Sunday, September 01, 2019

Lots of Snowmen.

It is time once again for the girls in the christmas Card club  to show our next cards. It was my turn to choose the theme and I went with Snowman/Snowmen.
Apologies for being late getting this posted up but I do have a sick note!. Got bitten on the foot during the week and reacted badly as I always do. Picture at bottom of post.

Anyways back to my cards. Woefully behind with my christmas card numbers so decided to make as many as I could. Managed seven in total.  Here they all are. The  digi images I have used are pre coloured and are by Sassy Cheryl from the Paper Creator.

Card1.


Uses Decked out for the Holidays and the stamped sentiment is by Inkylicious. I have used my John Next Door small scallop card die to create the base card which is made from a design paper pad  from The Works. Stitched die is by Julie Hickey from the set Layers,frames and banners rectangle dies. I like to further enhance the stitched holes by using a toning thread to go around the edges. Takes time but I like the effect it gives.

Card 2.



Uses Smooth  Move. (I definitely needed the first aid kit ). Gold stickers from my stash. The papers are by LOTV from their Krafty Christmas pad. Stitched rectangle dies are by Crafts-Too. I fussy cut the snowman's head and boots out again and layered on top of the image using 3d pads. You can just see the layers in the second picture.

Card 3.


Uses Twiggy the Snowman and again a paper by LOTV. Sentiment is by Stephanie Weightman from Tattered Lace.  Gold tree stickers from my stash.

Card 4.

Uses Once Upon A Star and the brown spotty paper  by LOTV. Red spotty paper an oddment in my stash. Image has been cut out using Spellbinders Marvelous squares die cut and agin I have used toning thread to stitch around the edges. I like to leave a few threads hanging for interest. (Just in case you thought I had forgotten about them).  Gold sentiment from my stash.

Card 5.


Uses Hanging stars and again I used the same papers as card 1. I have made the card a free standing  design so the signed greeting will go on the back. Again used the Julie Hickey  stitched die and contrasting thread around the edges.  Sentiment came on a freebie sheet of stamps from Practical Publishing 2018.

Card 6.


 Uses one of my favourite images by Cheryl called  Snowmen Selfie. I have used my Xcut nesting rectangle dies to cut into the image and then layer each one with LOTV paper and then re  assembled.
I love the effect this gives. Red spotty paper from my stash along with the golde sticker stars and sentiment.

Last card No 7. 



I really couldn't leave this chappie out. He is called Just Chillin and was how I felt last night when I had finished (totally creamcrakered) so I left them on my desk to take the photos this morning.  Had a bright idea of taking photos outside but didn't realise how windy it was until the white card I had propped up behind them kept blowing down onto the card just as I took the snap so  The Doc obligingly held the card up for me. Cards are not looking at their best but time was of the essence.
Sentiment and icicle stamp by  Stephanie Weightman and the black ribbon was on my desk from a shop bought garment tag. (Waste not ,want not).  Again I  fussy cut his head and boots out again and layered up.

And finally not one to be kept for the family album. It took till yesterday for me to be able to get a shoe on my foot. Apparently I am in the blood group that the mossies particularly like and they will bite you even through thick socks and leggings. The redness and swelling  is not from the bite itself but my own  bodies alergic reaction rushing to repel the invader and has a medical term  Skeeter  Syndrome.   Perhaps I need to wear a space suit whilst outside!!



Off to see what the girls have come up with and don a space suit!!!!

36 comments:

Liz said...

WOW, you HAVE been busy, Mrs A. What a fabulous collection of snowman cards! Hope your foot recovers soon, it looks painful. xx

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous flurry of snowmen ValeryAnne - I don't know if there is a name for a collection of snowmen but flurry sounds good to me. Oh my goodness you are certainly going through the wars aren't you? Just as your shoulder starts to feel a wee bit better this happens! Take care and feel better soon. Hugs Christine xxx

Aquarius said...

Your foot certainly looks angry and painful - hope it subsides soon so you can be dashing about. Brilliant selection of super quirky snowmen on your cards.

dutchess said...

