Wednesday, July 31, 2019

More Joy.

We are into the second week already of the current Butterfly Challenge which is lasting for a total of 4 weeks.  The letter to be used is J for Joy fold and I have now added instructions for how to make this shape (under the card shapes tab) on the challenge blog. 

This is the card that I have used to illustrate  the tutorial.
I have gone with the wheel elements of  Joy Fold/ Jasmine/Jewels/Butterfly.

I have used  the closure as being a belly band as I wanted to show on the tutorial that the whole of the base card can be cut from just  1 sheet of card stock/design paper 29.7cm x 21cm.
Most coloured cardstock comes in this size along with design papers from magazines and digi papers that you down load from the web or cd's.
This is the completed card. I used white card stock and a snippet of a digi paper from 'Pink Petticoats'
Isabelline Dandelions that I had left over from another project and was in my paper stash.  The yellow  design paper is also from my stash and I think by SU.  The stamped butterfly is by 'Stampendous' from their Royal Butterfly SSC 1155 stamp set. I thought it worked perfectly with the dandelion design paper.  The Birthday wishes sentiment is by Woodware.  Jewels from my stash. 


 Below is the card half open.
 Here you can see the whole card open. The butterfly stamp is from the same Stampendous set and the sentiment by Kaisercraft.
Please check out the tutorial for the instructions on making.  I hope you can join in the challenge this month. 


25 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the delicate colour scheme

Kath said...

I love this card - the stamps and colours are beautiful.
Kath x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Mrs A gorgeous colours together used for this card and a great design x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A what a stunningly beautiful card I love how the card opens out,such beautiful work ,well done my friend xx

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful. I really love the paper you've used.

Chris said...

This is lovely Mrs A! I really love the colours, so perfect together!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tina Z. said...

so beautiful, I love the colours and your design.
crafty hugs xx

Jo said...

So beautiful.....lovely images & a great fold too x

Margo said...

This is so beautiful and elegant ! Love this cardshape !
Greetz
Margo

Margreet said...

This is really beautiful. Great shape and fab colours!
xxx Margreet

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Mrs. A. Love this challenge. Now if I can only find some time. LOL!

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a wonderful card, Valery. I love the soft colors and the design folds. The papers are beautiful and the dandelion is very cool. Love everything about it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card! I thought that the butterfly was part of the DP, wow... Just a perfect addition!

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful card Valery Anne - Michelle x

LesleyG said...

A very pretty card, I love the lemon and grey, and another fabulous tutorial. I love this type of tutorial, rather than ploughing through videos ;) xxx

Anne said...

This is beautiful, love the fold, the colour... everything about it!
Anne x

Suzanne H said...

What sweet patterned paper.

Mac Mable said...

I am a great fan of your amazing folding cards but you have out down yourself with this one.....Absolutely outstanding and stunningly beautiful x.

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous creation VA, love the colours and images.

Kath x

Greta said...

Beautiful summery images--great card, Mrs. A!

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous fold Valery, and what gorgeous papers and stamps, love the colour theme too.
I hope your shoulder is getting better, Kate x

lichazul said...

is a very beautiful card Valerie, congrats
very fine and delicate super feminine
hugs and good vibes :)

EmmaT said...

Beautifully delicate card. Emma

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These cards are brilliant I so love this style and especially how you've decorated them. Happy crafting Angela xXx