Monday, July 10, 2023

Someone Special.

A happy find.  Whilst looking through all my stash for a stamp that I knew I had but couldn't remember where I had put it I found a box of cards that I had made at various workshops and never shown.  This is one of them.
Would have been made at a Julie Hickey workshop at least 5yrs ago using Julie Hickey stamps. The background is made from a piece of card smooshed into Distress Oxide inks and then flicked with water. I stamped the flower on top,  cut out  and then  raised up with 3d pads onto  slightly larger black card  which I adhered directly to the card blank. A larger  thin die cut frame was also adhered to give the illusion of a picture frame.  I stamped the sentiment onto the rest of the smooshed card and die cut the banner. Finished off with gems and a small piece of ribbon. 
I eventually did find  the said missing stamp (4hrs later) after I had looked in every box and cupboard twice and then thought to just check one more place and of course there it was! I know. Should have gone to Spec Savers. 

Entering into the following challenges:
Ellibelles Corner # Anything goes.
Lets Craft and Create Challenge #197 Anything goes/add flowers.
Mix It Up #66 Anything goes/ optional aperture.
The Crafty Addicts #3 Anything goes.
Unicorn Challenge #89 No Design Paper. 



17 comments:

Freubelmina said...

What a sweet card in these soft colors... the flower is such a beautiful eye-catcher xx

crafty-stamper said...

It'a amazing what you find whilst looking for something else lol.Love the card and flower stamp=great smooshed background and love the colour combo
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love this card so much, I'm glad you founded it searching a stamp ! The big flower looks great on the smooshing and the faux frame has a fabulous effect!
Hugs

Gail said...

Such a pretty card. Love it.

brenda said...

A great find, such a pretty summery feel to it and pleased you shared.

B x

Aquarius said...

Very pretty card and I'm pleased to hear you found the missing stamp eventually. Dread to think of the hours spent searching for items I know I have but not sure where 🙄. Could it be a sign that we maybe have too much 'stuff' 🤣😂

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty card, the colours are gorgeous.
Lorraine

Chris said...

I wonder how many hours of my life I've spent looking for something I know I have somewhere! At least you found your stamp...and this beautiful card xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely the background you created such gorgeous colours....beautiful card

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

So glad you found this card Valery, it's gorgeous, and what lovely colours. Pleased you found your stamp eventually, been there many times. Hope things go well with you and the Doc, Kate x

Margreet said...

Love this mixed media card with the fab flower.
The story of finding the lost stamp could have been mine.
xxx Margreet

Viv said...

Lovely Mrs A! Great find in your stash! The pink,green and black fits our Use 3 colours challenge at Try It On Tuesday if you want to link up too!x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and like that background.

Sue said...

I have this stamp Mrs A it's so lovely and so is your card hugs x

Sandra H said...

Ooh your card is so very pretty x

Conniecrafter said...

such a pretty smooshed background, love the colors you used and the stamping with that flower is so pretty on it!

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful floral creation!
Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!