Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Bi fold Butterflies.

We are onto the second letter of the Alphabet  already with the Butterfly challenge. The new challenge starting  today is


Here are my inspiration cards for you.

On my first card I have used Bi fold/Burgundy/ Butterfly from the wheel.
I have now added a Card Shape page to the Butterfly Blog and you can see instructions/ hints/tips on how to make a Bi fold card using 3 different methods.
I have used a double sided  design paper from  a 12" square pad called  'English Moments' from The Works cut down to be 6" x 12" thus making a finished card size of 4" x 6". Butterflies have been repurposed from a previous project. The sentiment is a stamp by Julie Hickey from the ' Essential Sentiments set' which I have stamped  onto a Spellbinders (labels 4) die cut.


For My second card I have used Bluebell/Bow/ Butterfly from the wheel.
The base card is made from a digidesign paper by Pink Petticoat  Called Dandelion Clocks Blue Quartz. I cut to size and simply added the butterflies which were coloured using my Promaker Bluebell pen. The Cream bow was from my stash.  Stamp  is by Julie Hickey from the 'I Need Everyday Sentiments' set.


For last card I have used Bi fold /Banana/ Bow/ Butterfly from the wheel.
This time I have changed the sizing down to  5.5" x 10.5" to make a finished card size of  3.5" x 5.5".
Design paper is another  digipaper from The Pink Petticoat called ' Bold Daisies' from  the Isobelline papers.  The belly band uses a faux button opening detail from buttons and a piece of thin string found on my desk. Butterflies were punched using SU Butterfly punches. Sentiment is another by Julie Hickey from the same stamp set.
 Here is the card semi opened. Again  you will find the instructions on the Card Shape page on the Butterfly blog.

Hope to see you playing along. Challenge is for the usual two weeks.

22 comments:

Aquarius said...

Pretty cards and some clever folding here.

Mia said...

Lovely cards, Valery. Great design and papers. I especially love the buttons closure. What a great idea. Kisses, my friend.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A love the banana coloured one hugs Sue x

terrie said...

You did an awesome on your beautiful cards....tfs

cuilliesocks said...

What wonderful cards Valery, lovely fold and gorgeous designs and colours, Kate x

Diane said...

Wonderful folds and card designs Valery.

Hugs Diane

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning. I love the way the card is folded. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KandA said...

Three wonderful cards Mrs A. Great folds on the first and last but my favourite has to be the second with the lovely soft colours xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A wow all your cards are amazing,love the butterfly theme and you have made some beautiful shaped cards,well done my friend xx

Anne said...

Lovely inspiration today, I like the fancy folds for a change
Anne x

Kathleen said...

Some really lovely cards Valerie, especially love the first one, such gorgeous colours and a great shape.

Kath x

Viv said...

Wow you've been busy! Great cards - but especially like the lemon one!

Karenladd said...

I've made bi-fold cards before but these fancy folds are above and beyond what I've done. Can't wait to give it a try!

Donna said...

Wow! Amazing cards Valery. Love your bi-fold cards. You've picked some fun elements for this challenge!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful desings and love the last card.x

brenda said...

The the folds of the first and last, the pinks and fresh yellows as well and the soft blues of the middle one. Have left you a message on your challenge blog, feeble excuses really but really will try and get my act together an join in soon.

B x

Sandra H said...

Aw Mrs A l see three gorgeous and creative cards here, love the layouts and the buttons are so effective so nice to see Bi-fold cards too just shows how creative you can be hope your enjoying your day x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These are gorgeous cards and so love the folds. The button closures are a great idea too. Have a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela xxx

Mrs.B said...

Pretty csrds Mrs A. Love the bi folds and the faux button closure is a great idea.
Avril xx

pinky said...

Your cards are so beautiful Valery. I am loving those folds and the beautiful colours you have used.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful and clever folding with cards one and three, so unique and so striking. What a beautiful and gentle second card and all three cards are amazing x