Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Lattice work

A new challenge has started over on the Butterfly blog.

#115 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter Y.

As usual I have some inspiration cards to share with you. My first one uses all the seven elements on the wheel.

Yale blue/ Yew/Yellow/ Your Choice/Yarn/You/Butterfly
I cose 'Stitching' as my Your Choice  element

Design paper is a freebie from Making Cards magazine 'Nancy Watt collection '. The die cut is by Presscut 'Oval Frame PCD35' set which I cut using Yellow and Yew cardstock.  The butterfly is by Wplus9 Flora & Fauna stamp set which I have coloured using all three colours and my promarkers. The oval die has a hole design around it so I used embroidery thread which is a variegated blue colour to stitch round the edge. This was my 'Your Choice' element. The Thank YOU
sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash and I used My SU punch to cut out.

Entering the card above into the following challenges:
Southern Girls # Anything goes.
Scrapping 4 Fun #131 Anything goes with 3 embellishments (Butterfly/die cut/stitching).
The Creative Crafters #12 Anything goes.
Get Creative #76 Anything goes with no twist.
Simply Create Too #145 Anything goes with no twist.
Ally's Angels #18 Anything goes.
Dragonfly Journeys #132 In Stitches.


My Second card for you today just  uses
Yale blue/ Butterfly



I found this pretty design paper in my stash and thought it matched the Digi Stamp 4 Joy image called 'flower Frame' perfectly so I coloured the image using my promarkers in the same colours as the paper.  The paper was a freebie from Making Cards magazine Jun 2016 called June flowers. The  Best Wishes sentiment is by Xcut. 3D butterfly sticker was in my stash.
I have kept colouring to a minimum as shoulder is still sore though improving slowly.

Entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Catz #444 Anything goes + optional birthdays.
Colour Crazy Challenge #52 Anything goes.
Creative Knockouts #280 Anything goes.
Angie's digital Stamps Challenge #27 Anything goes /No twist.
Love To Scrap #117 Anything goes.
Through The Craft Room Door. # Anything goes.
Crafty Calendar # Make it flowery.


27 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

These are gorgeous love the theme .xx

My Paper Cat said...

Your second card is so delicate and pretty

Viv said...

2 lovely cards Mrs A!

Anne said...

Lovely cards, I can't believe you managed to use all 7 on one make!!
Anne x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery Anne.

Sue xx

Donna said...

What gorgeous cards, pretty background papers to go with your lovely images!

Diane said...

Wonderful designs Valery.

Hugs Diane

KandA said...

Two beauties Mrs A xx

Michelle said...

Absolutely beautiful cards. I especially love the blue colours of your second card - Michelle x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great designs, love the stitching in the first one, it looks so cool!! The second one is so sweet with that blue butterfly and the dp that matches so well with the flowers!
Hugs!

Mia said...

Both are gorgeous, Valery. I love the design on the second one, and the beautiful background paper on the first one. Kisses, my friend.

Janette said...

Both your cards are gorgeous and I am glad you added one to our challenge this week at CraftyCatz, good luck.xx

Shirley-Anne said...

beautiful floral paper and love that die used .Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT

Sandra H said...

So gorgeous are both your cards Mrs A love the colours yellow l love and the blue is one of my favourite blues being there are so many the floral die is gorgeous enjoy your day x

Sylvia said...

Both cards are beautiful.Very pretty stitching on the first one and I love the flowers on the second one.They matches perfect with the DP.

Gr,Sylvia.

Katrina Bufton said...

Lovely cards, the blue one is so pretty and colour matched perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful floral card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A love your cards the colours are so pretty,well done my friend xx

Billie A said...

Very pretty so glad you shared over at Colour crazy challenge
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Carol L said...

Pick a pretty pair of butterfly cards and you land here! Love the stitching on the first and the lovely flowers on the 2nd! Well done on both :)

Mac Mable said...

What creativity to include the stitching on your first fabulous card and a great colour combination. Such a beautiful second card and the prettiest of designs x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creations Mrs A, lovely designs! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Michelle said...

Lovely cards and great colors.
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Jeannie said...

Hi ValeryAnne! Beautiful card, butterfly and lattice die cut. The stitching is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining my In Stitches blog challenge and good luck :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely work, Thank you for Joining us at Get Creative Challenges and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena DT

sweet art designs said...

Both cards are lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT