Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Camellia Blossom

Another card for the Butterfly Challenge #100th Celebrations.
This time I have used Hot Pink with Hexagons and the Butterflies.
I made a base card hexagon shape in white cardstock and then a smaller one in hot pink cardstock.
The image is by Woodware ' Camellia'  which I have coloured in with my Graph'it marker pens and then outlined using a gold gel pen. I have a Camellia bush in my front garden which has dark pink flowers. They are mostly all finished now but I wanted to capture the colours of the blooms as they  start to fade and then fall off.


 Here is the card with one of the fallen blooms . The butterflies are SU die cuts . The set is no longer available to buy which is a shame as it was a popular one .The sentiment is a gold sticker from my stash.

I'm rather pleased with how this card turned out.
The challenge is running for  further 2 weeks and closes on 5th June. Hope you can find time to join in spinning the wheel.

14 comments:

Jo said...

Beautiful....and a great card shape too! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great shaped card and a beautiful camellia too.

Sue xx

Tina Z. said...

wonderful and amazing shape!
hugs xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with great coloring of the camellia. Me too I have a big camellia bush with the same dark pink flowers. Last night there has been bad weather and now there are only some flowers on the ground.
xxx Margreet

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Mrs A and you have captured the colours of the camellia so well.
Avril xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A this is a stunning card the camellia is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sandra H said...

Mrs A this is so lovely l'd be so pleased with this too! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, how pretty is this card!! Lovely design and shape and beautiful colouring on that camelia!
I too have a pink camelia, but its blooms always fall before opening :(

Kathleen said...

So you should be V.A. it is a really fabulous card, love the image and your choice of colours.

Kath x

terrie said...

very lovely card Mrs. A......tfs

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely stunning Valery, I love the floral image and gorgeous colouring, great card design too,Kate x x

Mac Mable said...

Wow, absolutely stunning. Such vibrant colours and you've captured the camellia so beautifully x

Anne said...

This card is beautiful, I love how you’ve used the hexagon
I have a camellia but I don’t think it likes my garden, it’s never flowered
Anne x

Donna said...

How beautiful is your card and coloring and so like the real flower, just stunning!