Sunday, July 24, 2011

A.W.O.L.

I havn't felt much like posting this past week even though I had several posts scheduled to go out whilst waiting for my computer to be fixed which I subsequently cancelled.
No my mojo hasn't gone missing and Flo hasn't ebbed and not come back but I have sadly lost my persian Bagpuss.
We got back last Sunday night to find her on the kitchen floor. She had had a massive stroke and though I sat and nursed her for 4 days she sadly didn't make it. I made the decision to have her at home in her familiar surroundings and let her do what she wanted. Wimpy and Wrapper sat with her the whole time and never left her side until the end. Then they wouldn't come in the house for the night and only came back in after breakfast the next morning. Now I'm beset with doubts. If we had not been away, if we had come home sooner would the outcome have been any different? So you pick yourself up and carry on. Then this card arrived from the Vets yesterday and I blubbered all over again. Do they leave footprints on your heart They sure do Large muddy ones!!!!!!!!!!



Computer is now back and 'Wormless' and good to go so normal posts will resume next week.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending you love at this sad time, it it lovely that you were able to be with her at the end and that she went to sleep surrounded by all that love xx

Ali said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Bagpuss but you can't blame yourself. I am sure it would have been even more distressing had you been home but the outcome would have been no different.

Remember the happy times and try not to dwell on the sad ones (easier said than done, I know!) The card is so wonderful but I am sure it is a painful reminder right now. Animals certainly touch our lives so strongly and the hole they leave behind in our hearts is huge. I can't bear to think of what is will be like without one or both of our two fur-babies.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time, I hope you take comfort in knowing that Bagpuss is not suffering any more.

((HUGS))
Ali x

Fiona said...

oh Mrs A....I am so sorry to hear your sad news, when things like this happen we always ask ourselves what if so you can't keep thinking like that and blame yourself. animals are like people and are proper members of the family so of course they leave a hole in your heart when they go.
You keep your chin up Mrs A and I am thinking of you.

fi
x

Sherry said...

(((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))

Sandra H said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your news my thoughts are with you at this sad time, lovely card:) Sandra H

mamanova said...

Oh no, that's such sad news - sending much love your way xxx

Unknown said...

Oh Mrs A. I am sending you so many happy thoughts and hugs. They do leave footprints and all you can do is think of the happy times xxx

Ali said...

Oh so sad sending you huge (((hugs)) xxx

Jan said...

I'm so sorry.... please dont blame yourself. She had all the love that you could possibly have given her. Take care. Jan x

Faye said...

I think in your heart, you know that even if you had been home the whole weekend, the same thing would have happened. Heart breaking as it is, it was her time. xxx

Do What You Love said...

I'm so sorry about Bagpuss. I know it is difficult but the love you showed her gave her a full life, you know. I hope that your heart will be full again, Mrs. A. Sending you loads of hugs!!

jackie said...

You have been in the wars, I hope life is getting a little easier. The pro account for Flickr is not bad really, they usualy give some kind of offer with it,ie. free moo cards or a photo book. I always feel that I have had my money's worth of fun out of it.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh I am so very sorry to learn that you have lost your sweet kitty. Your absence and her illness are highly unlikely to have been connected. I'm sure she slipped away peacefully after a long and full life in her home surroundings and I hope your memories of her and your knowledge that she couldn't have been more loved give you some comfort. Warm hugs, Lesley

Jo said...

Sorry i'm late with my condolences. RIP Bagpuss xx

Unknown said...

Sorry too that I am so late with my condolences. Bagpuss was loved and cared for wonderfully, sending my love.
Georgie xx