Thursday, August 03, 2023

Blue it is.

I don't use a lot of blue in my cards but I was challenged to use a Butterfly, use Blue and make the card Square. Well square it is but I went a bit further and made it into an Easel card. In for a penny in for a pound as they say. 

Design papers are from The Works called Natures Blues. Die cut frame is Crafts - Too Square Dies Scalloped edge and the sentiment is from Creative Expressions by Lisa Horton. The Butterfly is 'Willoughby' by Memory Box and is going to be another firm favourite with me. Below is a closeup
of the Front design. 
Entering into the following challenges:
Creatalicious Challenges #264 Anything goes/different fold technique.
Creative Aunts #80 Anything goes.
Ellibelles Corner # Anything goes.
Love To Craft #75 Anything goes.
Love To Scrap #162 Anything goes.


 
Can't seem to settle to anything. No sooner do I get out in the garden it rains. I come in and it stops. I got drenched going to the shops yesterday but not  just because it was raining. Came out of one shop and it started raining  so sheltered for a bit under the over hang of the building and then decided to make a bee line for the bus shelter.  Nice and dry one thought. Nope. White van man decided to speed up deliberately when he got to the shelter and drenched us both from head to foot from the kerb puddle he shot through!! 

Stay Dry

25 comments:

Aquarius said...

Very pretty blue butterfly card and lots of challenges covered. Sorry to hear you got an unexpected soaking recently

Sue - said...

What a very pretty card! I love it. Sorry about the drenching, hope the driver gets his just reward!

Lia said...

This is one of my most favorite colours: what a beauty!!
Lia xx

Glennis F said...

This is so pretty, I love that butterfly!

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty butterfly card Mrs A...love the scallop dies

Anne

Chris said...

A beautiful layered design in such pretty shades of blue, the die cut butterfly is lovely, so delicate.
Some drivers are totally inconsiderate, hope he gets soaked too! xx

Freubelmina said...

Not wrong to get out of your comfort zone with this beautiful color ValeryAnne!
You made a beautiful card!
Ow ow what a sucker.... karma comes his way! Love xx

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and an easel card at that l haven 't made one of these for ages l love your butterfly and the scalloped panels and being blue one of my favourite colours to work with its so lovely x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very beautiful easel card Mrs A, love all the scalloped squares and that big butterfly keeps the stage!
Sorry for the bad van man action. Some people is really sadistic and rude.

Margreet said...

Beautiful colours for your fab easelcard. Love the scalloped squares.
Sorry about the drenching. Hope he will be punished ever.
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

Really pretty card Mrs A..the weather has been atrocious here to I'm fed up of getting wet everytime I take the dog out! Can't get any washing out on the line I'm just hoping it improves hugs x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful easel card and butterfly,love the shades of blue and scalloped dies.Not a very considerate driver -karma will catch him!
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card and Beautiful papers Valery Anne. I must say I'm fed up with the weather at the moment. I don't know if I should hang the washing out and if I do how long before it rains.

Sue xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, like all those scallopy layers with your butterfly. Sorry you got a rude shower.

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Valery just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Glenda said...

This is just beautiful! I love all those lovely layers!

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I do love all the scallops and layering, pretty butterfly!

Kim said...

Beautiful. The layers help to accent the butterfly. Thanks for joining the challenge st Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

lichazul said...

Beautiful and delicate 💐☺️👍👏👏👏 have a great day

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and love this, so creative as always! ♥

Bernadet said...

Tis is such a great card with this wonderful butterfly

Bernadet said...

What a lovely butterfly you made ValleryAnne.
Love the dies you've used.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a wonderful blue card and such a super easel design.
Love the papers used.
I don't make many blue cards and recently though I must and then I didn't have any blue paers so I bought some lovely downloads from Etsy.
I think the white van men do this on perpose and some cars too.
Hope you are enjoying the better weather we have had this month.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and colours