Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Over The Edge

Over the edge is exactly where I will be if anything else goes wrong! Dentist confirmed I have chipped a front tooth so need to have a composite filling to match rest of tooth plus a nice bill to go with it. Oh well, I like bread and water!!
The new butterfly challenge starts today and runs for the next 2 weeks.
#104 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter O



Here are my  inspiration cards for you.

1st Card using Butterfly/Old Rose/Over the Edge



I have used watercolour cardstock to make the base and to stamp the image onto. The stamp is an unknown make so I have either been given the stamp or it is a freebie from a magazine. The Old Rose is the pink backing cardstock,the butterfly sticker and the flower above the sentiment. I have coloured with my Marvy Le Plume II water colour pens by scribbling the colours onto an acrylic block and picking up with a water filled brush pen. Edged when dry with  a silver gel pen. The 'Over The Edge' element is the card design with the base front page cut short and the stamped image mounted to hang over the edge. Sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash along with the pink butterfly. Inside of card  has been decorated to match.
 Card closed and below card inside.

Entering into the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff #321 Birthday
Through The Craftroom Door # Anything goes.
Addicted To Stamps #301 Anything goes.
Penny's Paper Crafty #389 Anything goes.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #86 Anything goes.
Fussy And Fancy #208 Green and pink

2nd Card using Butterfly/Orange/Oval

I have coloured the digi image  (a freebie from Beccy's Place  called 'Poppies' which you can download from her website) with my Graph'it Marker pens and a gold gel pen. I used orange cardstock to make the base card. I also used a Nellies Multi Frame MFD013 oval set and placed  the largest  over the image (once coloured) and used as a template to apply pearlescent chalk in orange behind the poppies thus creating the Oval Element of the card.
 Close up of the poppies with the oval. Sentiment and butterfly are gold stickers from my stash. Just realised I have used Olive for the stems and leaves which are also hanging over the edge of the oval!!
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations #204 Anything goes.
Crafting By Designs # Anything goes.
Crafty Creations #370 Anything goes.
Little Miss Muffet #193 Anything goes.
Less Is More #375 Olive and Tangerine

23 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful water colouring on the roses and love that chalk pearlescent oval around the beautiful poppies! The cute gold butterfly is a perfect catch-eye on the focal point!

brenda said...

Two real beauties Valery and nedless to say I adore the second with the glorious Poppies and the oranges are just the colour of some along the verge outside the barn.

B x

Viv said...

Two great cards Mrs A! Poppies are beautiful - one of my fave flowers! x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful inspirational cards Valery Anne. Hope to take part this time.

Sue xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards Valery Anne - oh no poor u - I hope you can get that tooth sorted quick and don't have to be on bread and water for too long!!! Michelle x

Brenda in IN said...

The cards are really pretty. I love the poppies. I am so sorry about your tooth. I can understand your frustration. Just waiting for the next shoe to drop is exhausting. I hope everything is behind you now and things are improving.

Mac Mable said...

I am always inspired when I visit your blog. What a beautiful first card and such a wonderful second card....love the glorious colours. Sorry about your tooth and yes visiting dentists is so expensive these days...It will be all worth it??? x

Kathleen said...

O not another disaster and O not another Butterfly challenge. xxx
Do you know old Rose as well , she lives just down the road from me, wonder if she will let me take a photo of her so I can enter this challenge?
Two really lovely cards, especially love the poppy one.

Kath x

Liz said...

Gorgeous selection of cards for inspiration, Mrs A. Sorry to hear about your tooth. Hope it gets sorted out soon. xx

Jane said...

Poor you Mrs A..what with doors and teeth! I hope things get better. Such pretty cards,all so different. Take care, hugs xxx

Sandra H said...

Two really beautiful cards Mrs A love the colours on both and all the detail on the first card simply gorgeous they both are....well l suppose it's bread and water.....lol hope it goes well at the dentist have a lovely weekend x

Trina P. said...

Both wonderful floral cards. The oval background highlights the poppies beautifully. The gold accents are a nice touch. Would never have guessed the butterfly and sentiment are stickers... beautiful stickers. Sorry to read about your tooth, but at least there is a fix. Good luck with that. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Two timeless beauties here! Love the first feminine card with the pretty pinks and gorgeous design. Your olive and tangerine poppy is a dream. What a great use of stickers too. (Hope your tooth is not too painful). Thanks for sharing your card with us at Less is More xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 beautiful cards and very super designs and colouring.
Really love the 2nd one it's so gorgeous and the colours are very pretty, also I love poppies they are such a gorgeous flower.
Sorry I haven't got around to entering your challenges lately my health issues make me so tired all the time, and the day seems to run away from me.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

JoyfulStamper said...

Nice job watercoloring! Thank you for submitting your project with us and good luck!

Hugs,Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Artisctic Inspiration
DT Maria

Tone K. said...

So pretty card! Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy an Fancy! 😘

Tammy L said...

Beautiful cards and such a fun way to pick the items for your project! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Greta said...

They're both lovely, but being a lover of pink the first one is my favorite!

aussie aNNie said...

Gosh these are gorgeous. How could I have forgotten to visit you often,,,slap on the hands....hugs.xx

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Lovely cards

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Beth Brovold said...

Two beautiful cards...thank you so much for sharing the first one with us in our "Green and Pink" challenge at Fussy and Fancy...so elegant and lovely!
Take care,
Beth