Wow so many different snowmen Valery...they are all great fun and I love the way you have decoupaged up to add dimension....
Hope the foot gets better soon...nothing worse not only swollen but itchy as well....take care xxx

Mrs.B said...

WOW you have been busy Mrs A, what a fabulous collection of Snowmen cards, love the images and papers.
Your foot looks really bad - glad the swelling is on it's way down, hope it won't be long before it's back to normal.
Avril xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Valery that's some amount of swelling, and taking such a long time to go down too. I hope it all clears up soon. Poor You!

Well this wonderful selection of cards will bump up your stash, every snowman is wonderful, fabulous little characters, and cards are all beautifully designed.
Thanks for the challenge Valery, I loved it and I think others did too, well I've never come across anyone who doesn't like snowmen, take care of yourself, Kate x

lichazul said...

precious collection of snowman cards Valerie!!, congrats
i hope this foot return a normal , be careful
hugs and good vibes

rachel said...

amazing collection of cards Valery - I do hope your foot is okay soon - it looks so swollen! Hugs rachel xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Valery, just popped back to say that it's a Hobby Art stamp set called winter wishes and not Hero Art. Rachel has also used it this time around too. Lots of little images in the stamp set, you're right it's delightfully quirky, Kate x x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your cards are gorgeous. I love all those snowmen what a collection. Your foot looks so sore. I do hope it settles down soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Aww Mrs A you have been in the war’s your foot looks so sore and definitely swollen they certainly do like the taste of your blood l agree a space suit for outdoors hopefully it will heal quickly and the discomfort will mellow ....now onto your images and cards they are gorgeous l am going to check them out l just love Snowmen the layouts and the fact they are pre-coloured quickens the job of making them and adds to your list just love them enjoy your evening and rest your foot take care xx

Margreet said...

Love love love this collection of fun snowmen.
What I don't love is the photo of your foot. I understand a bit what you have to go through, as I have had a similar reaction once.
Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.
xxx Margreet

Chriss America Real said...

Your cards are just wonderful! You have been very busy .

Have you tried taking garlic pills ? I live in a town that has a lot of mosquitoes because we are right on the Chesapeake Bay and I used to get bitten a lot ..Then I started taking garlic pills and the mosquitoes stop biting me .

Hugs,

Chriss

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, poor your feet!! It seems very hot and painful! I wish you get well soon!!
Such amazing array of snowmen cards!!! LOVE, love, love them all, how creative designs! Love especially those fun snowmen with the 3D look, your layering with foam pads gives a fabulous effect to the guys!! Also the threaded cards are very interesting! Well done!!
Hugs and take care!

gwen70 said...

What fabulous images you have used for your cards, love them all. So sorry about your foot it looks really painful

Andree said...

A fabulous selection of Christmas cards. Lovely designs and cute snowmen.
I hope your poorly foot recovers soon xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous selection of wonderful Christmas cards and the snowmen are adorable x Wow what a nasty looking foot/leg and how awful for you to react so baldy x

Kathleen said...

A really fabulous set of cards, some really super images and layouts, love everyone of them.
Poor you but I am in a similar position, I am allergic to ant bites, and a few years ago I was bitten by a nasty ant on my hand and it swelled up just like your foot, flew to the Doctors (not the Doc) and he said I had to go straight to either the hospital or to a jewellers and get my wedding ring cut off or I would have to have my finger cut off. I went to the hospital, they cut the ring off and gave me all sorts of creams and medication.
Got the ring repaired and for the whole of that summer you would see me in the garden in a paper boiler type thingy, gloves, something on my head and goodness knows what else but even though I looked so stupid I didn't care. I have since got back to gardening in normal clothes but run a mile if I see any ants, also spent a fortune on ant killler and still so.

