Wednesday, February 20, 2019

More Apertures.

Time to show you two more Aperture cards for the current Butterfly Challenge #117.

My first card shows Almond/Apple Green/ Amber/Anything/ Aperture/ Butterfly.
My anything goes choice is to use ribbon for the bow embellishment.
You will now find an extra tab on the Butterfly Blog  under the Banner heading which says Card Shapes. On this tab you will see I have added details/hints/tips on how to make 3 very simple aperture cards using an existing blank card.
Here you will see that I have cut the aperture using my Sizzix scalloped circles. I then used a Spellbinders Butterflies Circles diet set to cut the large circle of butterflies in the green card stock. I cut a matching scalloped circle in the centre and positioned this over the aperture already cut in the blank card base. I recut the butterfly die using cream and amber cardstock in order to get the coloured inlays. I cut a further scalloped circle and adhered a butterfly sticker to it and then used DS tape to attach to the inside of the card so that it would show through the aperture when the card was closed. I added a simple ribbon bow to the front of the  Card. The sentiment is by  Julie Hickey Designs.

Entering into the following challenges:
Through The Craftroom Door # Anything goes.
Creatalicious Challenges #157 Anything goes.
Creative Fingers #157 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #80 Anything goes.
A Bit More Time To Craft #86 Anything goes.


 Second card shows Almond.Apple green/ Aperture/Butterfly.
This is the card I have shown under the Card Shapes tab Version II of the Aperture cards instructions.  I used  Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles Large to cut the aperture. The sentiment is a die cut by Xcut 'Best wishes'. The ribbon roses, bow and butterfly stickers were from my stash and addedon below to finish the card.

Entering into the following challenges:
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #100 Anything goes.
Ally's Angels #19 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafts Galore #60 Anything goes.
Love To Craft #31 Anything goes.
The Creative Crafters #13 Anyhing goes.

The challenge is running for another week and closes next Tuesday 26th February. Hope to see you.


23 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both they are so pretty. I hope your shoulder is settling down. I did too much yesterday and mine is hurting again today. Silly me. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dutchess said...

Two beautiful cards Valery....especially like the round one...loving the colours hugs xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Valery Anne, I really must get my b.... in gear and rummage through the scraps as I know I have pieces in the colours required for this time.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
more super inspiration with these gorgeous card.
Beautiful apertures and such gorgeous paper used on the second one.
Love that butterfly die cut it's so pretty and makes a super Get Well card.
I am inspired to make another card before the end of the challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jeenny L.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Awww... Love the sweetness and the shapes of both them, and especially the first one catches my eyes, such beautiful circle of inlaid butterflies!!!!
Hugs

Brenda in IN said...

I love both of those butterflies and am amazed they are stickers. They are gorgeous. Love the apertures in both cards. Both cards are fantastic.

Mac Mable said...

Love the layering and die cutting on your first really pretty card...Such a beautiful and feminine second card. The apertures on both of your cards are so creative and draws your eyes right in x. Beautiful cards, both of them x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed cards Valery, I love the colours and the butterflies are gorgeous, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Two lovely cards, gorgeous shades of green and two lovely large butterflies, great colours.

Kath x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Valery love both these cards,love the butterfly,well done my friend xx

Barbara Bruder said...

Two gorgeous cards. Your designs are so nice and super colors. Love those butterflies you have used. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Mia said...

Both beautiful cards, Valery. Great apertures and very inspiring design. Hugs, my friend.

Sylvia said...

2 Beautiful cards.Love the butterflies and the little flowers.

Gr,Sylvia.

Andree said...

A pretty aperture card. The lovely, delicate background shows off the beautiful butterfly perfectly.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Unknown said...

These are so pretty and effective! Love the gorgeous butterfly on the first one!
Lucy x

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations Mrs A, love the colors and those butterfies! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh no, I've missed so much this month and I'll never make it in time for this challenge (too many medical appointments). We've had a very rough month and it's not over yet! I love your gorgeous cards and the brilliant apertures!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love your cards! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Catrin Goodwin said...

two absolutely sweet cards, thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge

Sandy said...

Two lovely cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crating With Friends challenges.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for taking part in the February "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional girly” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)