wonderful array of beautiful cards, love them! I am glad you are enjoying your garden. Take care of your shoulder, stay safe and take care of yourself! Hugs xxxxxxxxx