Sunday, July 15, 2018

Wired Up

This past week has been busy non stop every day from having the new second door being fitted, mammogram at hospital, boiler service, car service, hair appointment. (I did manage to meet up with a lovely blogging friend who is over from Canada at present.)  Next week so far I just have a dentist appointment to go to. Think I might have chipped a tooth though. Hopefully I can catch up on all your blogs.

Here are the last two inspiration cards to show you for the current Butterfly Challenge which closes
on Tuesday.

First card using Butterfly/Wheat/Wire.


Fairly simple card using up some snippets on my desk. I have used very fine gold wire for the antenna on the butterfly and the colour wheat is the squares that I have used behind the letters. These were out cuts from a die I had used previously, though for the life of me can't remember which one it was! Letters and edging  are gold stickers from my stash. 

Second card uses all seven elements of the challenge wheel.

Butterfly/Wisteria/Wine/ Wheat /Window/Washi tape/Wire


 Again I was using up a left over on my desk which was the die cut frame. I edged it with washi tape and then made a card base up using more of the wheat coloured cardstock.  The butterfly (using all 3 colours) was suspended with thin silver wires  which were attached across the opening in a web shape and captured between the two circles holding the butterfly in place.  Shows up perfectly IRL but couldn't catch very well on camera.  The die cut frame from the card base was edged with more of the washi tape and adhered inside the card so that when closed it fitted back  into the aperture. The sentiment is from a stamp set by Imagination Crafts.

Entering into the following challenge:
Pixies Crafty Workshop #330 Use up your snippets.

10 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two beautiful inspirations, both so clean and elegant.
Seems that your life is going very busy, and I'm so sorry for your tooth!
Hugs

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fabulous cards Valery Anne, especially the bottom card.

Sue xx

brenda said...

Two pretty card Valery and especially like the one on acetate and well done on getting a good photo of it, always difficult.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, you have a lot going on, Mrs. A! I hope things calm down a bit for you. Your cards are lovely - thank you for the inspiration! I'm hoping I can make another butterfly card for your challenge before I run out of time. I like what you've done here! Awesome job with all 7 elements!

Kathleen said...

Two great cards especially like the nice colourful butterfly on the second card. See, you got a gold star, I can spot a winner when I see one, lol.
Glad you have a quiet week next week.

Kath x

Mac Mable said...

Elegant and classy first card and love the pop of gold. Wow to your second fabulous card. The butterfly suspended on the wires looks amazing and great use of the wahsi tape x Hope next week slows down a little for you and hope the dentist trip won't be too bad? x

Carol L said...

What a pretty pair of butterfly cards! I love how you used the wire and the opened door card is so clever! Good luck getting that tooth fixed! ouch!

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,lovely design.xxx

Di said...

Wonderful cards and I do so love how you fixed the butterfly on your snippets one!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane said...

Wow Valery your week sounded busy, sorry to hear about the tooth. Two super fun designs and ideas.

Hugs Diane