Sunday, March 14, 2021

Flowers and Foliage.

I have managed  to make another 5 cards (so on par for my March Quota) for this weeks Christmas Card Club Theme set by Zoe which is Christmas Flowers and Foliage. 

Found some suitable card fronts  in my used shop bought card box  and a few bit and bobs left over from the last card session still out on my desk. 
First card.
I had the ivy already die cut out on my desk and it went so well with the card that I teamed it  with die cut berries to match those on the card too. Both the die cuts are by John Next Door.  The sentiment was included on the card front so a bow to attach the spray of berries and ivy was all that was needed to complete. Layered up onto red cardstock and a green base card also made from cardstock.


Second Card. 
Not strictly  a christmas flower but this was a christmas card received and the picture shows the show drops popping through the snow and ice. Christmassy enough by my book.  I found a matching little pop out picture of  a snow drop in my bit and pieces and thought it perfect  to use. Raised up on snippets of card and I matched the gold round the circle with a gold sticker from my stash.  I had to use the flash on my camera  (so sorry for the glare) but without it Th sentiment didn't show up. Backed onto green cardstock and one of the few remaining scalloped cards in my stash. I must purchase some more.



Third Card.
Another card front added to a scalloped card base. In my stash of christmas stamps I found one that was from a Practical Publishing  magazine  2018 . It was a sprig of a fir tree branch which went with the background  so I stamped it out twice, fussy cut  and coloured the same as in the card. I also found a Woodware Stamp  almost identical to the berry branches so I stamped and fusssy cut that out too colouring to match. A matching bow attached them to the top of the card. The sentiment was already part of the card front so nothing else needed. 

Fourth Card.

I had this left over from the last lot of  cards made using the theme Christmas Carols.It is a digital paper from Etsy Store 'Digital Magpie' and you get two song sheets per page. This was the one I hadn't used . The die cut sentiment was already on my desk as well.  Green cardstock for the basecard and then layered up with red card and more of the green. A few gold leaf stickers added from my stash.  I had left it at that but I always leave cards out overnight and come back to in the morning just to make sure I am happy with them. This one needed something extra though in the top corner. I tried a die cut flower, too fussy but sometimes simples is best. It just needed the bow to pull out the colour on the rose petals. 

Fifth Card.

This card is just using up remnants really. The green cardstock was just enough left over to make a card base 4"x 7 and the red strip was left over from the card above.  I had some oddments of sheet music not used so I stamped out the John Next Door poinsettia onto them and then used the matching die cut. Coloured them using my Promarker pens and used silver glitter glue on them. Left to dry and assembled this morning and added to the card. The sentiment was already premade from the strips of paper that I stick on card and then die cut sentiments from. Matched the flowers perfectly so another card in the bag.  

I thought I would struggle making even just 3 cards but once I got started it seemed a shame to stop. Thanks for the challenge Zoe. 




Keep Safe and watch out for your Vaccine invite.
Hugs 



30 comments:

Aquarius said...

Another great selection of Christmas cards and good that you were able to use up some of your saved bits and bobs.

Rita said...

What a Challenge Valery - Anne. Five beautiful cards. I love everyone of them. Well Done. Hugs Rita xxxx

dutchess said...

Well done Valery-Anne...they are all gorgeous cards...and using up bits and bobs is so satisfying....take care xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

terrific set of cards ValeryAnne. It's always great to incorporate some recycled bits and pieces - although these are certainly more than bits and pieces! Great job. Christine x

Di said...

What a gorgeous selection of Christmas cards! Lovely how you added such perfect pieces to transform saved shop bought cards. Your target is progressing very nicely ineed.

Hugs

Di

Xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! You've certainly been busy once again this month and have created some beautiful cards Mrs A. I can see that you mean business this year in getting your Christmas card stash to a bumper level before December, great job.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

Lots of beautiful Christmas cards, you certainly found lots of pretty flowers and foliage.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Viv said...

Fab cards as always Mrs A! x

brenda said...

What a lovely display, adore Snowdrops but I think the first with the hints of gold really make the colours pop.

B x

Donna Ellis said...

They are all 5 gorgeous, ValeryAnne! such pretty arrangements, and each one so unique! It's a great theme, and you've captured several styles. I am partial to your layered poinsettias, but that vintage paper is so pretty in one of your other cards! Thank you for sharing. hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful selection of cards great recycling and using of bits and bobs too-really love the first one
Carol x

Margreet said...

Great variety in beautiful cards. Love the photo of the snowdrops.
xxx Margreet

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Valery .....love them all ....hugs Sylvie xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW Valery!! What a wonderful selection of cards, each one is beautifully designed, and I think the snowdrop card fits just perfect into the Christmas Flower theme, keep safe, Kate x

Chriss America Real said...

These cards are all so gorgeous! I can't decide which is my favorite!

Hugs,
Chriss

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous compilation, you surely will have a lot of cards ready for Christmas! Love them all and especially the last one, that bow really finished the flowers perfectly and love the fun shape of the sentiment!

Donna said...

5 fabulous cards, very impressed with you keeping up this pace. They are all fabulous, I am really liking the poinsettias.

Kathleen said...

A super set of Christmas cards with great backgrounds and images.

Kath x

gwen70 said...

Wow you have been busy, all cards are simply beautiful xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A all your Christmas cards are gorgeous. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Oh wow Mrs A what a beautiful selection of Christmas cards l adore them all x

Darnell said...

Well done, Anne! You have transformed the bits and bobs into gorgeous Christmas cards! Very satisfying on many levels! I hope you are keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

I love what you do with your recycled cards. Every one of these is stunning. The snowdrops are the prettiest flowers and that card stole my heart. I am watching for the postman every single day. I even checked yesterday because once in a while I get a package on Sunday. I am getting fanatical about it! I'll let you know the minute it gets here.

Zoe Tant said...

WOW you went to town with the challenge Valery Anne. I like your lovely set of cards all very beautiful. Zoe x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a gorgeous selection of festive cards you are so clever to be able to make so many, I love them all especially the Snowdrops
hugs
lorraine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Valery Anne, I love them all.

Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

Glorious cards and absolutely beautiful. I love the ivy die cut on the first and what pretty snowdrops on the second. Wow to the poinsettia last card, a real stunner x.

Carol S. said...

Wow!!! Mrs A, what a fabulous selection of stunning cards. All so different.
Brilliant designs. Hugs and stay safe, Carol S.xxxx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous Christmas cards Mrs A, all brilliant designs, but I must admit I love the Poinsettias.
Avril xx

Freubelmina said...

Great cards ValeryAnne, all of them are beautiful! I can't choose .... I just want them all hihi.
Love and have a nice weekend xxxx