Sunday, November 15, 2020

Mug Rug.

I made this mug rug for a facebook swap last month and as my partner has received I can show it. 
My instructions were for it to be made in pale colours and I found from her page that she liked blue.
I used to make a lot of these on Flickr in my pre Blogger days

All stitched by hand except the binding and the quilting which I used my sewing machine for. The teacups took a week to embroider as each one is cut separately and then the stack was made from the bottom up nestling each one inside one another. I can't tell you how many times I stitched and then unpicked to get the rims of the cups right!  I used a digi image called Cupstack from 'Toadstool Printables' which I resized on my computer then printed out and transferred to freezer paper before ironing onto the appropriate coloured materials.  The letters are an alphabet die cut set by Julie Hickey which were cut using the freezer paper. Each material  piece was then ironed onto Heat and Bond to stop from fraying before stitching onto the backing material.  

 Finally I made a matching card for Janet before sending off. I do have to say the card was a lot easier to colour up than making  the mug rug! Janet loved them both. 
Trotting over to Pixie's Crafty Workshop #390 as I have used lots of snippets of material on the mug rug.
 
Not been around much as I had my Dental review for the new tooth last week and they found that though the bone had regrown  the two teeth either side of the gap had moved and the proposed surgery for December was hurriedly brought forward to this past Thursday. On the day they found that I didn't have enough regrown bone of my own so I had to have a bone graft (heck you don't want to know what they used, I do and I rather I didn't but you have to sign the consent forms before they will proceed). I now have a titanium screw inserted (to eventually take the new implant) as well as the bone graft plus a temporary metal  bar holding it all in  place plus 6 stitches which I need to go back and have removed next week.  Eating is a nightmare at the moment and The Doc is under strict instructions not to make me laugh as moving the lip too much can weaken the stitches.  Who knew taking a bite out of a piece of bread and butter could cause all these problems. So after the stitches come out we wait to see for two months  if my body will accept or reject the titanium screw as a foreign body. If all goes well they remove the temporary bar and then they can  file the teeth down on either side to widen the gap back up again to place the implant. All I want for Christmas is my new Front Tooth!!!! 

Hugs
I won't say keep on smiling
but do stay safe and well. 

25 comments:

Kathleen said...

Looks like you are a glutton for punishment, not only with the teeth but in the creation of these two lovely items. Great materials and designs.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for all the problems about your tooth! It seems really your mouth is in a bad moment! Two months are a log time to wait, but fingers crossed you will have your implant again!
How many work and patience you have had with the rug! Wow! So beautiful and impressive work, certainly your friend have loved it!! Beautiful card too!
Hugs

Freubelmina said...

What a fantastic quilting blanket you made Mrs A, what a big job but with a great result.
And then that beautiful matching card ... TOO beautiful!
What a hassle with your tooth, I will keep my fingers crossed that things are going in the right direction from now on.
Kind regards, Wilma xx

Donna said...

Your mug rug is just stunning and like the card to go with it. My mouth hurts just reading what you went through, wishes for a speedy and successful healing. Hugs, Donna

Suze said...

I thought I had enough problems with my teeth but you have me beat. I hope that it doesn't hurt too much and that you get the all clear when you go back for your check up.
Your quilted piece is beautiful and a lovely matching card. I like that you added some faux stitching around the card to tie it into the quilted piece.

Liz said...

Your mug rug is fabulous, Mrs A and I love how you've personalised it. Lovely idea to send a beautiful matching card too.

Hope your trips to the dentist work out okay, I'm sure they will. Sounds like you've been through a hard time reading about all you've had done. xx

Carol S. said...

The mug rug is stunning Mrs A. Gorgeous colours and design.
Sorry to hear what an awful time you are having, all over a slice of bread and butter!! Hope you will be back to normal soon. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning post, superbly created and love your colours, images and oh, love the whole lot. x

Greta said...

Oh dear--couldn't read the details of your dental issues as I was getting woozy, but I hope everything goes smoothly & you get your Christmas wish! What a wonderful gift & card--lucky recipient!

brenda said...

