Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Four Panels.

The Butterflies are back over on their blog for a new round of challenges.  The theme for January is:

As usual I have made  a card for your inspiration. The shape is far from new as I have found various  instructions for making it ( also using different shape names) on YouTube, one even  going back 7yrs!
I have used all the elements on the wheel.  In all  of my stash of papers I couldn't find even just  one using the colours and elements that I wanted so as the saying goes  If you can't beat them then join them!
I made my own design paper using a  selection of SU stamps from  'Everything is Rosy', 'Berry Blessings',' Butterfly Gala', 'What I Love' and 'Brushed Blooms. I watched loads of YouTube tutorials by Ruth Trice of Artful Stampin  who is an absolute wizz at Stamped One Sheet Wonders. 
This is the design paper that I made  to use for the card. 



Here is the card. 
The butterfly die is by Cheery Lynn  from 'Tiny Thing with Wings' die set B266 and the white frame is from Whimsy Stamps 'FaDoodle Frames' WSD 467.
Here is the card opened out. The stamped design on the back panel is  by SU  from their 'Floral Statements' set  which I have coloured using Promarker pens to match the  Stampin Up ink that I used on the design paper. I also used a silver gel pen. 

Below shows the design paper cut to fit the panels. It really is an easy card shape to do.
I hope you will come and have a play in the Butterfly Garden.  Challenge is running until 24th January. 

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
The Alphabet Challenge # : T is for Thankyou
A Place to Start # : Anything goes. 
Love to Craft #72 : Anything goes.
Love to Scrap #159 : Anything goes.

Hugs


24 comments:

Chris said...

A beautiful card to start the year Mrs A. Love that gorgeous hand stamped paper- it's a shame to cover it up!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Valery Anne, I love the colourful background that you created.

Sue xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with the handstamped paper. Almost a shame to cover it up!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great fold-love the fabulous stamped paper you made
Carol x

María said...

This card is awesome, I love the paper you've created, it's very colourful. That butterfly die is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, your design paper is fabulous, if I haven't read that you made it, I have never thought, it's perfect! Beautiful shape and addition, love the Thanks with the roses and the silver lines.
Hugs

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous card, great design and colors to start the New Year Butterfly challenge!

Carol L said...

What an extraordinary card you've created! I love the papers and colors and the added bits of sparkle, but the fold is unique and so amazing to me! You've used that dsp to it's full potential, for sure! Happy New Year!

lichazul said...

Beautiful card ,your design is genial👏👏👏💐
Happy day ☺️

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design and most gorgeous colours here.. beautiful papers..
Hope to start entering again this year too ... xx

Brenda in IN said...

I like the pattern paper you created. The colors are a lovely combination and this fold is terrific. That is a beautiful butterfly die in pink.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely, interesting design to your card. The pretty hand stamped paper adds a beautiful feminine feel to this thank you card.
Lorraine

pinky said...

This is a work of art ValeryAnne. Love the layout and your gorgeous stamping!! I might have to try and fit this challenge in hopefully. Hope you are keeping well now and Happy New Year to you! xx

Donna Ellis said...

Thank you for always sharing a fun fold or technique, ValeryAnne, and for integrating it into a delightful challenge, too! Your card panels make this a wonderful masterpiece! hugs, de

Crea Astrid said...

A beautiful model card. Beautiful paper also used for. Beautiful flowers with text on the back.

Hugs, Astrid.

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful job of making your own paper, gorgeous stamping, such a pretty fold card, love the beautiful thanks at the end!

Helen said...

Beautifully put together and I love the fold you've used.

Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Kate said...

Gorgeous stamping! Lovely design! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely card Mrs A...hope to join in the 🦋 challenge this time! Happy new year!

Greta said...

Love your handstamped designer paper & wonderful card!

Liz said...

Your card is so pretty, Mrs A. A lovely fold to start off the 2023 Butterfly challenges. x

Sue - said...

That is so pretty Mrs A. Love the paper you made.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card design, love it xXx

LOU said...

Gorgeous card ValeryAnne. Love that you have made your own paper.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge #72 for January/February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions