Sunday, August 06, 2017

Carol Singers.

I was wide eyed and bushy tailed for the next Christmas Card Club challenge and had these made and waiting Don't expect this to become the norm though!! The theme of Carol singers was set by Granmargaret. A look through my  used christmas card fronts turned up these two likely candidates.

The arch window on the first image gave me the idea to use my Tonic Studios Die cut  Chic set 293056 on the 1st card. The set comes with different die frames and shapes so I was able to mix and match to achieve this look. The latice work is cut in red card and then backed with silver shimmer paper. You can just about see I have used a piece of acetate in the window which has gold stars printed on it and matches the stars in the mage. The name Annette is on the card front so I take her to be the design artist of the original card. I have used dark silver card stock to create the base card and from the snippets of red/silver left over I had enough to create the sentiment base which is raised on 3D pads. The Wooden Noel sign I believe came from The Works.

Second card again uses acetate to cover the front but this time the pattern is gold falling snow which I thought went perfectly with the card image. I simply trimmed down the card front adhered to gold shimmer card and then gold coloured card stock and finally to the beige cardstock base. I only need to  stick the acetate down on the fold  side of the card as it stays put when the card opens. To hide the ds tape I have used 2 strips of gold edging side by side.  No extra sentiment as there is already one on the image.

I'm sorry but one simply cannot have carol singers without using a PennyBlack 'Caroling Duck' or in this case Ducks! I defy anyone not to smile at this next card or go Awh!

I took one stamp and using a post it note for masking stamped up 5 ducks to make a choir. Stamped onto water colour card so that I could use my Marvy Le Plume II pens for colouring . I scribbled the colours onto a clear acetate sheet and used a dampened pen to apply . Silver glitter glue used on their hats.   The tartan design paper was a freebie in Making Cards Christmas  Edition 2015. Again not easily seen but the aperture has an acetate covering encasing the layered image. The Noel sentiment is from The Works as above but this time I have coated with Glossy Accents. I tell you what though, those ducks do not know how to sing in unison. My ears are throbbing!!!!

Entering this card only into the following challenges:
The Holly and The Ivy Christmas Challenge #11 Anything goes.
A Snow Flakes Promise #42 Anything goes.
Crafty Hazelnuts Extra # Anything goes.
Sweet Stampin Christmas # Anything goes.
Shopping Our Stash #314 Countdown to christmas


27 comments:

KandA said...

Fabulous cards Mrs A and super upcycling but my favourite is definitely those wonderful ducks xx

dutchess said...

Fabulous cards Valery......I so love the ducks...quirky choir and such fun I just smiled and smiled....xxxx

Aquarius said...

You've made terrific use of the two recycled card images - they are both super cards. Of course my favourite has to be those wonderful ducks - really made me smile, they are such fun.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three fantastic cards Velery, I love the recycled ones but those wonderful ducks has to be my favourite.

Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Aww all 3 cards are gorgeous and the coloured hats on the ducks are an added bonus l like that you coloured them differently too! nice to see you recycled the other 2 cards they are lovely images used sending lots of love x

Christine Harrop said...

You are so right - I definitely had an "Ah" moment with those ducky little creatures! Three gorgeous cards Mrs A! Hugs Christine xx

Michelle said...

What lovely cards Mrs A. Love the ducks, so cute! Michelle x

Brenda in IN said...

The first two cards are so pretty but those ducks! Oh my gosh, they are adorable. Great idea to mask and make a choir.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, they are three beautiful cards, but I'm in love with the last one!! Such brilliant idea repeat the duck to make a chore, and the result is so fun and adorable!!! Everybody would have this card! Great inspiration,it's a so creative work, thank you!!

Mac Mable said...

Well done on being organised with these cards. Great re-makes and yes I did smile at the adorable duck card x

Rita said...

What a Stunning array of cards Val. Love them All. hugs Rita xxx

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas cards.Love the cute little ducks.I have become a follower.

Gr,Sylvia.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! Love that cute caroling duck... such a fun card, and great masking!

Cara said...

Three stunning cards, love those singing ducks! Great masking to create the choir x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are wonderful festive creations Mrs A full of lovely Christmas joy, the images and card designs are ACE
hugs
lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant selection of cards Valery, you really are the queen of upcylcing with your first two cards, lovely traditional scenes with a fab contemporary twist. Love the ducks, fab fun image, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Super set of cards two lovely re-cycled ones but the last card is superb, love it.

Kath x

Marie Bingaman said...

OMG, those ducks are fabulous! I love your recycled cards too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Jackie T said...

Hi Mrs A your cards are gorgeous. It is such a good idea to recycle old cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Valerija said...

Beautiful cards Mrs. A, fabulous images and designs.
Valerija xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Fantastic set of cards but naturally, my favourite has to be the last one lol!
Ang x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous set of cards for our theme Valerie, love how you use the Christmas card fronts and always come up with a fabulous new design.
Lorraine

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

OMG! Those ducks are to die for! Your card is awesome!! Thank you for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

rachel said...

Brilliant upcycling Valery and I just love those ducks! Fabulous! Hugs rachel x

ionabunny said...

Oh my goodness your ducks are adorable. Love that card. Hugz

Di said...

Wonderful cards my friend - and those ducks are terrific!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

Love your upcycling Mrs A and you can't beat a PB Carol Singer. Carol x