Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Washi Tape Dreams

We are half way the 4 week challenge for my
Here are  some more inspiration cards for you
from myself and my Guest Designer for the month

Here is Kitty's card for you.

Very Striking in Black / White.
Please pop on over to Kitty's blog for more info.
You won't be disappointed.


Here is my inspiration.
I started off with a blank card and just stuck
rows of butterfly washi tape to entirely cover.
I like the random look it has given.

I used Memory Box  'Terrace Butterfly '
to cut an aperture from the card.
I matted pink card stock onto the base card
and then from another sheet of white card
die cut the same butterfly again.
I used the white butterfly as an inset  
and raised the cut out card of butterflies 
up on 3D blocks.

The sentiment is from Sheena Douglass
'A Little Bit Sketchy Butterfly Effect'
stamp set which I have stamped and then 
cut out using SU's  Curly label punch.
I coloured the word Butterfly very lightly 
with a different promarker pen for each letter
to match the butterflies. 
It shows up really well IRL.


For my second card I simply used the washi tape
butterfly as the insert having used the die cut at 
an angle when cutting out the white butterfly.
A strip of the same washi tape across the bottom
was I felt, all the card needed.
I matted onto turquoise card stock and the sentiment
is from Creative Expressions 'Wings' Stamp set
which I raised up on 3D pads.


I hope Kitty and I have given you some ideas
for you to flutterby and join in. 


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colorful butterflies!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just beautiful Mrs A., love all the cards, Kitty is the queen of washi that is for sure!! That silver washi is amazing, have seen any of here's, or yours for that matter;)
Clever work, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh I love your butterfly washi tape, Mrs. A! What a great idea to make a background with it! And you made two gorgeous butterfly cards! I am having fun being your GD - thank you so much!

KandA said...

Super cards from you both. Love the way you got to make 2 cards Mrs A. Still got to go shopping for Washi tape! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

3 Lovely cards from you and Kitty. I especially like how you have used the negative butterfly from one as a positive on the other.
BTW - thank you for dropping by my "place" earlier today. The die you were interested in is called Playful Penguins and I have edited my post with a link to a supplier where it is currently on sale if you want to come back and look again! Hugs, Lesley

Pat said...

Three lovely cards and I love Kitty's black and white and your array of butterflies on the second and the butterfly and washi used on the third and such pretty colours too. Washi tape is something I have never bought or used so probably will not be able to enter this time unless I fall over some on my travels in which case watch this space ..lol. x

Barb said...

Oh I love that butterfly washi tape. Lovely cards Mrs A. Kitty's card is very striking. Three lovely cards. Barbxx

laurie said...

Awesome butterfly cards! The black and white washi is so striking!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful creative projects
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Carol said...

These are gorgeous Mrs A, great use of the washi tape. Carol x

rachel said...

yours and Kittys cards are brilliant Valery - lovely! Hugs rachel x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful and inspirational cards, thanks to you and to Kitty!

Kathleen said...

Love the black and white.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Mrs A
Great use of the washi tape. Love the black and white one.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Em Louise Fairley said...

These are both beautiful, Mrs A
Hugs,
Em x

Greta said...

Wonderful cards! Love that butterfly tape--especially used to cover the card front--looks so neat, Mrs. A!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creations, colours and design.xx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

LesleyG said...

Lovely butterfly inspiration from both you and Kitty.
The way you mounted the tape so carefully all over, makes it look professionally printed, love all the layers, and no waste! xxx

Brenda in IN said...

I would have never known that was a background made of washi tape. What a fantastic background. I love how you used the cutout for another card with the washi tape again. Great cards. Kitty's card is lovely too.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous use of the Washi tape, Mrs A, the cards are so beautiful.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Darnell said...

Clever, clever you, Mrs. A!! I think your designs are outstanding and I'm in love with that butterfly Washi tape!! I love Kitty's card, too, and I shall go and tell her so. Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Very clever ways to use the positive and negative! That's some special Washi tape!