Sunday, August 04, 2019

Non - Traditional Christmas Colourways.

Time is speeding by again but I have managed to make another 3 cards for the Christmas Card Club. Sylvie chose the theme of non-Traditional colours.  I had a look through my stash and found these  prints from The Hunkydory Little book of Sparkling Season which had some unusual colour combinations  and teamed them with complimentary card stock. I keep a folder of all the negative and positive diec cuts that I don't use from previous card making projects so I had a sort through and pulled out  a few negative die cuts to use.

Card 1.
The white frame is Spellbinders Art Deco S5-254 and I used the next frame size down to die cut a further one from one of the prints. I backed both frames onto silver pearlescent card stock and then adhered to bright pink cardstock  picking out  the colour from the sleigh . Made the base card from matt grey cardstock, layering everything up and used a silver sticker sentiment on a scrap of the grey card to finish.


Card 2.
The dark damson frames are Sizzix 657905 and I had the idea to simply lay both of them over the second print. The colour matches the wrapped  presents in the sleigh. Backed onto mint green cardstock and the base card is made from mushroom card stock all layered up and finished off with a banner sentiment.

 Card 3.
Uses a Sizzix Frame die cut 657936. The last print fitted behind perfectly. I mounted it onto eau de nil card s and then onto a base card made from cream pearlescent cardstock. The cream sentiment die cut was in the folder and tied in with the colours in the print. The laser diet cut sentiment is by Scrapmatts from their Christmas Ornaments set. 
3 quick and fairly simple cards from me this week. I did finish off the inside of each card with matching coloured card stock ready to attach a christmas greeting to before sending out.  I;m off to see what colours the girls have come up with.  Thanks for the fun theme Sylvie.



25 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A wow these Xmas cards are amazing,I just love them all ,they are so nice I can't even pick a favourite lol,well done my friend xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A stunning are all of your cards and the prints are gorgeous love the layouts too enjoy your day x

dutchess said...

Three gorgeous cards Valery....do love that spellbinder die on the first one what a statement piece....hope you are enjoying the weekend we are in for thunderstorms later this afternoon so I am hooding my washing gets dry before they arrive....xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Valery, you've made three great cards and all non-trad colours. As I said, all great, but my favourite is Card 3 - love the subtle colours and the pretty winter scene. xx

cuilliesocks said...

Three wonderful cards Valery and lovely colours. I love how you've used the negative die cut to frame your topper, so creative. Hope you are having a lovely weekend, Kate x

Brenda in IN said...

These are gorgeous. I like the non traditional colors for Christmas and these really set the bar high. Great prints you used and the frames are so pretty. I love that last print of the village.

Anne said...

You're on a roll with your Christmas cards, these are fab - what lovely images and I really like the colours
Anne x

Zoe Tant said...

Love all of these Valery. Fab colour schemes and you've framed the images really well to show them off. Zoe x

Chris said...

These are all so beautiful Mrs A, love the non-trad colours and your designs are lovely...I'm particularly partial to the 3rd one!
xx

Aquarius said...

Some interesting and lovely colour combinations and such clever use of the images with your various die cuts

Viv said...

Lovely images and lovely cards Mrs A! x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your Christmas cards are stunning. I love them all. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Margreet said...

Great Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. You have used some beautiful die cuts.
xxx Margreet

gwen70 said...

Wonderful cards, some great frames and lovely colours xx

terrie said...

I see more and more non=tradition colors for Christmas cards...
You did a great job doing all three card...I especially like the middle card with frames...tfs

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to keep a folder for positive and negative die cuts. Three fabulous Christmas cards with wonderful designs x. The prints are so striking x.

rachel said...

These are brilliant Valery - I love what you have done! Hugs rachel xx

Kathleen said...

Wow, you are really spoiling us with three really lovely creations, super images and great designs, three really great non-traditional cards.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, perhaps these will be quick and simple, but are also very impressive and beautiful!!! Wow! Love so much your designs!! It's brilliant how you made them with your pre-cut shapes and their negatives! All three have such lovely dimensions!!
Hugs

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three fantastic cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Christine Harrop said...

Three terrific cards ValeryAnn and the colours are great. My visitors have now gone so I can get back to normal now . My cards are made and posted now. Christine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yes it was a fun theme, I really enjoyed it.
Lovely trio of cards Valery,super images and fun colours.
Lorraine

EmmaT said...

Lovely set of cards, great use of the die cuts to frame the images. Emma

Greta said...

Oh wow--these are just fabulous, Mrs. A! Can't really pick a favorite, but I really am drawn to the last one!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful set of cards, love the gorgeous colours here.xx