Sunday, July 21, 2019

Trees

It rained heavily all day on Friday so I had spent the day in my craft room and managed to make 5 cards. Three of them for the Christmas Card Club which I am showing today. Christine set the theme of Trees. I remembered that my stack of LOTV art pads had a pad 'Set 14 Festive Foliage' with decorated trees in it so I found it in my christmas stash and selected three of the images.
I still had some spotty red design paper (Simply British from Simply Handmade magazine) out on my desk which went perfectly with the first image I had chosen to use.

1st card. 

Base card is made with card stock. The spotty ribbon is from The works.  I used my Prescut Stitched rectangle die set to cut the image down and also cut a larger rectangle in the red spotty paper and a larger one still in plain green that matched perfectly.
 I layered it all up on the card front and added a large pearl to the ribbon bow from my stash.  I used the negative parts from the rectangle die cuts to decorate the inside of the card to match. The sentiment had been cut from a used christmas card  that I had kept.


2nd Card
This card was made from a preformed card base that had come in a set of several designs This was one I had left in my stash. The LOTV image fitted perfectly behind the opening. The green frame was the negative from the card above and added a bit of interest I thought  to the front of this card.  Sentiment was die cut using Britannia dies. 

 I decorated the inside of the card in matching colours and used a corner punch to match the shape of the aperture.


3rd Card
Again I have used one of the preformed card shapes from the same pack as above card. This one though had an oval cut out which was slightly bigger than the LOTV image so I mounted the image onto red cardstock and attached to the front of the card instead.  The sentiment was from a used christmas card and the pearls from my stash. 

 I decorated the inside of the  card to hide the oval shape showing and the sentiment is again from an old used christmas card.

I have not been making many cards of late so my Christmas stack is quite low. 3 more to the pile brings my total to 29 for the year made so far. 


27 comments:

Margreet said...

All 3 cards are beautiful with fab insides!
xxx Margreet

Sandra H said...

Stunning are all of your cards Mrs A love trees of any kind and the insides of your cards have been finished of beautifully enjoy your day xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
3 beautiful makes and those design look very fab.
Love the tree images and the papers used.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Three fabulous cards Valery...I just love the LOTV images and all that lovely stash you have used to make your cards...you have made them very special by doing the insides as well....I am afraid I just stamp a sentiment in mine....lazy me....xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Three great makes ValeryAnn - but make haste slowly, don't over do it with that shoulder. I still have a lot of this art pad laft and almost used it this time. Christine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love making Christmas cards, these are fab. The top one is my fave

Chris said...

These are gorgeous Mrs A, elegant and beautiful in lovely traditional colours.
xx

Jo said...

All 3 beautiful inside & out x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Pink Rose said...

Wow Mrs A all cards are so lovely ,beautiful work my friend,well done xx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful collection of cards

lichazul said...



super cute cards, congrats Valerie
the threes tree are so beautiful and delicate
hugs and good vibes

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous cards Valery and lovely insides too! thanks for sharing Zoe x

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, these are wonderful, Valery. I love that tree stamp on the second card and you did a fantastic job with the pattern paper.

terrie said...

Well done on all three cards...thanks for sharing

Elizabeth said...

Hi Valery, three seems to be the number for today - I made three cards too. Yours are all beautiful. I like the LOTV images and I also like the way you've decorated inside the cards - very professional. xx

Aquarius said...

Three super Christmas cards - I like the first one best

cuilliesocks said...

Three fabulous cards Valery, I love the images and your brilliant trad colours, super designs too, Kate x

brenda said...

Lovely creations and really like the topiary holly tree and the traditional colours of your card.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three lovely Christmas cards, the first one is my fav, such great matching of the dots with the tree berries! Love so much this tree shape!
Great that you made the inside of the cards, they have a perfect professional look!
Hugs

rachel said...

Gorgeous - what great cards Valery! Love all of those trees. Beautiful! Hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards V.A., great images, designs and lovely traditional colours.

Kath x

Carol L said...

You did an amazing job on all 3! I just love the first one with that layered ribbon on the side - what a fun and classy look with that pretty tree!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

All three cards a fantastic Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

29 is still a good total Val, well done for getting ahead even though you've had a tough year with things going on. A fab set of cards for the theme this time.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Mrs A.
Avril xx

Donna said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Mrs. A, you are way ahead of me, you are off to a fantastic start!