Thursday, July 18, 2019

More Impossibles.

Here are another two cards using the Impossible card shape.  The first one uses the shaving foam technique with 'Distress Ink'  re inkers to create the random colour designs on the paper.  It is really easy to do as all you need is a cheap tin of shaving foam, a shallow tray (big enough to take a sheet of paper 11" x 8" and your re inkers in several colours. (If you do not have re  inkers then food dies used in cake decorating work equally as well). Squirt enough shaving foam into your tray to completely cover the bottom. Drop blobs of your chosen colour into the foam and stir in slightly using a wooden stick to make a swirly pattern. Place your blank sheet of cardstock down into the foam making sure it is lying down flat. Lift out and you will find you have a unique pattern and design on your card stock. Wipe off the any excess foam and leave the card to dry (which only takes a few moments). The added bonus is that your paper will have a gorgeous  scented smell. . I had some sheets of paper already coloured from a previous play I did last year.

First card. Uses Version II of the Impossible card which you will find the instructions for under the tab Card Shapes over on the Butterfly Blog. 
 Elements used from the current wheel are:
Imperial Red/Inch Worm/Impossible Card/Inks/Butterfly.
Card base using green cardstock and shaving foam technique with red and green inks on white cardstock. Sentiment is by Kaisercraft from their clear stamp set 'Birthday Wishes'.

Second card is Version III which uses a partial die cut for the centre stand up section. You will find the instructions for making this  under the tab as linked in the card above.
 Elements used from the current wheel are:
Imperial Red/Inch Worm/Iceberg/Impossible Card/Butterfly.


 Butterfly die used is by Precious Marieke 'Butterflies'.  Design papers used  are Simply British from Simply Homemade magazine and the sentiment is from the same set used for the card above.
Impossible card is made using a piece of cardstock 6"x 6". Scored at 3" down the middle and the side tabs are each  1.5" wide.  Gems from my stash.
 Back of card showing the partial die cut butterfly element.

The current butterfly challenge has  another week to run. I hope you will come and spin the wheel.


17 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful cards!
xxx Margreet

Sandra H said...

Both cards Mrs A are adorable love all of the elements and the layouts enjoy your day xx

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A! Going to try out the shaving foam technique next week when I have my granddaughters for the day, they'll love it!
xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A what lovely cards ,I love the butterflies,well done my friend xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love that design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda in IN said...

I can't put a simple box together so I'm always so impressed with these card folds. These are beautiful and I love the shaving cream one. That is a gorgeous butterfly die and looks so pretty layered.

lichazul said...

so pretty cards !!
congrats valerie
have a great day :)

terrie said...

Great cards and I always loved the shaving cream technique...tfs

Amanda said...

The shaving foam background is gorgeous - I got some some shaving foam to do this process but never got round to getting any inks.... but I think I've got some food colouring..... gonna have a play x Amanda x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous both and just love the shaving foam panel, I have to try this technique!
Love also the partial die cut butterfly, so precious!
Hugs, hope you are well

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
these are such gorgeous designs and the papers are so very pretty.
Love the Butterflies too.
I tried following your designs but I am hopeless at intructions.
I need to see one made then I get it right in my head.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Two really super creations, great colours, papers and images.

Kath x

Liz said...

Super Impossible cards, Mrs A. I love the effect of the shaving foam and ink on the first one and I love how you've added the butterfly on the second one. xx

Craftychris said...

Both these cards are gorgeous and the card designs are fab! They look tricky to me but then I scare easily! Love your shaving foam background on the first - a technique I must revisit! Hugs xxxxxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Valery. I love this type of card. We made one at the craft club and I thought then how clever it was and once you've done one you realise it's not as difficult as it looks. And shaving foam....brilliant just so love the effect. Have a great weekend and big hugs, Angela xXx

Mac Mable said...

Unique and wonderful cards, with great designs and folds. The shaving foam technique looked like fun and the card is beautiful x.

aussie aNNie said...

Great cards and lovely butterflies and flowers.xx