A new theme has started over on the Butterfly challenge
n.b. Winners post is now up on the butterfly blog.
Here is my inspiration for you.
First card is using Lemon/Letters with my Butterfly.
n.b. For the lettering you may interperate this as being just the letters, a sentiment or as in mine an extract from a letter.
This card so nearly turned out to be a total disaster and barely looks like how it started out. The only remaining embellishments on it are the gem on the butterfly, the large lemon framework and the 3 square gems! I kid you not.
I had an entirely different piece of backing paper the only piece of it I might add(clue there) as the base. I had a different letter in plain white and black script for the lettering which I had cut to fit the lemon framework. Attached behind it (as I wasn't intending for it to be removed.) and then adhered to the card base. Then I used the trio butterfly die to cut 3 lemon butterflies that were flying across the page, each with a heart pearl gem with the 3 square gems down the top edge side of the card. Just didn't sit right with me .The black writing on the white paper looked to stark even with the butterflies covering some of it. I had the bright idea of placing the yellow insert back into the framework but I could still see the writing underneath so another not so bright idea, tear the letter out completely which in doing so ripped part of the backing paper outside of the frame. Oops was not the word I used by the way!! No alternative but to start all over again and this is the card as you now see it.
Butterfly is now sandwiched together and in a paper by Pink Petticoat from their Isobelline papers called Bold Daisies. The only alternative piece of paper with writing on it was the size you see it. No amount of stretching it on the rack was going to make it any bigger so I found an already pre cut die frame (Sizzix Deckled Rectangle) to put within the lemon frame (Crafts-Too Rectangle Stich hole PCD98) and attached the paper behind it which is a freebie one from Making Cards July 2015 called 'Busy Butterflies' of which I only had 3 pieces left all the same size. The butterfly is now sandwiched together using paper (by Pink Petticoat from their Isobelline papers called bold daisies) which matches the smaller insert frame that had been cut in a smaller pattern version of the same design. The die is Cascadia butterfly trio by memory box. now I like it!!!
Second card you will be pleased to hear went like clockwork and I love the result.
I have gone with using Lavender/Layers with my butterflies. The image is by A Day for Daisies 'Pearls in my Hair' and coloured using my Graph'it markers and a silver gel pen. Each layer has been first glued to old cereal box cardboard and then distressed round the edges with my TH. distress gadget. The papers are freebies from Making Cards Magazines Mar and May 2015. The flowers are more foam ones using Leane Creatief flower foam and a die cut by Presscut PCD09 flower#1. Stamens from my stash along with the silver sticker sentiment. Small butterflies cut using a tonic mini punch.
Entering this card only into the following challenges:
Through The Craftroom Door # Anything goes.
Creative Moments #138 Anything goes.
Little Miss Muffet #184 Anything goes.
Southern Girls # Pop it up.
Colour Crazy Challenge #10 Anything goes.
Crafty Catz #407Layer it up.
Jo's Scrap Shack # #224 Anything goes.
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #77 Anything goes.
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge # Anything goes.
I hope you will come along and spin the wheel on the Butterfly challenge.