Sunday, July 23, 2023

Tea Bag Anyone!

That was the week that was again.  I did manage to get out in the garden on Friday but Saturday it rained all day so had a play in my Craft Room instead. Thought I would do a spot of teabagging  which is a follow on really  from the origami I have been doing. 



This first one was inspired from watching Paul Ford on You Tube. I had not seen this kite fold before.  The pattern paper is from a  6 x 6 pad from The Works. Brad for the centre and the sentiment from my stash. 
Entering this card into the following challenges:
Shopping Our Stash #501 No Stamping allowed.
Allys Angels #72 Anything goes.
Crafty Calendar # Anything goes.
Love To Craft #75 Anything goes.

Next card was inspired by watching Jill Lancett on You Tube.  Again I had not seen it done with circles before.  The design paper was a freebie from making Cards magazine Aug 2014. (I'm gradually working my way up to the current stuff !). It isn't double sided so I just coloured with a promarker where I didn't want any white showing. I used a small circle die by Julie Hickey for the folding.  The stalk and leaf is a part of a die set from Sizzix that I chopped about to get the positioning of the flowers right.  Sentiment is in a stamp set from Uniko.  Sequins from my stash.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Lets Craft & Create Challenge #197 Anything goes /add flowers.
The Crafty Addicts #3 Anything goes.

Fun and games at the hospital last Monday. Both The Doc and I had blood tests booked for one after the after. Machine for booking in worked fine with hubby but didn't like me at all so consequently the nurse wasn't expecting me. Hubby let her know I was waiting outside and the response was that the machine is always breaking down and not working properly.  Hubby is still waiting for his results. Mine came through on a text on Wednesday and not at all what I was expecting to get. Told to go on a link and read all about what I have now got and then to go on another link and tell the Dr my thoughts!!  Not,  " I have made an appointment for you  to come into the surgery". I don't have a smart phone and the link when I tried it on my computer crashed it. Took me nearly 2hrs to get pc back up and running. So now I have to do battle with the receptionist (at the surgery) to try and get an actual face to face appointment to discuss the Meds they want to put me on which are not compatible (found that out reading up on pc.) with ones I am already taking!   Moral of the story don't get sick and go  buy a Smart phone!!





23 comments:

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards Mrs A, I especially love the second one. I haven’t done tea bag folding for a long time, thanks for the inspiration to do it again.

What a nightmare following your blood tests! Gone are the days when you always saw a GP face to face for results and do they actually do home visits anymore? xx

Aquarius said...

Teabag folding, well that's certainly a blast from the past and something I've not even thought about for ages. Two super cards making me think I should maybe dig out some papers and play. Your experience at the hospital and with the appointments system seems to be so typical of the way things are going and I'm not sure that even the smartest of smart phones will ensure you getting an actual -face to face' with a doctor. Everything seems to be getting more and more remote and complicated if you have any health issues. Good luck 😉😉

Lia said...

Hey, you discovered the teabags again! There was a time that I used them often but I forgot all about them...These cards are gorgeous!!
Lia xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Mrs A both your cards are stunning they are both creative and the colours gorgeous as always....Appointments what are they???? so hard to come by just don't seem to get anywhere phoning an appointment we have to go on line and not everyone has computers and it should change good luck l hope you get sorted sending lots of love xx

Margreet said...

Wow, stunning cards with the teabags. Beautiful colors!
Your visit to the hospital sounds like a nightmare. It is far more worse than in the Netherlands.
Good luck with making an appointment with the Meds.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards not done teabag folding for a long time and you have just reminded me I have a book somewhere with all the different folds in! Love them both but really love the flowers on the second one.Good luck with getting an app and hope your results aren't serious-I don't have the internet on my phone either and it's rediculous when they send you links they never work on the computer??? I am still waiting for my bone scan results from last Oct and Dr won't see me until they get the results!!!
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Glenda said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards my friend! I really love them both!

cuilliesocks said...

Both of your cards are stunning Valery. I've never learned to do these fancy fold and always in awe of those who do them.
What a nightmare for you, it seems to be the way, and I'm sure folks are getting missed for treatments because everything is going high tec. Lots of people don't have smart phones, and why should they if it's not their way, Alistair doesn't have one.
I hope you manage to get a face to face appointment and get your meds resolved, take care, Kate x

Chris said...

These are really lovely Mrs A, such pretty papers and your folds look perfect.
I hate the way technology impinges on all aspects of our lives these days. When you are ill or worried it doesn't help at all to have to do battle with phones and computers to get the information or appointments (some hopes!) you need. I hope you manage to get a 'proper' appointment soon.
xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I have never tried teabag folding, but origami always intrigue me. Both your cards look awesome! Love especially the second one, your flowers are just fabulous!
It's incredible how much the Health System has collapsed with the new technologies! So sorry for your misadventures, put your foot down and demand what you are entitled to!!! In the future (not too late, as you can see just now) they want we have a AI (Artificial Intelligence) to take care of our health instead of a real doctor. In the insane minds of those who decide on the top, humans aren't enough efficient and skilled.
Hugs, have a lovely Sunday.

Viv said...

Great cards Mrs A - clever! x

Sue said...

Two stunning cards Mrs A...what a nightmare you have been through! hugs SUe x

Freubelmina said...

you made beautiful cards with this beautiful technique ValeryAnne, great!
Gosh, what a situation ... I wish you all the best xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Its ovely to see tea bag folding again Mrs A...two lovely cards


Anne

Brenda in IN said...

I've never done origami but this is inspiring. Two beautiful cards with stunning origami folds. This is really amazing and I love them both. I don't know why everyone assumes we all have smart phones or even cell phones. Even the nightly news says "learn more" on our website - they assume everyone has a computer. If we don't, we can't "Learn more'. Why can't they just tell us! The world has gotten way ahead of me. Half the time I'm having trouble with my smart phone so I don't think it's as smart as they claim. Okay, off my high horse. I hope you can get a phone call through and get an appointment.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
2 wonderful tea bag folds and the papers used are gorgeous.
My fave is the second one as that is very unusual.
Oh my word I do so hope you get your meds sorted.
When they put these new fangle things into use they don't think of those who don't own the items to to access it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
PS Hope hubbies tests are okay when he gets the results.

Donna said...

Two fabulous cards Mrs. A. I hope you get your information and that you are both okay. Hugs, Donna

LesleyG said...

Lovely cards, haven’t seen the circle technique before, so pretty. I don’t think many of their automated systems work, such a waste of money, why can’t we just talk to human beings! Please trust your instincts, and question everything xxx

Gina said...

What fabulous designs! Ages since I have seen any Teabag folding. Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts XXX

dj said...

Fantastic folds!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Your fancy fold technique and designer papers together perfectly for our “no stamping” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS501

Sari / Granne said...

Amazing, beautiful designs, Fabulous papers and gorgeous looks. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #113 Challenge.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x

Kim said...

Beautiful. I have not tried this technique yet. Thanks for joining the challenge st Love to Craft Challenge Blog.