Friday, November 22, 2013

Santa's on his way.

Here is my 1st card for the challenge this month at Lady Anne's using the digi image provided by Fred She Said.

I have coloured up Santa using Graph'it pens (which I inherited from Fluff last weekend. Suffice to say I will never need to buy any pens again as they entirely filled a shoe box up!! Thankyou kindly!!) and a smidgeon of grey pearlescent chalk on his hair. I did 4 images and then cut and layered them using  round 3d foam pads to create depth.

The boots are covered in Glossy accents which doesn't really show up in the photo. His beard is sprinkled with Glamour Dust (which Miss Di insisted I buy on our outing out to the NEC. Teacher always knows best!) The trim on Santa's coat, hat and bobble are Micro beads. stuck on using doubled sided sticky tape. I finally bit the bullet and took the lid off the jar that Di had given me  to try out and glad I did as they turned out to be a doddle to use.
Dotty backing paper is from a Back to basics Christmas pack by Dovercraft (star buy at the NEC for £1 and already used loads of the 72sheets of 12 designs.) The paper behind Santa is a digi called getting ready for Santa from The Paper Shelter. Sentiment is a chipboard cut out coloured using the pens above and was another £1 buy from NEC (16 sentiments again by Dovercraft. 
 

I tried getting down really low, level with the card to get a side ways photo showing the layers and then spent 5 minutes getting back up off the floor again!! Good job I have a back appointment tomorrow.
 
Entering into the following challenges:
Lady Anne's Progressive challenge #10: Use images by Fred She Said.
Make My Monday: Santa the big guy.
Created with love #67: Anything goes.
Twisted Tuesday #63: Pop dots and polka dots.
Stamp 'n' Doodle #38: Christmas friends.
Rhedd and Rosie's #20: Christmas is coming.
Penny's Paper - Crafty #154: Anything goes.
Charisma Cardz #46: Christmas.
A Little Bit Crafty #7: Sparkle and shine.
 
 
 

20 comments:

Margreet said...

Santa is so adorable. Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

What an adorable Santa Card!! Thank you for joining the TTCRD challenge and good luck to you.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Debbie said...

Morning Mrs A
Great fun card, love the FC.
I am making kids cards at the mo, this image would be super.
Debbiex

Zoe said...

Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Chris Hanselman said...

Love the paper piecing...Great looking card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Sherry said...

Hi Mrs A, thanks for you visit :) I thought no-one would remember me LOL. Yikes, now I'm panicing or is it panicking - Christmas cards, you've made loads - I haven't even given them a thought yet.... s'pose it'll be left to last minute as usual! Hope all is well with you and your back gets better soon - have you tried placing item on a higher surface (at eye level) so you don't have to bend to photograph - just a thought. Take care xxx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh love your card. Santa is fantastic, love the demention of it. Thanks for sharing this week at Created with love Challenges Anything goes.
Linda K. DT

Ali said...

Your Santa looks really sweet.
Ali x

Karen Petitt said...

So cute, wonderful depth and sparkle! Hope you get some relief at your back place and have a good weekend xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Father Christmas, great card.

Kath x

Sandra H said...

Ho Ho Ho Mrs A your santa is amazing great card as always xx

Di said...

Brilliant Mrs A!! What a super Santa and aren't those papers we got the most amazing bargain? Not just for Christmas either I've realised, a lot are good for non-Christmas cards :)

Well done on braving the micro-beads too - I think it's the fear of spilling the whole tub that's the worst bit, great result!

Hope the back session went well - we need to be fighting fit for Bath.

Hugs, Di xx

Bonnie said...

What wonderful dimension to this Santa! I really love his sparkling beard and shiny boots!

Beccalite said...

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our Challenge #20 'Christmas is Coming' at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xx (DT member)

Unknown said...

super cute, love the dimension and texture. thanks for playing in our Christmas challenge at Charisma this challenge

Lisa xox

Unknown said...

Your santa is so cute. Great dimension. Love the sparkles. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp n Doodle. Rebecca

scrappymo! said...

This is such a cute pie! Santa is wonderfully layered...I tilted my head sideways and enjoyed the layered beautiy!!! lol

I am so glad that Miss Di talked you into the glamour dust...I always love the look of it. You got some wonderful bargains at your craft show/fair. 72 sheets for a pound is fab!!!

You know how I like to make goals for thestart of the New Year...I never use the R word...just goals...
Well, this year it is to use my new charms, use ribbon more and open the jars of glitter, glamour dust, mists etc. In other words...glam my cards up!!!

2014 shall be the year of glam!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the cute image, fabulous layering and beautiful colours.
Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I like this Father Christmas too. The Ho ho Ho is a great touch x