Here is another one of my dresses. Now much too big for me to wear anymore. I thought it would make into two dresses for the dress a child appeal. It didn't take as long to unpick this one as it was single layer.
The first dress made up easily and I used a couple of crochet flowers that are from Ann which she sent me in the whimsy jar swap we did togther. The green was a perfect match. No pockets as the print is quite fussy and the skirt full but I did make a head band as every little girl loves to have one to go with her dress.
I spent two evenings just piecing the remaining bits of the dress together along with the help of MIL's petticoat lace as I was determined to get another dress. I actually like this one the most. The top of the dress in the end came from the sleeves which had been quite full and the bodice front. Just enough material left to make the flower for the head band and casing for the elastic.
Here they are side by side a slightly better camera light. Dresses 4 & 5. These have now gone off to Louise at Sew Scrumptious and I'm onto the next make over. It will probably only make one dress but you never know! You may have twigged by now that I'm into flounces and gathers and colour.
Not much mostly 2" scraps but I'm keeping them just in case!
Still can't show what else is on my desk as it is for a swap and partners have not been allocated yet and I also did a massive clear up yesterday so there is nothing on the floor either!!!
Pop on over to Julia's to see what everyone else is up to this week and the post below for some fun with the Monkeys.