Friday, April 07, 2023

Easter Bunnie Gnome

I have been busy making this Easter Bunnie Gnome for my daughter to take into work as they were having an Easter Egg hunt. I saw  this Scandinavian Sweeties Gnome pattern  on YouTube and just had to buy it to make her The design is by Sarah at Ruffles and Rain Boots . Her ears and hat are wired so are moveable.


Bunnie took me no time to make (just a day)  but having finished her all in white she didn't look quite right to me so I changed her gnome hat to being pink. Then the fun began with the egg.  Sometimes the obvious solution is not the  first one that  springs to mind . I didn't have any plastic egg shapes to use  so I thought  ok lets make one from  cutting up an egg carton and using two of the egg shapes upturned and then sticking a large round bead on top. Nope, it looked ridiculous so onto plan B. Use just  one of the egg shapes and stuff it with  filling to make the dome shape securing said stuffing with tape. One sticky mess later the obvious finally  kicked in. Why not use a real egg so off to the fridge I went. 
Now how  to get the egg out without destroying the shell. Found a skewer in the cutlery drawer and oh so carefully made a hole in the base of the egg and then even more carefully enlarged the hole with very fine nail scissors. Would that egg come out of its shell? No!  It liked it in there but after poking with the skewer I did eventually manage to  extract it. Gave the inside a good wash with warm soapy water dried it and then stuffed with more of the filling I had used in Bunnie. Sealed the bottom and then proceeded to tear a sheet of ditsy flower patterned paper into minute pieces and decoupaged the egg using pva glue. 5hrs later mission accomplished and  did I waste the egg? Heck no, The Doc got a bread and butter pudding made with it for his supper.  

Lastly a picture of her sweet derriere .
Entering into the following challenges:
2Crafty Critter Crazies #73 Anything goes with a critter. 
Creative Aunts #76 Easter Gifts.




23 comments:

Aquarius said...

This Easter bunny is adorable and something a bit different. Clever work with the egg.

Freubelmina said...

oooh i'm in love 😍😍😍
How beautifully made and how cleverly you solved the egg in the end... Compliments ValeryAnne xx

brenda said...

So clever and what a great idea adding the real egg, lucky person to find this hidden treasure.

Have a lovely Easter.

B x

Sandra H said...

Wow......this is gorgeous how clever and creative you are they will love it on the Easter hunt enjoy your weekend xx

dutchess said...

Fabulous ValeryAnn how clever…just adorable ….have a happy Easter xxxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh adorable!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my!!! Adorable!!!! Such a cute and sweet bunny, and your has been a true labour of love, Mrs. A.!!! Love that the ears and hat could be moved!
I read all your attempts and solutions to create the rabbit egg and I have to say "Big Congrats!!", you were really full of inventiveness!! How much hard work, such determined lady you are!! The decoupage egg looks just PERFECT and so cute!
I'm sure your daughter will be amazed!
Hugs, have a lovely and cheerful Easter!

Brenda in IN said...

This bunny gnome is the cutest bunny ever. You did a great job making it and it was worth everything you went through with making the egg. I love your persistence and it sure paid off. Have a wonderful Easter.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Easter Bunny Gnome love it and good thinking with the eg-think I would have gone for the easier option and bought a Cadburys creme egg lol
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bunny Gnome, love the pink details. Well done with the egg, you must have patience!
Have a lovely Easter weekend.
Avril xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a cute, fluffy bunny Mrs A, looks great with the pink details too.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Chris said...

Aww, your gnome bunny is so cute!! The egg looks fabulous- good thinking to use a real one- hope the Doc enjoyed his bread and butter pudding! Happy Easter Mrs A.
xx

Twingomaus said...

So crazy :) Thanks for joining us at the Kreativtanten Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Suze said...

This is adorable MrsA. I bet Doc enjoyed his bread and butter pudding too.

LesleyG said...

So cute and so clever! Happy Easter xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Your Easter bunny is so adorable Mrs A…I’m sure he will be well loved ..happy Easter to you

Anne

Donna said...

Adorable gnome bunny, such talent. I like how you used a real egg! Happy Easter!

Carol L said...

You made such an adorable bunny gnome and I would just love this to pieces if it were mine! How clever of you to do this! It's EGG-stra special :) Happy Easter!

The Crafty Den said...

Oh my goodness Mrs A what patience you have. I would have given up after the first try lol! Your bunny is amazing and the egg was worth all the effort. Hugs, Denise x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness is that ever adorable, you did a fabulous job on that bunny gnome. I can't get over the work you went through for that egg but it sure did turn out lovely!

aussie aNNie said...

Love the happy vibrant colours on this lovely bunny, just adore this . Beautifully done. xx

AlisonC said...

You always make me laugh! Such devotion. Still it looks wonderful and very cute. I'm sure it will be treasured for a long time. x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So Sweet! Hugs, Angela xXx