Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Pop Up

The Butterflies are back over on their blog for  another  challenge.  The theme is:

As usual I have made a card for your inspiration.You can find the instructions over on the butterfly blog under the  card shapes  header.  It really is a simple card to make as there are literally only 3 score lines to make /fold and then your done. 
I wasn't intending to make a Valentine card but this set of Stickeroos by Penny Black (Hearts and Flowers H10- 172)were out on my desk and when I looked they just happened to incorporate the colours I had already picked for the Butterfly challenge so not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I used them!
Iv'e used all the elements from the Wheel. The backing paper is a freebie from Making cards June 2013 called Busy Bees. Butterfly is a die by Tonic studios called 'Felicity Butterfly'. The sentiment die is also  by Tonic Studios. Red heart from my stash. 
Here's the card showing the corner pop up and below shows it free standing.


Do hope you will come along and play. The challenge is running for 3 weeks as usual and will end 7th March 8pm (GMT). 

Entering into the following challenges:
Cards 4 Galz #192 Include one heart or more.
Incy Wincy Designs #Valentines/or In the garden.
Penny Black #Anything goes/Hearts and/or flowers.


16 comments:

Sandra H said...

Mrs A your card is so creative and beautiful xx

brenda said...

This is such an unusual design and so pretty in all the shades of pink and red.

B x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card and the fold looks impressive. Will try to give it a go. I didn't manage to join the last challenge.
xxx Margreet

Stamps and Paper said...

Such an interesting fold Mrs A...lovely card and very inspirational

Anne

lichazul said...

great design , beautiful card !! :)
happy day Valery

thanks so much for pick my card :) I'll write you for email
hugs :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A sweet and beautiful card, love the shape and all the PB Stickeroos! That heart gem on the big butterfly is an adorable touch, a lovely catch-eyes!
Hugs

Donna said...

Fabulous card and fold! like your soft colors.

Chris said...

A really unusual fold Mrs A- and so effective! The inspiration card you designed is so beautiful, such pretty colours.
xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is beautiful, what a great card, love the colours you have gone for, I really need to get crafting again and playing along with your challenge, thanks for dropping by my blog, Love Hazel xx

Becca Yahrling said...

This is just gorgeous, Mrs A!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh I do love that butterfly and what a lovely surprise to see the heart flowers inside!!
I have not seen this fold before.....it sure is impressive
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Donna Ellis said...

I always admire "paper engineers" like you, ValeryAnne. I have the most difficult time figuring fun folds out, and even harder if I watch or read directions! LOL I know you said only 3 score lines, but it looks like a lot more to me! LOL Maybe I just make everything more difficult than it really is. At any rate, your card is LOVELY, especially pretty with the many layers, papers, and stamped items. Beautifully done!
hugs,
de

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Valery Anne and unusual folds too.

Sue xx

Darline Maes said...

Heel mooie kaart, bedankt voor je deelname, groetjes Darline

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x