It's time once again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our next cards that we have made following the theme that Maureen has set for us namely The North Star. Now I thought this was goiung to stump me but when I looked through the cards that came this christmas past I found just the one to recycle into a new card.
The card didn't really need much altering so I simply trimmed it down and gave it my customary Acetate front treatment! The base is made from midnight blue card stock and I used a die cut by Sizzix 657905 to cut the rectangle frame which I have attached to the front of the acetate. A gold edging down the spine to match the gold on the stable roof and card was complete.
Then I turned my attention to my box of christmas stamps, die cuts , stencils etc as I remembered that I had a North Star looking stamp that had come free in a Craft Stamper magazine years ago so I used it for my next card. Trying to photograph it was the one that gave me the most angst. I ended up remaking part of the card so the insert sentiment you now see is covering up the original heat embossed sentiment that just would not show up which ever way I pointed the camera at it!! I stamped the star using versamark ink and then heat embossed with the holographic powder from Papermania. It looks really different on here against the blue cardstock from where I used it yesterday on the Rosebud. Again I have used an acetate front but left if completely plain as all the design is on the inside of the card. I used another piece of the Xcut metal effect adhesive sheets and used the 2 negative bits of card left over from the die cut on the first card.
I covered a strip of the blue card in versamark and dipped in the holographic embossing powder and then adhered to the spine of the card. I was really pleased with the result. It is lovely and sparkly and matches the North Star that I finally managed to get a decent close up of below.
Whilst I was rummaging in the box for the Star stamp I found a die cut I had forgotten about and just had to make the next card with it. Isin't he just the cutest Camel (by Leancreatief Nr 45.2700 camel) and the set comes complete with the star too!! I made a background up using a Spellbinders Label Twenty-eight die cut from Kraft card and coloured with blue and brown ink pads to create the sky and sand. The clouds and sand dunes are Art Impressions stamps from their water colour range. I used Marvy Leplume II pens to ink up with . Then I die cut the camel using two different sheets of Xcut Metal Effect adhesive sheets. Gold and bronze to get the shading on his body. Lastly a black adhesive dot for his eye and a gold sticker sentiment from my stash.