Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Silhouettes

It is time for another challenge over on the butterfly blog.

#85 Butterflies + S is for Silhouette  and/or the colour Indigo

I have two cards today for my inspiration for you.

The first uses a digi silhouette image by Pink Petticoat called 'Dandeline Wisps'. They did close down but have since reopened under the name The Lovely Studio. I'm pleased about that as they have some lovely images and gorgeous paper designs. Lighting is not good for showing up the true colours. The indigo is looking more black than in real life. The die cut frame is by Crafts-Too from their Lattice Frame PCD33. The small butterflies are a tonic Studios punch. All adhered onto a white card base made from cardstock. The sentiment is a Britannia die, cut twice and glued together and then added to front of frame.


My second card uses a Silhouette design from a CD-Rom & book by Dover Electronic Clip Art.
Design no 108. I have printed out onto thin  pink card stock and again the colours are much better in real life. The butterflies have been stamped on separately using a stamp From Clearly Besotted 'Elegant butterflies' and Memento Tuxedo black ink pad. Edges have been cut using a fancy edge punch and the sentiment is again a Britannia word die  but only cut once this time. The whole panel has been raised up with 3D foam pads onto an indigo blue card base made from cardstock.


I hope you will come and play along. The challenge is back to its fortnightly run now that the school holidays are over.

Entering into the following challenges:


20 comments:

Aquarius said...

A couple of great silhouette cards for inspiration - thinking cap is on!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful silhouette cards.Love the little butterflies and the sentiment dies.

Gr,Sylvia

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a lovely theme and so beautifully done by you!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Beautiful cards :)

Michelle said...

You are welcome Mrs A. and these cards are beautiful - Michelle x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful card Valery and great inspiration too, off now to find some stamps.

Sue xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A these cards are stunning I love the silhouettes you have used they are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Margreet said...

Beautiful and so elegant!
xxx Margreet

Di said...

Lovely cards and don't faint - I have an idea for a card - if I find time to make it!

Hugs

Di xx

Janis said...

So beautiful, Mrs A! Love the elegant dies and images you chose. The simplicity of silhouettes allow the gorgeous shapes and designs to take center stage....with spectacular results!! Now I have to rummage around in my butterfly box to see what I have in silhouettes......
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing and elegant both the cards, I'm stunned by your first one, I thought that die cut frame was with butterflies opened shapes, instead you have punched and put the indigo butterflies in its corners! The effect is wonderful!

terrie said...

Beautiful cards....tfs

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A! and so good to know Pink Petticoat have reopened be it under a new name lol huggles Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Two lovely card and love the images, especially the first one. Great idea for a theme.
Did I tell you that I am distantly related to Liz at Pink Petticoat/ The lovely Studio, she doesn't know me and I don't know her but I do have a photo of me probably aged about 13 holding her as a baby at her Christening, her Grandma was my Mum's elder Sister. Loved her Dad though, he was a really nice guy, died too young.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A, the first one is my favourite as I have a weakness for anything to do with dandelions. I love Pink Petticoat too, so glad she is back :)
Hugs Kaz xx

KandA said...

Both gorgeous card Mrs A and super silhouettes, especially the dandelion xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and elegant are both your cards Mrs A x

Cara said...

Two absolutely beautiful cards, what a lovely challenge idea x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful cards Mrs A., love the images and butterflies!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Craftychris said...

Both your silhouette cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love silhouettes! Hugs xxx