Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Gift Card Wallet.

A new challenge has started over on the Butterfly challenge.



Kobe/Kelly Green/Kobi/Kite /Knot It /Kraft card/Butterfly.
I  had to use my ingenuity for this wheel and yes those colours really do exist!

Kobe  is a Dark tone of Red
Kobi is a  Pale Pink Magenta

As usual I have some inspiration cards to share with you.
My first one uses Kraft Card/Kelly Green/Butterfly.

I recently attended a Frame Art Craft class by  Julie Hickey and we had enough time in the afternoon to complete a card as well. I added the butterfly and the sentiment to finish the card when I returned home.  The stamp is by Julie Hickey called 'Flower Garden'. Stamped onto Kraft card, embossed with Wow metalic silver embossing powder and then painted in using Distress ink pads which were stamped out onto a pallet. The colour was  picked up using a water brush. I really loved the soft colours against the kraft card. The butterfly is cut from a vellum design sheet and I even managed to use 'Knot It'for the antenna which were made from black embroidery cord with a knot in the end of each one.  The sentiment is a freebie magazine stamp which I embossed with the same colour of Wow embossing powder onto a scrap of white cardstock. Distressed round the edges with a kraft colour ink pad. 

 

My second  uses Knot It/Kobi/Butterfly.

As I haven't been doing much crafting due to my duff shoulder I have been watching quite a few Tutorials on You Tube instead  and rather liked this idea of making an envelope card wallet  to house a gift card. 
The actual card is made from one whole piece of double sided paper. I made mine from a 10" square. It is really very simple to do the folds and there is only one part that needs to be glued together.  I added a border to the back using my Martha Stewart lacy edge punch.  The sentiment is made using my latest acquisition namely the WRMK Punch Board for letters and numbers. I love it!!! So easy to use with very little pressure needed.  The die cut flower was left over from  a  previous card I had made and not needed. 
The tutorial I was watching just tucked the gift card inside the wallet but I added an extra pocket on the back to hold  a gift card or money in place.  I made the closure using a large and then a smaller button on the inside of the flap and using thin string which I knotted  and then left long enough to wrap round the front button to close.

The challenge runs for the normal 2 weeks and hope to see you soon.



20 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two great cards to inspire and well done for finding colours and items beginning with a 'K' - certainly (k)not heard of those colours before!

Lia said...

Two inspiring cards for the new challenge. Yesterday my prize has arrived and I can't wait using the embossingfolder and stamp. Thank you so much!!
Lia xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Mrs A what a lovely card and how beautiful is the wallet such a wonderful gift idea. Well done my friend on your beautiful work,hope you have a wonderful day xx

Swissie said...

Hi Mrs.A,
It is just amazing how you succeed in finding words that fit for each letter! It's a long time now since I entered your blog. Perhaps I will manage this time. Hope so.
Hugs, Liv

Chris said...

Both lovely creations using your wheel for inspiration. THe card is beautiful, pretty stamp and fabulous colours. The gift card envelope is a fabulous design, I find these so useful as I often send gift cards/book tokens for birthdays and Christmas.
Chris
x

KandA said...

Two fabulous makes Mrs A. Love the framed image on the first and the gift card wallet is so pretty xx

terrie said...

Both cards turned out fantastic....I'll have to check out how to do the envelope gift card holder….tfs

Mia said...

Your card is beautiful, Valery, but your envelope is amazing!!!!!!!!! Great inspiration, my dear friend. Kisses!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Valery,gorgeous colours and design, Kate x x

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A both of your cards are stunning I love them both. I do hope your shoulder gets better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pinky said...

Two beautiful projects, and I really love the wallet Valery.

Diane said...

Wonderful designs Valery.

Hugs Diane

Kathleen said...

K is for Kathleen, can't see any sign of that.
Some lovely cards and colours, love the envelope.

Kath x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I've not heard of those colours before but you've made two wonderful cards using them. Must have a rummage and see what I can find for the challenge.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

Two brilliant creations, love them both.
Valerija xx

Sylvia said...

2 Beautiful creations.Love the gift wallet.Enjoy your weekend.

Gr,Sylvia.

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful and soft colours on your first card and the butterfly looks fabulous and what a pretty second card and gift card wallet x. Sorry to hear you shoulder is still giving you trouble x.

Carol L said...

Way to utilize the letter K with some great creations! Such a wonderful card and a very creative wallet for gift giving. Love the colors and layered flower!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and loving both cards.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The card is lovely and soft, and the butterfly seems flying out, so beautiful!
I'm impressed by your sweet envelope card wallet. Wow!! So creative and different! Love the knot with the button and the wallet inside the envelope has been a great choice!