Kath x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! You have certainly made up for lost time with these seven fabulous cards Mrs A. A lovely set of images and beautiful designs too.
I hope your foot/ankle soon feels much better, it looks mighty painful in it's swollen state.
Lorraine

Donna Ellis said...

wooooooo! I hope your foot is soon better, ValeryAnne! Amazing how sensitive some people are to mosquitoes and other "biters". It must be terribly painful to walk on. Isn't it incredible how much our skin stretches? Sending healing thoughts your way. In the meantime, these snowmen cards are unlike any I've seen! Your delightful daddy-long-legs snowman is especially intriguing with the birds and ornaments dangling from his arms, The tole work on your "conked out" skating snowmen is spectacular! Or how about the long-armed crazines of your 3rd card - so cute! They are all sweet, ValeryAnne, and I appreciate each one. Thank you for sharing! hugs, de

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous cards and so sweet unlike those insects which I hate. I can not see that they have any use other than to bring misery. Hope the foot is better soon. Hugs, Angela xXx

Claire said...

Ooh what a lovely array of snowman, they all look fabulous and its so nice to see stitching on a handmade card. Ouch, I hope your foot is better soon x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fabulous collection of wonderful snowmen Valery Anne. I do hope that your leg and foot go swelling goes down soon. I know what it's like to have these funny reactions to bits, in the past I have had strange swellings the Doctor told me that I would only know what it was that I was allergic to if I saw what bit me in the first place.

Sue xx

Chris said...

OO-er! that foot looks painful! Hope the swelling has gone down by now, stay away from those mozzies, nasty things! My o/h ended up in A & E a few years ago, drifting in and out of conscientiousness with a huge egg shaped swelling on his forehead which appeared from nowhere. It was an allergic reaction to an insect bite!
These cards are gorgeous, love all those cute snowmen images.
xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A oh i love your snowmen cards they are so quirky and lots of fun,well done my friend. Oh that foot sure looks sore,my youngest DD has a reaction like that too from mossies,hope the swelling goes down soon for you,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

Greta said...

Oh my word--that's from a bite?! Yes indeed--I'd say wear a space suit! These cards are all so much fun with the darling snowmen images! Love the stitching you did & all the details--wonderful!

LesleyG said...

First of all, OUCH! That foot looked VERY painful! I too am a feast for them critters, I use TeaTree soap which helps, lavender soap can too. I also use AfterBite.....really helps if you apply asap.
Anyways back to your fabulous cards! What a Marvellous array of jolly snow people, I love how you use thread, and particularly like number 2 and 7, as that's definitely how I feel! TFS xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ouch that does look sore, hope it is soon better. Fab cards, I love these snowmen, have a few of them

aussie aNNie said...

ouch that foot looks rather sore...get it better missy..
love the Sassy Cheryl images and have so many one forgets when a store closes down. Fabulous cards..xxx

Anne said...

I'm enjoying seeing all these fab snowmen cards on my blog rounds! You've been busy, what a great selection and I love the addition of the stitching.

oooh your foot looks very sore that's a really bad reaction, hope it's better soon
Anne x

terrie said...

Fantastic cards Mrs. A snowman are my favorite image for the winter season...well done on all of the cards so adorable..
Wow, so sorry about your foot and I hope it heals fast and your up and about again....hugs

Sue said...

Mrs A your cards are wonderful, you've certainly been very busy! Saying that I bet you can't do anything else with your foot like that! Maybe the space suit isn't such a bad idea. Take care, Sue xx

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Valery, how painful this looks and what a shame you have this reaction. I hope you get relief soon. These cards are wonderful. You added so much detail and papers to show each one and I love them all. Be well soon.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love all these fabulous snowman cards, Mrs A! I'm a real fan of Sassy Cheryl's snowmen and these precoloured ones look perfect on all of your lovely card designs.
Your foot looks TERRIBLE. I've seen your foot IRL and so I happen to know it is usually very slender like the leg to which it is attached. Do take care!
Hugs
Lesley

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh my word, your foot! That must be horrible! I thought my Mom had it bad but her allergic reaction is nothing compared to this. On a happy note, I really enjoyed looking at all of your cute snowman cards! They totally made me smile - I love how you have decoupaged some of them, must remember to try this myself. Awesome job getting your Christmas cards made! Hope your foot heals quickly!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous set of cards, the images are fabulous. Oh your poor foot, hope you heal soon. We get alot of horse flies here and they always seem to find me tasty:-) Emmax