Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Kinetic or Knot

Week two of the Butterfly challenge and as promised I am back to show you a simple Kinetic Slider card. You will find the full instructions /tutorial over on the Butterfly challenge under the card shapes tab or select here to be taken straight to it.Scroll down for the instructions under Version II .

I have used Kinetic card/Key lime/Kobe/Kobi /Butterflies from the wheel.


The image is by W plus 9 from their Flora and Fauna stamp set. Coloured using my promarkers. and a gold gel pen. Butterfly is a Dinky Die by Xcut.  This is a single layer die but I drew round the die to make the solid background which I coloured with a gold pen and then added platinum stickles to show through the die cut pattern on the top layer. I used my SU punch 'Large Word Window' to create the slider element and a gold sentiment sticker and gold edging from my stash.  The butterfly moves freely between the flower heads using the slider element.

My second card uses Kraft/Knot/Key lime/Kobi/Kobe/Butterfly.

 Design papers are  by 'The Works'. I distressed the edges using my T.H. Distress tool.The butterflies are two different dies by Dovecraft cut from the kraft card and then replaced back into the apertures after a bit of bling was added to them. String was from a clothes tag which was in my stash. As the SU punch was still out on my desk I used it to cut another label and adhered the rub on sentiment by 'Pebbles' onto it.
Do hope I have inspired you to play along.
I am in the wars again as I have been bitten on my left foot (whilst out in the garden enjoying the nice weather) and the inevitable happened my foot swelled as I reacted badly to the bite so now back on steroid cream and pills to counteract it. I wouldn't mind so much but the little suckers get to me even with me having woolly socks on which is not much fun in hot weather.



23 comments:

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Mrs A. I especially love how the butterfly slides between the flowers on your first card. xx

Donna said...

These are both absolutely stunning Mrs. A, I can't possibly pick a favorite.

lichazul said...

gorgeous cards Valerie , congrats
have a great day
hugs

brenda said...

More lovely creations, I really like the depth of colours with the current wheel.

B x

Claire said...

Two very different but pretty butterfly cards, I love the intense colours on the first card with the gold accents x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KandA said...

Two gorgeous card Mrs A. The pesky little devils like eating me as well so I keep a pack of mossie wipes to hand and wipe over my arms and legs before I go outside xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful inspirations! Love the little butterfly with the slider and the gorgeous kraft layer with the popping butterflies on the second card!

Pat said...

Two great cards and I love the look of the first with the Kinetic Slider, and the second with the more grungy look using these very pretty paper too. Gorgeous cards Mrs. A. x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards. The 2nd one is my favourite. Love the kraft strip with popup butterflies and the beautiful DP.
xxx Margreet

Diane said...

Wow what lovely card designs Valery. I have the same problems with bugs stinging me and I tend to be allergic to the bite. Hope your foot gets better soon.

Hugs Diane

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Valery, you never fail to produce something different. Loving the cards but then I adore butterflies. Thanks for stopping by at mine too, thought you might the Steampunk lot and more pics to follow. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two fabulous butterfly cards Mrs A, I have these papers, thanks for reminding me :)
Hope your foot gets better soon too.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Oh no Valery, I do sympathise as I too get eaten with bugs, i hope your foot gets better soon.
Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, I especially love the design and colours of the first one. take care, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

I always so enjoy dipping into your blog as your cards are always so unique, so creative and absolutely beautiful and today is no different x
So sorry to hear about your nasty bite x.

Kathleen said...

Great use of the peel off strips for the border and the way you have left the gap at the corners, lovely colours and images.
Card 2 has lovely papers and die cut images.

Kath x

Donna Ellis said...

OMG! You are the butterfly queen, ValeryAnne! I love these cards, and the one fdrom August 21, too. They are GORGEOUS and the colors are just amazing. Beautifully done! hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards they are both of spectacular design and colour.xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Both cards Mrs A are so pretty lovely touches with the gold peel on with sentiment and love the distressed look on your second card ...have a lovely weekend x

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Valery, butterflies are always a winner aren't they. I do sympathise with you about the bite, the little blighters always go for me too and I always react badly. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs A. Two gorgeous cards, love the slider card, a lovely idea to have the butterfly moving.
Sorry to hear about your reaction to the bite, only had this happen once from multiple bites in the same area - not nice.
Hugs, Avril xx

Mia said...

Both are SUPER, Valery! Kisses, my friend. I am back from vacation.