So sorry the tooth issue continues, sounds almost identical to when I had mine done a few years ago, right down to the bone graph. Fingers crossed it goes smoothy from here on.

A really beautiful piece of needlework and how nice a card to match.

B x

Kath said...

A lovely mug run and matching card - I bet Janet liked them too.

I hope your dental issues settle soon. Over the years most of my teeth have broken when eating bread too!

Kath x

dutchess said...

Oh dear Valery this all sounds horrible for you...keeping my fingers crossed....
Loving your mug rug it’s beautiful...take care xxx

Aquarius said...

A lovely piece of stitchery art, so clever to get the cups resting together so well. I hope your mouth/teeth settle down and heal quickly, interesting to hear the details but almost 'too much information' ... ouch 😉. Take care

Margreet said...

You're such a star with needle and thread! The matching card is FAB too.
So sorry about all teeth issues. Two months waiting is a long time, especially with Xmas around the corner. Keep thinking of you!
xxx Margreet

Jackie T said...

Oh boy you are going through it Mrs A. I do hope all the treatment you are having goes well. My hubby has a Titanium plate in his wrist it doesn't cause him any trouble. The card and mug rug are gorgeous. I bet your swap partner was thrilled. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

The mug rug and card are gorgeous Valery Anne. My sister can relate to your tooth problems, she should have had a tooth out and one filling replaced at the beginning of the 1st lockdown. Then proir to going into lockdown 2 she got a very bad abcess on the tooth that needed the filling, 3 different types of antibiotics did not touch the abcess and she ended up having to go to hospital for IV antibiotics. She has now had the tooth taken out plus the one that should have come out in March, and has to go back as the abcess was so bad it has affected the tooth next to it and she may have to have that out too.
Hope all goes well for you.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Oh wow how lovely is your mug rug and card l just love seeing what next you create it’s always a variety of gorgeous crafty items ...so sorry to see your having treatment from the dentist l only hope it eases quickly and then painless you become sending virtual 🤗 xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

*shaking my head at the tooth drama* only you! ;)
This mug rug and complimenting card are lovely x

Brenda in IN said...

What a great gift the mug rug is and oh, so pretty. That is something she will cherish since you made it just for her, along with a matching card. What an ordeal you are having with a tooth. And, no, I don't want to know what the bone graft is made out of! I hope it takes so you can get the implant.

Di said...

LOVE this mug rug chick! So much work and care has gone into making it - you're such a perfectionist. Oh my, that flipping tooth - god you're going through it but my hopes are high that it will work out for you in the end. I know I owe you an email, am struggling to keep up with the Playground but each day is an improvement - thank goodness. Not in ALL things but we can but hope. Dudley has been fed and is now hanging around in the kitchen looking hopeful - I wonder if he's a little pig in a white fur coat?

Hugs

Di xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are fabulous Mrs A. I love them.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Oh my goodness Valery, your tooth trouble sounds just awful, poor you. I'm sitting here squirming reading whats bee done to you, I do hope that everything goes well from now on.
Your mug rug is absolutely gorgeous what an amount of sewing you've done, I love it and the colours, a pretty card to go with it too.
Take care of yourself Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
oh my word that does sound horrendous what a horrible thing to have to go throw.
You poor thing I am just wobbling at the thought of it all.

Your creations are so pretty and what fantastic work too.
I think there may be a gold star in the pipline for that it's so stunning and wonderful use of Snippets.
Super that you managed to make a card to match asw ell.
Lots of crafty love and virtual gentle hugs. Jenny L.

AlisonC said...

Yikes, that sounds awful. I hope you are doing ok and improving day by day. The times I've broken teeth has been on bread! Sending hugs and I hope you are being well looked after. Love the rug and matching card. This will be treasured. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh golly I had missed this post, you have been though the wars. I hope that everything starts to settle for you now. Im loving your makes, what a pretty wee mug rug. So much work you have put into it, its a beautiful gift. Stay Safe, Hazel x