Friday, June 08, 2018

Musical Butterflies

Oops. Should have posted this on Wednesday but a lot has been going on with The Docs Aunt and something had to give. There is a lot of organisation needed to be done even before she can come out of hospital.

Time for a new challenge over on the Butterfly Blog.
#101 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter M.

Here are my first two inspiration cards to wet your appetite.

Card One   using Butterflies/Moss Green and Musical. I decided to make an easel card. The stamp set is by Imagination Crafts from their Decoupage Stamp Range. I have coloured using my Graph 'it and Promarkers. Decorated with Tonic Nuvo Vanilla Delight Pure sheen sequins. I made the base card from white card stock and layered the image up with Moss Green and Peach card stock along with the row of butterflies which are the retaining wall for the card to stand up.
I have chosen to use a stamp with  musical notes on it but of course you could use sheet music for instance. musical die cuts  or even musical instruments!!



Card Two using  Butterflies/Medium Blue/Metallic. This stamp set was a freebie with Paper Crafts Essentials and came with a matching embossing folder. The stamps are basically a build your own flower and have several flowers/leaves in different sizes and 5 different sentiments.  Here I have just used the largest daisy like flower and two different size leaves.  I have kept the design fairly simple as I wanted the flowers to take centre stage.  I used my graph'it pen on the flowers and promarker for the leaves. I edged everything including the sentiment with a silver gel pen which looks nice IRL. The base card is made using silver pearlescent  cardstock.  Metallic butterflies were from my stash. The corner chomper is by Woodware.
I chose to depict the metallic element using  the silver gel pen, silver pearlescent cardstock  and the metallic butterflies.  Other metallic elements that spring to mind are  metallic thread,  silver metal charms, metal corners.

So hope I have given you food for thought and that you will find the time to come and play along. The challenge runs for two weeks and closes 19th June. I will  show you some more inspiration next week  using Marble effect and all 7 elements on the one card.

16 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Please leave your comments below. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both. I hope goes well with the organisation for your husband's Aunt. These things are never easy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Aquarius said...

Two great cards for inspiration

Ella said...

I love butterflies !
Have a very nice weekend!
Hugs!

Mac Mable said...

Great how you incorporated the moss green and the music element on your first beautiful card. Such an elegant and contemporary second card. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hope that your husband's Aunt is going well, now!
Two lovely inspirations, the first one is so impressive with those stunnning butterflies and the second one looks very delicate and clean!

Pat said...

Two really pretty cards Mrs A and I love the pretty greens on the first, and then those beautiful silver butterflies look beautiful with those blue flowers, I think this colour combination is my favourite. How exciting your daughter was on C & C last Saturday, will try and watch it if available still to view. You must be very proud of her. x

Carol L said...

What a pretty pair of cards - and I like the use of the musical theme too! Great colors on both cards, and thanks for another fun challenge. I hope to find time to play along :)

Greta said...

Really unique & pretty, Mrs. A--love the moss green with peach! Love the metal butterflies with the flowers for the second card!

Sylvia said...

2 Really pretty cards.Love the butterflies and the beautiful flowers on the second card.Have a nice weekend.

Gr,Sylvia.

Brenda in IN said...

I love the colors on your easel card, they are so bright and cheerful. My favorite are the metallic butterflies. They are just gorgeous. I laughed so hard at your comment about my ice cream cone card. I hope you enjoyed your lick!

terrie said...

Both cards turned out fantastic...great use of the color combo.
looking forward in seeing more of your creations. tfs

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Valery, two lovely cards on your butterfly theme, both have such lovely colours and designs.
Hope Auntie is improving, Kate x

MaryH said...

As always you create 2 totally unique looks on the theme. The easel card is such a clever design, and I love the Moss & peach combo. The design of the main motif is clever, with that fab butterfly imposed over the music. Love the sparkle of the butterflies on #2 with that lovely blue color in the flowers. What an even hand you have to outline the flowers & script...I'd have had that outlining so wobbly! Great inspiration. Good luck with the Aunt. TFS & Hugs

Donna said...

Two fantastic butterfly cards, like those little butterflies on the second card!

Sandra H said...

Fabulous cards as always Mrs A l love them both but l do like the colours in the first card lots and the butterflies are gorgeous too! hope all is okay and your organising is going well not sure what's happened with not being blogging sending lots of love and plenty of hugs take care xx