Thursday, July 09, 2020

Every Things Coming Up Daisies

I blinked and whoosh it's Thursday already. I braved the outside World on Monday for the first time since lock down and had a Dentist appt. which had been cancelled since March, rebooked and cancelled again due to the PPE kit not arriving in time for them to reopen.  I wore my face mask right up until being told to open wide!! Well I certainly do not like the 'New Norm'. Not venturing out again until August which will be for a hair appt. Until then its a paper bag over my head!

My card today is featuring a digi and design paper both from Buddly Crafts  which is the company I am using for the Prizes over on the current  Butterfly Challenge. They really do have some gorgeous papers to choose from and a lovely range of digi stamps too. Three winners will receive gift vouchers and  be able to select what they want from the site.

Design paper is called Pretty Mix  no13 and what I like about digi products is the ability to size up and down as you require. On this card I have sized the paper to be half a foolscap sheet (which is behind the image  and then a whole sheet  on the card base. I fell in love with this digi stamp. she is called Island Girl by Kim Macfarlane and this image is called ' Coming up Daisies'.  Reminds me so much of a certain little girl when she was growing up! I split the base paper diagonally and inserted  a green cardstock strip mainly to tie in with the colour of the watering can. I normally colour first and then go and hunt down papers to match but today I knew which colours I needed to use to go with my chosen paper.

 Coloured with my Graph'it pens and then a silver gel pen around the edges which you can see in the picture below  where I tilted the card and used the flash on my camera. I had a little spool of  left over green thread that matched perfectly so decided to stitch around the edge of the image. Halfway round it suddenly dawned on me that I might not have enough thread left  (and just like knitters go into a frenzy to knit to the end of a row before the wool runs out) I hurried round  to finish with just enough. Phew!! Sentiment is generated in word and printed off.
 Entering this card into the following challenges:
CD Sunday Plus #39 Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop. #381 Use you snippets. (Green card stock and spool of thread)
Jan's Digi Challenges #14 Anything goes.
Crafty Sentiments Designs # Anything goes.
Creative Inspiration # In the Garden.
Creative Moments #194 Anything goes.
Double 'D' Challenge # Stitches.
Love To Scrap #135 Anything goes.
Ellibelle's Corner # Summer time.
Paper Funday Challenges #19 Anything goes/the great outdoors.

The Butterfly Challenge has another 2 weeks to run and I will be back with more inspiration for you. Tutorials for making Accordion style cards are on the blog under Card Shapes. I have 3 different versions for you to try.


Stay Safe and Well.

Hugs 

36 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Mrs A, the image is so sweet. The stitching is a perfect finishing touch, glad you managed to complete it before running out of thread! xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, well done in getting to the dentist, hopefully it wasn't too awful. Our dentist's are open for certain procedures,not fully yet.
Your card is so pretty, beautifully designed and coloured, lovely stitching too.
From tomorrow face coverings are mandatory in shops, something that should have been form the start. I do wonder how it will be adhered to. Take care of yourself Kate x x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and great colouring -your stitching comment made me laugh I well remember knitting quicker before the wool runs out lol
Carol x

Chris said...

Such a sweet card Mrs A, the image is so cute, pretty papers and a great design. The stitching looks fabulous and the sentiment made me think of my 10 year old granddaughter who has taken up gardening during Lockdown- she's so delighted when when one of her flowers blooms, she's growing herbs and veg too!
It's not very nice going outside at the moment, don't blame you for staying at home as much as possible!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning pair of cards. Stay safe and well. Hugs Jackie

Diane said...

Beautiful card and sweet image love the idea of using stitching in a design.

Hugs Diane

dutchess said...

Super sweet image Valery and a lovely card...we have hair appointments today looking forward to being tidy again...dentist September...goodness how the year is flying by...take care xxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card and image Valery Anne, I love how you've used the gel pen around the image. It gives the look of being embossed.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Love your card Mrs A and what a fabulous image just love her - venturing out is a big thing for all don’t think my first day would be to the dentist l told mine l won’t be visiting until next year 😁 hopefully l won’t need an appointment before then l have been out several times now still social distancing and later in the day when there isn’t too many people out stay safe x

Pamela said...

I really like the backing paper - the little birds are so cute!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Diane said...

Beautifully stitched card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Mac Mable said...

Those papers are really pretty and the image of The Island Girl is super cute. What a fabulous idea to use the stitching and I am glad you just had enough of the thread Mrs A. The silver pen edgin looks so pretty and what a delightful and beautiful card x.

Brenda in IN said...

How cute she is and I like that stitched frame you did. Be sure and stamp and decorate the bag you are going to wear over your head.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....Well done you braving the dentist and I don't blame you staying in until August....much the same our end! x.

Donna Walls said...

Very sweet make, I've not heard of Buddly Crafts so thanks for featuring them, I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna, DT

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card, love the image and faux stitching.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna said...

This is amazing with your beautiful silver stitching, a work of art!

Jocelyn said...

A very pretty card and I like the stitching. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! The image is so sweet and the stitching looks fab. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous card Mrs. A. A very cute image and love the colours. I colour first and then spend an hour trying to get a paper to go with it!! I had my Dentist appointment in April cancelled and phoned them 2 weeks ago and was told it will be about a year before we will get an appointment. As for hair, not a problem as I have been a hairdresser for 57 years!! I have always cut and coloured my own hair and of course, hubby too. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Valery, she is so sweet. I must say I love her boots. Pleased you like my little car too. Wishing you a lovely creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous post full of awesome pretty colours and style. ♥

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Beautiful card Valery and love the stitching detail. Good you got to the dentist but may be a hat, similar to your card, instead of the paper bag?.... I just keep cutting bits of my hair lol (I trained as a hairdresser about 150 years ago)

Have a good weekend

June x

Margarets designer cards said...

A pretty card with delicate colours, lovely image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Darlene said...

OMG how adorable Valery! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stitches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Di said...

What a fun card this is - and the young lady is adorable! i did giggle about frantically knitting in case the wool runs out in the middle of a row - something I still do to this day! How daft is that?! No luck with the doggy toy for Bella - it's a shame as I really thought we might hit lucky.

Hugs

Di xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is so pretty, I love that you went round her in silver, I bet it looks amazing in real life. I kept looking at my bobbin spool for my sewing the other day as it was getting near the end. Then when it did I hadnt noticed. Oops!! Glad you managed out to the Dentist. No idea when I will see mine as they do home visits so I presume they are still out of bounds for a bit! Enjoy the weekend, Hazelxx

pinky said...

Our normal checkup will be due in July but no word from them as yet! Not looking forward to venturing out either Valery!! I love your cute and gorgeous card.

Kathy Krug said...

What a fun imageand great design for our stitched challenge at Double D Challenge Blog. Thanks for sharing it with us. We hope you join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

So very pretty. Reminds me a little of you x

Seafield Jo said...

I love the colours on your card and the addition of the stitching. I'm sure it will make the recipient smile.

Thank you for joining in with my challenge.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Cute and sweet card, beautiful colouring and love the stitching all around the panel!

Pat said...

I love your prettily coloured sweet little lady Mrs A and the paper makes the perfect background, and together with the lovely stitching and CG sentiment, really super card. Glad you managed to get to the dentist. We have that joy to come but are leaving it for now. Unfortunately our appointments should have been in April. x

Carol said...

What an unusual effect you have created with the pen. I love the stitching as well. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

OlgaB said...

Very cute image and makes me looking forward to spring!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
Hope to see you again!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Ellibelle said...

Super cute card!
Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!