Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Brolly and Kite.

Here are two more cards as inspiration for the second week of the current Butterfly challenge:
#116 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter K.

1st Card uses all 3 colours  ( Kobe, Kobi, Kelly Green) plus Knot and Butterflies.
The digi image is by Pink Gem called Milly in the Rain.  Coloured using my promarkers and a gold gel pen.  The knot element is in the tied ribbon and the butterflies on the brolly are in the image.
The design paper is a freebie from Making Cards  Jul 2015 called Busy Butterflies. The with  Love sentiment was already made up and on my desk but had not been used on another project and  matched the butterflies in the design paper perfectly so I used here instead.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge # W is for wings.
Colour Crazy #54 Anything goes.
Crafting With Friends #79 Anything goes.



2nd Card uses all 7 elements of the challenge.
(Kobe,Kobi,, Kelly Green), Knot, Kraft Card, Kite and Butterfly.

I have been watching quite a few You Tube videos whilst laid up with my shoulder and I found this one called W Fancy Fold Card by Jan Brown. Trying not to do too much colouring so this was ideal for making as all the cutting is done on my guillotine  which is of course designed for a right handed person. (I have never seen a left handed one so have always used my right hand. In fact quite a lot of crafting items assume that you are right handed ). I changed how I made the card  slightly from in the video.
 The terrible lighting is making the pink backing card look almost orange but it isn't.  IRL it  is a pretty pink shade.  The butterflies were fussy cut from a sheet of vellum patterend paper. I made the tail for the kite from embroidery threads plaited together and then knotted at the end with extra pink thread.
 The inside of the card showing the W shape mechanisim which folds completely flat as you shut the card up.  The design paper came from my stash but I didn't have the name on the back of it. The gold stickers were from my sticker stash along with the ribbon.
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Through The Craftroom Door #Anything goes.
Pile It On #151 Pretty in pink.
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #99 anything goes.





Challenge runs for another week so hope to see you soon.

18 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Viv said...

Great cards Mrs A! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Margreet said...

Both cards are gorgeous!
Take care of your shoulder!
xxx Margreet

Sandra H said...

Aw Mrs A stunning creations as always your so talented x

Donna said...

I sure hope your shoulder gets better very soon! But shoulder or no shoulder pain these cards are gorgeous. I keep telling myself I need to play along and it's on my list but crafting keeps getting pushed to the bottom of it. I love butterflies too. Have a super day!

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Valery, the butterfly card is gorgeous. Hopefully your shoulder eases soon, Kate x x

KandA said...

Two fabulous cards Mrs A, and I love the way you used those papers for the background on the second one xx

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so impressed you can make these beautiful cards with shoulder pain! I love Millie's shiny boots and fun butterfly umbrella. The cord for the kite tail is so pretty. Hope you are resting your shoulder so you will be 100% soon.

Donna said...

Beautiful cards, the first one is so cute with the butterflies on the background paper and the umbrella and great fold and tail on the butterfly on the second one!

coldwaters2 said...

Two gorgeous cards Mrs A I love that cute image the colours are so lovely the second card is fantastic love the inside fabulous work especially with a painful shoulder hope it improves soon
hugs
lorraine x

Mia said...

Both fabulous cards, Valery. I love how you created the tail for the kite! Very inspiring. Kisses, my friend.

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards.
Valerija xx

Jane Savage said...

Very pretty cards!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane (DT) xxx

meg said...

Two beautiful cards, the butterfly one is gorgeous,Thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Basslady said...

your cards are so awesome!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!
hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

Tammy L said...

Really great projects! Love of interest and so glad you joined us on the Pile It On challenge this week.
Tammy DT

Claudia Martins said...

Sweet project and beautifully done! Thank you for participating this week in our TTCRD Challenge. We hope to see you next time !!Hugs !!
Claudia Martins - DT