Monday, March 19, 2018

Tilly and Jenny

I'm a sit in the shade person when I go on holiday so I always like to take some type of small crafting item with me to do whilst sitting down.  Generally I take some water colour paints and images to colour but several years ago I had just purchased a book on Zentangles and I took that with me instead along with some blank cards and black pens. Whilst having my craft clear up I came across the forgotten book and the packet of zentangle card images that I had done years earlier were still with it. I  remember that I had gotten bored  quite quickly just doing samples of the zentangle patterns and had decided to make some of the designs into Fashion Ladies instead (inspired by a range of rubber stamps by Emerson Quillin though these are my own drawings and ideas) and had made a batch of ten in all. I'd doodled some quirky girls faces and then added the shoulders and necklines.  Looking at them again today I thought they were cool enough to make up into cards so here are the first two.
Please meet Tilly and Jenny.


I simply die cut an oddment of black cardstock using my first Edition Pinking Edge Die and adhered the images to it with 3D tape and then added to a white card blank.  I didn't want to risk stamping with a sentiment in case I messed up so I found some silver sticker sentiments in my stash and used them instead.


Entering into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge # Z is for Zentangle.
A Bit More time To Craft #64 Anything goes.
The Creative Crafters #2 Anything goes.
Pixies Crafty Workshop #322. Use up your snippets.  (stickers and black card.)

20 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Valery, I like to take something crafty with me while I'm away too.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

These are awesome, funny how we just can't stay away from crafting, think we all need to take something to do...x 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Anne said...

They're so sweet, love the idea of incorporating zentangle into an image and your girls would make great stamps!
Anne x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning those images are such fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Basslady said...

those cards look so fantastic!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi

Juliz Design Post said...

I have never tried Zentangle although it does look therapeutic especially sitting in the sun. I love how you have incorporated it into your stylish ladies and made to cards.
Julie x

Sylvia said...

2 Pretty cards,Valery.Love the cute images.

Gr,Sylvia

Mac Mable said...

Tilly and Jenny are quirky, unique and fabulous x

Jane said...

You clever thing...what super little drawings which have made super cards. I too always have to take something away with me and as well as colouring it's often some fussy cutting. Have a lovely week ahead xx

Viv said...

Just made me smile Mrs A!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Great drawing and love those tangled dresses!

Kathleen said...

Brilliant, great facial expressions and love the Dallas shoulders.

Kath x

Sue said...

These are fantastic Mrs A! huggles Sue xx

Createology said...

Tilly and Jenny are Fun and Fabulous. I just cannot get along with Zentangle...I was never allowed to “doodle” when I was growing up so I guess I have no patience with pen and ink flowing forth. I really like your versions! <3

Greta said...

I can't even imagine doing these! So great you found these wonderful drawings & made them into cards, Mrs A!

Diane said...

Super cute use of zentangle and designs Valery.

Hugs Diane

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you didn't throw these away, Anne! And I'm so glad you found them again and made them into these awesome cards! They look fabulous and I love the pop of red! You only have a few days left to play in Twofer with your two flower cards! I can't wait to see what you make! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

What fabulous cards my friend! LOVE the touch of red and your drawing is really super as well!

Parsnip turned round and came back home once he'd eaten his cheese sandwiches and finished off the Thermos of soup. He certainly is a quitter! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mia said...

Fabulous cards, Valery! I love ZEN! Kisses, my friend.

Sandra H said...

Oooh how brilliant are they love the touch of red too! xx