Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Kingfisher Blues.

I'm finally back into my email account and have had to wade through hundreds of emails that had stacked up over the past 4 weeks. I thought that I had managed to keep track of all your comments under each blog post but still found 53 peeps who I had missed out on so if you haven't heard from me of late I'm on my way!!
It is the start of a new challenge over on the Butterfly blog.
#105 Spin The Butterfly Wheel with the Letter E.
With the nice summer that we have had I decided to stamp/print lots of images onto various white card stock and take myself outside most days and sit and colour/paint then in. Here are just two of them that I have done for this challenge.

1st Card is using a digi image by  Delicious Doodles called 'Kingfisher in the rushes'.
I have gone with. Emerald/ Embossing folder/Butterfly + Eucalyptus on the Kingfisher and Electric Yellow on the butterflies.

I have coloured using my Graph'it markers and a silver gel pen. The dragonflies have a silver sparkle pen added to their wings. The embossing folder is by Creative Expressions called 'Bark' which I thought quite appropriate to use with this image.  Sentiment is a silver sticker from my stash.

2nd card  is a Magnolia Stamp Loving Tilda. I must confess to owning 16 different Tilda stamps that have never been used so I stamped them out onto water colour card and set myself the pleasant  task of colouring/painting each of them in. This is the first one.  (15 to go!!). I used graph'it markers for colouring her clothes, hair and the rose. For her body parts I used my Marvy Le PlumeII water colour pens. The rose and butterfly sticker I have had for ages (its one of those puffy 3D affairs). Bow and the gold stickers were from my stash. The paper is an old one free from Making Cards magazine June 2013 called Busy Bees. The flower paper is also a freebie from a magazine but I don't have a name to go with it.

Hope I have inspired you to come and play along. Challenge is back to its normal 2 weeks.

15 comments:

dutchess said...

Two beautiful cards Valery...just loving that kingfisher image...and like you I have many Tilda stamps as yet unused...how naughty are we ....will have to follow your example and stamp them up....glad you are back into your e mails it a bind when tec goes wrong xxxx.

Jane said...

I agree..nothing more pleasant than colouring outside in the sunshine. 2 lovely cards and we are all so guilty of hoarding our stamps! Xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Valery Anne, well done for inking all of your Tilda stamps, this one is beautiful.

Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Cute cards and it is nice to colour up old stamps, and Tilda sure looks sweet. I have around 30 of those stamps if you want more? xx

Mia said...

Both beautiful stamps, Valery. I love birds and butterflies. As for the Tilda stamps, they all are sooo cute! I have a lot of them, too, because I LOVE them. Kisses, my friend.

KandA said...

Two wonderful cards Mrs A, but I do love that fabulous Kingfisher xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are stunning I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,lovely details.xxx

Brenda in IN said...

Isn't it wonderful to be outside in the sun and doing what you love. You colored both of these so beautifully and it's just the start. The nice thing about having 15 to go is that's a lot of sitting in the sun for you! What is the most expensive fish? Goldfish. Hugs to you.

terrie said...

Well done on both of your cards....what a great day to sit outside and enjoy the great weather and doing what you like to do...thanks for sharing

Mac Mable said...

Lots of great 'E's' on your first fabulous card. The kingfisher is stunning and love your colouring and the image is great. Your Tilda card is adorable and really pretty. So glad everything is well again with your e mails after four long weeks X

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Mrs A. The first card is so striking in the beautiful colours you've used. The image is so sweet on your second card, I must get out my Tilda stamps more often. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

Kathleen said...

Two really great cards, both with super images and lovely layouts.

Kath x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I stamped a lot of images too, because I organized my stamps better, but haven't had time for colour them :( Your colouring looks wonderful and the gold stickers add a lovely touches on both the cards!
Hugs

Anne said...

2 very different cards! Nice to see you using a Tilda for a change, I have to confess mine never see the light of day either. I do love them but always seem to choose other brands first
Anne x