Saturday, February 11, 2023

Love.

This is not the resulting card I was intending but I ruined, well not completely ruined  the design I was making, so I cut my loses and salvaged the flower by fussy cutting it   and made  this instead.  You can't tell from the picture but the flower is actually 5 sheets of toilet paper that I spritzed with water between each layer and then sandwiched in a 3d embossing Folder.  I carefully removed from the folder and left to dry overnight in the airing cupboard.  It dried perfectly but then I tried colouring just one of the flowers in the design with Patina Wax and  got smears around  the edge (even though I was careful) so I fussy cut it out and here it is. 


The embossing folder I used is by  Lisa Horton called 'Blooming Peony' and gives a lovely 3d effect.
The Patina wax is called Copper Pot and when I pulled my cardstock out to see what I could use these 2 sheets by Tonic Studios went perfectly with it. The Love sentiment is by Britannia dies.  I have kept the design simple so as not to detract from the Peony which I raised up with several layers of  small white squares attached beneath it.  Hearts are a small  Woodware punch.

Entering into the following challenges:
The Paper Funday Challenges: #50 Anything goes/twist of lots of layers.
We Love 2 Create #1 Anything mixed media.
Make My Mondays #193 Love is in the air.
Everybody Art #529 Heart/Love.
Shopping Our Stash #489 Love is in the air.


26 comments:

brenda said...

Looks like a good recovery to me and a really pretty romantic card.

B x

Aquarius said...

Well done for rescuing that beautiful 3D flower, a lovely card

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your toilet Paper embossed flower, must give that a try…very pretty card Mrs A

Anne

dutchess said...

Looks great Mrs A…love the copper colour…take care

crafty-stamper said...

Great rescue and love the colour of the beautiful peony-I made two backgrounds with this technique months ago and no idea what to do with them lol
Carol x

Margreet said...

Love your flower and cannot believe it is made of toiletpaper.
Great embossing too!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Wow Mrs A - who would have guessed that you could make something as stunning as this flower from toilet paper! The card is gorgeous- love the colours and metallic effect.
xx

Brenda in IN said...

What a beautiful combination of papers, color and textures on this card. I love those colors and the toilet paper flower is stunning. The flower resembles the flower on your header.

Donna said...

Fabulous card, colors, papers, flower!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Isn't it just wonderful what can be done with paper? Only in the most creative hands, of course, Yours. This is a gorgeous flower shown off beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Cathy said...

Not heard of that technique Mrs A but it looks amazing! Gorgeous detailed flower, Cathy x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sometimes an accident can end in an even better result and this is one of them. Gorgeous flower. Thanks for the lovely comment over at mine too, the napkins you liked were from Morrisons and they have several designs available. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Donna Ellis said...

umm, teacher! (I'm waving my hand in the back row hoping to have my question answered...)
Did you have to use a special kind of toilet paper for the layering, or does any brand work?
I loved using TP for years with rubber stamps, but never thought to use them in EFs! ValeryAnne, thanks for the tip. I especially like that you cut it from the rest of the embossing and featured your peony like this. It's lovely!
hugs,
de

Sue - said...

Love the flower, so glad you managed to rescue it!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Well saved Valery Anne, the rose is gorgeous and it makes a beautiful card.

Sue xx

Donna Walls said...

Even though this wasn't the intended design, it's still very Lovely. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card Mrs A and a great recovery too, there's always a way to retrieve most boo-boos.
Lorraine

Mrs.B said...

The peony lo9oks stunning and I'm glad you were ab le to rescue it, it makes a lovely addition to your card.
Avril xx

Francesca said...

Pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing over at Make My Monday.

Freubelmina said...

Wow ValeryAnny, your flower is beautiful!
A very beautiful card with lots of love xx

Uschi said...

Well done and a great rescue of this beautiful flower. Your card really turned out so romantic. It looks so stunning with this amazing design and colors and all the glitter.
Thank you for submitting your amazing project to the Everybody Art Challenge.
Hug Uschi

dj said...

Toilet paper...who knew is could look so good!! Oh the creative minds of crafters!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our “love is in the air” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS489

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your toilet paper flower came out wonderful!!! And the wax makes it really gorgeous. I have to try this technique for sure!Beautiful design as well, your recovery is a big success! :)
Hugs

SmilynStef said...

What gorgeous texture ... and great job shopping your stash ... so very glad you joined us for our *love is in the air* challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

Helen said...

I think it was a happy accident as the flower looks beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Helen x
DT